Thread: Depressed, last child leaving

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Depressed, last child leaving

Didn't think it would bother me so much, Our last child/young adult has decided to move to Denver from our home in MN. Wife and I are taking it hard knowing in a couple months we'll be empty nesters. Never really thought about it, don't remember being so upset about my first I threw out, and my second who left on good terms to move to the twin cities. Anybody else have such feelings watching their kid move halfway across the country?

Guns Network Contributor 01/2015 Altarboy's Avatar

We have one who bought a house thirty miles away. We missed him, but we really love being empty nesters. You'll be fine.

I couldn't wait for my son to leave, but it was really hard to let my daughter go. Luckily she married a great guy and is doing good.
    But look at the bright side, you can walk around in your Fruit of The Loom Boys Briefs and no one will care.

Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2015 davepool's Avatar

My daughter moved to Washington DC when she was 18 to work for Perrini construction; one day she's going to ASU, next day my sister in law hires her to come out and work on some big project, for 4-5 yrs. This one hurt, the boys not so much.

BUT we raised her right and the insanity of the east coast never broke her down and she came home 3 yrs later

Quote Originally Posted by 1 Patriot-of-many View Post
    Didn't think it would bother me so much, Our last child/young adult has decided to move to Denver from our home in MN. Wife and I are taking it hard knowing in a couple months we'll be empty nesters. Never really thought about it, don't remember being so upset about my first I threw out, and my second who left on good terms to move to the twin cities. Anybody else have such feelings watching their kid move halfway across the country?
    My oldest son is married, but he lives about 15 minutes away, so it's not like he's gone (i.e. out of state). Plus, my angel granddaughter is there! My younger son lives about 20 minutes away and visits us about once or twice a week, so it's not so bad. My daughter is 21 and still in college... she lives upstairs from us, so that's the best (she's HERE, but far enough away not to be annoying LOL!).

So far, our "underfilled nest" isn't too bad... I dread when they are all gone. Hopefully not for a long while.
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

When the youngest left, CC and I danced a jig around the maypole and frolicked naked about the house...

But then she returned from a failed marriage, and we donned sackcloth and ashes...

She's still here...mother!
    If we refuse to rule ourselves with reason, then we shall be ruled by our passions.

He, Who Will Not Reason, Is a Bigot; He, Who Cannot, Is a Fool; and He, Who Dares Not, Is a Slave. -Sir William Drummond

There are some things I will not abide within my sight!