Thread: Did my civic duty this morning

Did my civic duty this morning

Currently I'm working a 3rd shift job, so I always vote on my way home, shortly after the polls open. Usually I'm in and out in about 15 minutes. Even for the 2020 election it was only about 25 minutes. Much longer line this morning...took me about 50 minutes from the time I got in line to when I was walking out the door.

Now the waiting begins to see just how bad the steal is.
    If we refuse to rule ourselves with reason, then we shall be ruled by our passions.

He, Who Will Not Reason, Is a Bigot; He, Who Cannot, Is a Fool; and He, Who Dares Not, Is a Slave. -Sir William Drummond

There are some things I will not abide within my sight!

Here’s a breakdown of the shifts we might see as votes are counted in six battleground states

https://www.cnn.com/2022/11/07/polit...lts/index.html

These quirks of the US election system are normal and somewhat predictable. And they aren’t indicative of fraud or wrongdoing, despite what many prominent Republicans have falsely claimed.

Early election night results might not indicate final tallies (and why that's OK)

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/earl...ry?id=92762835

As early Election Day results come in on Tuesday, it will likely appear that a Republican candidates vying for any number of the federal or statewide races appear to be leading their Democratic opponents, even by large margins.

Their leads will dwindle, or crumble completely, after perceived "dumps" of votes are recorded by state election officials who count mail-in and absentee ballots in the days -- or even weeks -- following Election Day.

Just a guess
    For peace of mind, resign as general manager of the universe

Guns Network Contributor 01/2015 Altarboy's Avatar

Wow. Thanks, Otto.
    Yeah I voted last Wed.

Given those links are to the Communist News Network and All Bullshit Communists, I think I'll believe...errrr...not a bloody word of it.
    If we refuse to rule ourselves with reason, then we shall be ruled by our passions.

He, Who Will Not Reason, Is a Bigot; He, Who Cannot, Is a Fool; and He, Who Dares Not, Is a Slave. -Sir William Drummond

There are some things I will not abide within my sight!

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Voted straight Republican ticket last Thursday.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Quote Originally Posted by Full Otto View Post
    Here’s a breakdown of the shifts we might see as votes are counted in six battleground states

https://www.cnn.com/2022/11/07/polit...lts/index.html

These quirks of the US election system are normal and somewhat predictable. And they aren’t indicative of fraud or wrongdoing, despite what many prominent Republicans have falsely claimed.

Early election night results might not indicate final tallies (and why that's OK)

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/earl...ry?id=92762835

As early Election Day results come in on Tuesday, it will likely appear that a Republican candidates vying for any number of the federal or statewide races appear to be leading their Democratic opponents, even by large margins.

Their leads will dwindle, or crumble completely, after perceived "dumps" of votes are recorded by state election officials who count mail-in and absentee ballots in the days -- or even weeks -- following Election Day.

Just a guess
    That about sums it up. They pulled suitcases of ballots out after dismissing the poll watchers last time and suddenly Biden was ahead........

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    We have a democrat house rep who owns the Indianapolis precinct. He inherited it from his grandmother. As the votes come in, they make it look like the republicans are putting on a good show as the early results come in, then all of a sudden 100,000 votes show up for this gentleman and he wins with over 75% of the vote. It's a game they like to play, hang out what looks like a carrot on a stick, but is actually a phony-bologna.

Team GunsNet Silver 04/2015 Nobeard's Avatar

Had to wait in line about 30 minutes (NOT complaining) Normally it's walk in and back out under 10 minutes.

They've got new machines as well...
    After showing ID, you get the 'register receipt' with an access # and a paper ballot.
    This is blank except for an arrow (to show which way it goes in) and some rectangles on the side.

Put the paper ballot into the slot then use a touch screen to select candidates.

Hit 'done' and it prints the actual votes onto the blank ballot so you can double check everything.

Take that to a scanner that's on top of a locked box.

Scanner reads the ballot then it goes into the box in case there needs to be a recount.

Doesn't mean they can't steal an election - but it's going to be a damn sight harder if there's an actual piece of paper to verify the actual votes.

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

This country is fucked. How the hell do tyrants and brain stroked out keep winning? MN sucks, PA sucks Won't know who won the house till they dummy up enough votes for the craps. Our country is going down the tubes.

Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2015 davepool's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Full Otto View Post
    I watched that just as we returned from voting, my ballot was accepted on the first try, my wife had to put hers in the machine twice before it was accepted the third time, 20% of the machines did not work in the county at all, they closed several polling places as a result.

I'm not surprised at all, the same assholes who ran the 2020 election are still in place and nothing has changed since 2020 AND the democrap candidate for governor is actively running the secretary of states office

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by davepool View Post
    I watched that just as we returned from voting, my ballot was accepted on the first try, my wife had to put hers in the machine twice before it was accepted the third time, 20% of the machines did not work in the county at all, they closed several polling places as a result.

I'm not surprised at all, the same assholes who ran the 2020 election are still in place and nothing has changed since 2020 AND the democrap candidate for governor is actively running the secretary of states office
    In my county, the Board of Elections checks every machine long before all elections and certifies that each one is in working order. They are then sealed in a locked room until they are sent to the voting places, where they are monitored every second they are not under lock and key. There is no way our machines can be hacked unless they've found a way to alter them while they're being used. After the elections, they are checked again to make sure each one was still in working order, sealed up, and placed back in a locked warehouse. This process is repeated for every election.

I know this because my son and his wife were polling monitors (guards) for about 5 years (they got paid $300/day until their services were no longer needed).

There's no excuse for any machine to be down on election day. Either someone isn't doing their job, or someone is attempting to cheat. (I know which choice I'd go with.)

Maricopa County is the biggest cheating county in the US.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2015 davepool's Avatar

yea our county officials said the machines were checked and ready to go, i guess it depends on what they mean by "ready to go". The feds and DOJ are all over our elections here, do you think any county officials will be charged with voter suppression for their maleficence? sorry my bad, they are only here to harass folks watching the drop boxes

Of course maricopa county cheats like hell, how else did fuckhead mccain keep getting re-elected. He pissed off a lot of folks here over obama care
    Last edited by davepool; 11-10-2022 at 01:09 PM.

I think they took their notes on cheating from this scene