Thread: CMP Round 3 Service Grade 1911

CMP Round 3 Service Grade 1911

I sat out Round 1 & 2 but was impressed enough from what I saw I decided to participate in Round 3 even with the price increase.

Sent my packet in September 1st and received my RGN email on October 3rd. I received a call from CMP on October 5th and requested a Service Grade. I received a ship notice email on October 6th and picked it up from my local FFL on October 7th. Based on what I was seeing from Round 1 & 2, Round 3 is moving along quite swiftly.

The serial number indicates a RR frame and it has a Colt slide. The barrel appears to be a 1985 replacement. Otherwise, I couldn't tell you how "correct" the other parts may or may not be, but it is in very nice condition.

I have purchased about a dozen rifles through the CMP in the past 20 years and have never been disappointed, the 1911 program did not disappoint either.

Last edited by Faulkner; 10-11-2022 at 10:01 AM.
    - Change it back -

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Beautiful pistol. How accurate is it?
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    Beautiful pistol. How accurate is it?
    Just got it late yesterday, disassembled and cleaned it up this morning. Probably be next week before I get to try it out
    - Change it back -

As I noted above, my CMP Round 3 M1911 came with Remington Rand lower and Colt slide. Since these CMP guns are basically parts guns anyway I decided to see if I could find a nice Remington Rand slide to mate with my lower, hoping I could horse trade my Colt upper with someone who had the inverse of what I had. After a week or so I came across a guy that, sure enough, had a Colt frame and a nice RR slide who was also looking for a slide trade. We compared slides and turns out we each had what the other needed, so a handshake later we made the trade.

After checking my references, after swapping out the replacement barrel with a WWII HS marked one, I'm pretty sure I have a complete WWII era Remington Rand.

Last edited by Faulkner; 02-04-2024 at 07:53 PM.
    - Change it back -

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Congrats on your trade. Glad your gun is now complete as it should be.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars