Thread: Samsumg TV help

Samsumg TV help

I have a 10 year old Samsung 50 inch TV.
    Suddenly it's developed a thin vertical line on the right side of the screen.
    Depending on the background it's either black or red.

I've done some searching on the internet but so far I've found nothing of much use.

Any ideas???

screen's going bad...nothing you can do except replace it...cheaper these days to buy a new tv than try to have it serviced.
    If we refuse to rule ourselves with reason, then we shall be ruled by our passions.

He, Who Will Not Reason, Is a Bigot; He, Who Cannot, Is a Fool; and He, Who Dares Not, Is a Slave. -Sir William Drummond

There are some things I will not abide within my sight!

It's not bad, just a very thin line, which my wife has apparently not noticed yet.
    Thanks, wife will pitch a fit ......football coming.

We have a "non traditional" marriage........I'm doing gun work, hobby work, reading etc, she's in the living room wearing full Patriots regalia, jumping up and down on the couch yelling "SOMEONE TACKLE HIM" or "RUN YOU SOB, RUN".

It may just stay that way for a time, or it may start to grow or develop additional lines...it's a crap shoot with older flat screens...you may be able to tolerate it for a while before you kick in the screen and set up a new one.
    If we refuse to rule ourselves with reason, then we shall be ruled by our passions.

He, Who Will Not Reason, Is a Bigot; He, Who Cannot, Is a Fool; and He, Who Dares Not, Is a Slave. -Sir William Drummond

There are some things I will not abide within my sight!

Team GunsNet Silver 04/2015 Nobeard's Avatar

Recommend replacing it NOW.
    Sure, it might last a month or even a year - but it's going to fail.

When that happens?
    How much will a replacement cost or will one even be available?
    If China jumps on Taiwan the supply of chips and microprocessors could dry up overnight.