Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Interesting video on the current state of the Russia/Ukraine war - Russia is in trouble...

Quote Originally Posted by NAPOTS View Post
    I keep hearing about this theory that they are holding back their skilled troops but think about the message they are sending to the west compared to the one we sent to the east during the 1st Gulf War. We rolled Saddam's army in days. Here they are getting slaughtered by Ukraine with western arms support. This whole thing is supposed to be a power play to intimidate NATO. They are fielding untrained troops with old weapons, limited equipment, no medical support, their shit is obviously not maintained, or even close to western standards. They are also running out of smart munitions as they are buying drones and missiles from Iran.

I think what is blatantly clear is their leadership doesn't give two shits about the lives of their own troops. Their conscription is only for 1 year and they have no NCO corps. None of their guys have any experience or discipline and it sounds like mercenaries like Wagner and the Chechen guy are calling a lot of the shots.
    Hopefully that is the case, but I figure it also leads to nukes quicker than the other scenario. I base the holding back one on something I read years ago that Kruschev came up with to lure nato into ukraine and kill it there, meaning after natos demise in ukraine the rest of europe would be wide open with no one to save them.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Look at the second line of yellow text just below his ear. He may yet achieve that.

“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12