Thread: Only in CA - Not just gasoline: State looks to ban DIESEL trucks because of the R-word

Team GunsNet Gold 07/2012 / Super Moderator Gunreference1's Avatar

Post Only in CA - Not just gasoline: State looks to ban DIESEL trucks because of the R-word

After today, it's all historical.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

It's going to be interesting to see how CA fares when electric semi's just won't be able to deliver anything to the state. CA is willingly thrusting itself back into the 17th century.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Man, Californians are gonna pay for that one. As well as the rest of the nation. Think of the shortages and blocked up ports!

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 1 Patriot-of-many View Post
    Man, Californians are gonna pay for that one. As well as the rest of the nation. Think of the shortages and blocked up ports!
    Some other state will offer the use of their ports (might not be as convenient) to overcome CA's stupidity.

I heard that FL offered open ports to all ships. There's a whole lot of states on the east coast that might be another option.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Quote Originally Posted by 1 Patriot-of-many View Post
    Any closure of ports by CA to truck traffic from other States would likely be actionable under the Interstate Commerce Clause of the US Constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    Some other state will offer the use of their ports (might not be as convenient) to overcome CA's stupidity.

I heard that FL offered open ports to all ships. There's a whole lot of states on the east coast that might be another option.
    Some 'possible' good news on the political front. I don't want to be optimistic (and some dudes just spew negativity all the time here and think they're clever, they're not). But I went to a big party in the ritzy hills around me last night. It was FILLED with 'liberals'. Ugh. NOT my crowd at all. A guy stepped up and introduced himself to the crowd as a political candidate for their assembly district. He was a (GASP) Republican, and the crowd pretty made it clear that they were staunch LIBERALS. What shocked me was that more and more of them were talking with the guy and saying that the DEMOCRATS were destroying the state, and that they had come to a point where they were SO MAD at the out of touch establishment DEMOCRAT machine in California that they were actually willing for the first time to vote for a REPUBLICAN. And this was a 'big step' for them. I was shocked, I saw more an a few dozen die hard hippy libtards say that they would cross the aisle and vote for a Republican just to STOP the insanity of the Democrats in the super majority.

Don't know if this is a good sign, and I seriously have doubts that there are enough left leaning folks who have the self awareness to STOP supporting an insane party, but it was nice to see. These were all OLDER people, folks who remembered when voters used to pick candidates based on their positions on issues, NOT the letter behind their name (D or R). Also they weren't the violent, in your face types. All those sick violent individuals are all YOUNGER people. I don't see OLD Antifa rioters. But if we can pick up more 40 and older voters, we might have a chance.

For those that decry the shenanigans that the Democrats will pull, let me point out that they don't have a mechanism to CHEAT where they fully expect to win. They only pull out the stops in actual SWING districts and states. The shenanigans come from the Sec of State, when they disqualify ballot measure and recalls, but general voting they don't have a reason to cheat so they may be in for a big surprise.

I can hope. But I'll be prepared to be disappointed again.

Amazing how the lights begin to switch on when the policies of the system you support, begin to have a serious negative impact upon you...
    If we refuse to rule ourselves with reason, then we shall be ruled by our passions.

He, Who Will Not Reason, Is a Bigot; He, Who Cannot, Is a Fool; and He, Who Dares Not, Is a Slave. -Sir William Drummond

There are some things I will not abide within my sight!