Thread: Another Instance Of Fake Science?

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Another Instance Of Fake Science?

This article says the earth is picking up speed in its rotation making the days shorter.

When I was teaching earth science, I had read that the average length of a day, during the Mesozoic Era was about 22 hours. Since today, our days are about 24 hours long, it would stand to reason that the earth's rotational speed is slowing down, not speeding up.

I wonder if this "new discovery" is similar to the "discovery" that if the ice caps melt, sea levels will rise?

If so, then science is no longer based on facts, but on someone's agenda...much like mask mandates and the coincidences of COVID 19 and Monkey Pox to upcoming elections.

I could be wrong, but I'm just going by what I read when science wasn't agenda-driven.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/techn...1010d0b53572ee
    Last edited by alismith; 08-04-2022 at 12:09 PM.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Junk science. I don't believe they could accurately measure milliseconds in the earths rotation any more than they can predict the temperature the planet will be at 10 years in the future or 100 years.

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Junk science.

Using AK-nut science, there is no such thing as perpetual motion, therefore using friction against it's own atmosphere the earth should be slowing down.

Using real science, I read somewhere that the last couple of giant earthquakes did do something to the length of the day, but I can't remember and am heading out to run a 56 channel sound board for a really nice band so don't have the time now to look it up!

Quote Originally Posted by imanaknut View Post
    Junk science.

Using AK-nut science, there is no such thing as perpetual motion, therefore using friction against it's own atmosphere the earth should be slowing down.

Using real science, I read somewhere that the last couple of giant earthquakes did do something to the length of the day, but I can't remember and am heading out to run a 56 channel sound board for a really nice band so don't have the time now to look it up!
    Wait if all the windmills built are facing into the wind, it would slow the earth down, now if they facing away from the wind, we're going to have 8 hour days to work now! Truck drivers are going to love this! Factory workers will have 4 hour days. I'm onboard with building more windmills facing away.

Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    When I was teaching earth science, I had read that the average length of a day, during the Mesozoic Era was about 22 hours. Since today, our days are about 24 hours long, it would stand to reason that the earth's rotational speed is slowing down, not speeding up.
    Questions...

Do the double-naught skientists have any idea of how cosmic rays (greater or lesser amounts) may alter the rate of spin? How about solar winds...alignment of the planets...too many possible variables. But to assume it's due to globull warmins is about the same height of hubris as believing we're alone in the universe.
    If we refuse to rule ourselves with reason, then we shall be ruled by our passions.

He, Who Will Not Reason, Is a Bigot; He, Who Cannot, Is a Fool; and He, Who Dares Not, Is a Slave. -Sir William Drummond

There are some things I will not abide within my sight!

This article says the earth is picking up speed in its rotation making the days shorter.

I wonder if this "new discovery" is similar to the "discovery" that if the ice caps melt, sea levels will rise?

If so, then science is no longer based on facts, but on someone's agenda...much like mask mandates and the coincidences of COVID 19 and Monkey Pox to upcoming elections.

I could be wrong, but I'm just going by what I read when science wasn't agenda-driven.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/techn...1010d0b53572ee

The earth rotates faster than the moon orbits it. Therefore, the earth, through tidal forces, transfers energy to the moon. This causes the moon's orbit to increase by about 1 cm per year, and this also slows down the rotational speed of the earth, gradually lengthening our days. In eons to come, the moon's orbital speed will match the earth's rotation rate and the moon will hang in one spot in the sky (albeit much further away and visually much smaller). One day on earth will be longer than it is now (although I don't know HOW much longer).
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

Quote Originally Posted by Krupski View Post
    The earth rotates faster than the moon orbits it. Therefore, the earth, through tidal forces, transfers energy to the moon. This causes the moon's orbit to increase by about 1 cm per year, and this also slows down the rotational speed of the earth, gradually lengthening our days. In eons to come, the moon's orbital speed will match the earth's rotation rate and the moon will hang in one spot in the sky (albeit much further away and visually much smaller). One day on earth will be longer than it is now (although I don't know HOW much longer).
    What effect will all the windmills they're putting up on the face of the earth have in regards to earths rotational speed? Wouldn't that slow it down or speed it up?

Quote Originally Posted by 1 Patriot-of-many View Post
    What effect will all the windmills they're putting up on the face of the earth have in regards to earths rotational speed? Wouldn't that slow it down or speed it up?
    It's kinda like Vegas. What happens in the atmosphere stays in the atmosphere.
    If we refuse to rule ourselves with reason, then we shall be ruled by our passions.

He, Who Will Not Reason, Is a Bigot; He, Who Cannot, Is a Fool; and He, Who Dares Not, Is a Slave. -Sir William Drummond

Quote Originally Posted by 1 Patriot-of-many View Post
    No effect at all. The mass of the earth is 5.97219 × 10^24 kilograms. Theoretically, windmills or lots of cars all driving in the same direction would induce some change, but divide the acceleration of all the windmills or cars by the mass of the earth and you get a number so insignificant it is basically zero.

Butt a shotgun against a mountain, then fire. How much does the mountain move?

See, completely insignificant.

Quote Originally Posted by Oswald Bastable View Post
    It's kinda like Vegas. What happens in the atmosphere stays in the atmosphere.

(don't you mean troposphere?).

Going by the "experts" we should be;
    out of oil
    under water
    out of food
    inundated with acid rain
    etc etc
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 5.56NATO View Post
    Going by the "experts" we should be;
    out of oil
    under water
    out of food
    inundated with acid rain
    etc etc
    And the constant, more powerful hurricanes, unending heat waves, blizzards everywhere, people dying of CO2 buildup (can't count covid masks as they were mandated), volcanoes and earthquakes everywhere, city people dropping dead due to car exhaust air pollution, etc.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

And the constant, more powerful hurricanes, unending heat waves, blizzards everywhere, people dying of CO2 buildup (can't count covid masks as they were mandated), volcanoes and earthquakes everywhere, city people dropping dead due to car exhaust air pollution, etc.
    Cats and dogs living together...MASS HYSTERIA!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Krupski View Post

(don't you mean troposphere?).
    Quibble, quibble, quibble...

Quibble!

Quote Originally Posted by Oswald Bastable View Post
    Cats and dogs living together...MASS HYSTERIA!!!
    That cracks me up every time I hear it.