Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sound off: HOW is the WEATHER where you're at?

Sound off: HOW is the WEATHER where you're at?

Got Flooding in California. Good. We need the water. Also those flood waters are sweeping all those homeless encampments into the ocean! BWAHAHAHAHAHA. Our Sierra Mountain snowpack is 175% of normal. We need more rain and snow through April to make a dent in our drought. The Creek near my house is normally 30 feet BELOW the roadway, but it crested above the road at least once. I'm safe. The house is on elevated ground. Good times.

Any of you guys getting harsh weather? Either Cold Temps or storms? How you faring?

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

10" or more snow in the last 3 days. I gotta go plow my driveway again.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Just rain here in eastern MD. Not cold enough for any snow, but we don't usually get much snow until the end of January into Feb., and even then, it's not much. Unseasonably warm here right now, but the temps. are dropping and it should get down to "seasonal temps" next week (30's).
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Mid 30's right now overcast with a few flurries.
    It's been up and down from mid 60's to 30's since Christmas when it was below 0 and blizzard conditions
    Had a shoot here for a few hours on Monday
    For peace of mind, resign as general manager of the universe

We've had snow on the ground since mid November. Today it's high winds...again.
    But no flooding here at 4500'

Not too shabby here...no excess globular warmins, no excruciating ice agedness. Only had one significant arctic freeziness so far...most tolerable overall.

As to potential flooding...well...being on top of one of the highest hills in the area, most all the world around me would need to be underwater before it was lapping at my doorstep. Course, that would present a whole new host of problems.
    If we refuse to rule ourselves with reason, then we shall be ruled by our passions.

He, Who Will Not Reason, Is a Bigot; He, Who Cannot, Is a Fool; and He, Who Dares Not, Is a Slave. -Sir William Drummond

There are some things I will not abide within my sight!

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Expanding on what neighbor Full Otto said, winter has been global warmed here in Indiana. Flocks of robins, that usually arrive a couple of weeks before spring time have been here since Christmas. We have been having temps near record highs with lows setting records for the highest low temps. Except for that one massive storm a few weeks ago, we have had no snow and some rain.

So commiefornia has been complaining about drought conditions and wild fires long enough that The Lord with His great sense of humor is sending rain. And being commiefornia, nobody was smart enough to build an Ark.

Christmas weekend in the St. Louis area was a real bear with sub-zero temperatures and wind chills over 30 below zero.
    Two days ago, there was a record temperature of 68 set in 1939. We hit 72 that day.
    Go figure.
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2011 weevil's Avatar

Pretty much normal here....30s to 50s in the day and occasionally a blast of artic air and snow but nothing we don't usually get this time of year.
    Where are we going and why are we in this handbasket???

Quote Originally Posted by JTHunter View Post
    Christmas weekend in the St. Louis area was a real bear with sub-zero temperatures and wind chills over 30 below zero.
    Two days ago, there was a record temperature of 68 set in 1939. We hit 72 that day.
    Go figure.
    Almost identical here in sw Indiana.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Team GunsNet Silver 04/2015 Nobeard's Avatar

Got down to 8ºF right before Christmas.
    Last night was low 40s and right now it's in the mid 60s

Lately, it gets the coldest in February (straight week or two between single digits and teens).
    That's also when most of the snow happens. Over 2 foot on Valentines Day in 2021
    That might not seem like much to all the members up north, but we also have the wonderful summer weather to contend with:

Yes, that's 104º after 7PM in July.
    Julie has a pic on her phone from August when it was over 110º at 5PM

Like all else in life - it's a tradeoff and you just hafta deal with it.

Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2015 davepool's Avatar

68 here, looks like we're done with "winter" , going to stay like this until hell opens up in june

Snow is all melted here in the High Desert @4500 ft. First time since early November. Windy and 37 degrees feels kinda balmy here, where we are...at.

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    So far it looks like the robins were correct. Next week is projected to be in the 50s. I am fully expecting that February will make up for our lake of winter with a record 3 foot snowfall the second week.

Well with water levels starting to recover this is real nice

For peace of mind, resign as general manager of the universe

Been cool and wet here in eastern MD until last week. Now, the heat's hit with temps in the 90's , high humidities, and heat indexes in the 100's.

Other than that, great.

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Freedom isn't free.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Western drought is now in fly-over country.

As was predicted as we turned from God.
    If we refuse to rule ourselves with reason, then we shall be ruled by our passions.

He, Who Will Not Reason, Is a Bigot; He, Who Cannot, Is a Fool; and He, Who Dares Not, Is a Slave. -Sir William Drummond

There are some things I will not abide within my sight!

It's been kind of interesting here in that we're getting far more rain than normal. It rained 3.5" one day last week, and 4.5/8" the day before yesterday. Normally we get about an inch a week during the summer.

I live about 30 feet above the nearby swamp and the properties in my neighborhood are a mixture of regular dirt and sand.
    Water does not stand longer than about 15 minutes after a heavy rain, so there's no evidence of heavy rainfall except for the super lush grass in everyone's yards. I, usually, get my grass cut about once every two weeks whether it needs ti or not, but now I'm cutting it about every 4-5 days.

I'm not knocking all this rain and it makes it so I don't have to water my roses every other day now.

Freedom isn't free.

Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2015 davepool's Avatar

The weather has been...normal...it's effing hot...it's summer in the Sonoran desert, BUT according to the chicken little's (climate change promoters) reporting the weather, we are in the midst of the most horrendous heat wave in the history of arizona...i've never seen such panic mongering in my life. The reporters actually sound disappointed when their predictions of doom and destruction don't occur (which they rarely do)

and it's working, the city has decided to close hiking trails in the mountain preserve, there's one two blocks from my house, between 11am and 5pm to stop stupid people from exceeding their ability to handle the heat
    Last edited by davepool; 07-22-2023 at 08:27 AM.

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Quote Originally Posted by davepool View Post
    The weather has been...normal...it's effing hot...it's summer in the Sonoran desert, BUT according to the chicken little's (climate change promoters) reporting the weather, we are in the midst of the most horrendous heat wave in the history of arizona...i've never seen such panic mongering in my life. The reporters actually sound disappointed when their predictions of doom and destruction don't occur (which they rarely do)

and it's working, the city has decided to close hiking trails in the mountain preserve, there's one two blocks from my house, between 11am and 5pm to stop stupid people from exceeding their ability to handle the heat
    When it's hotter than normal, it's global warming, when it's colder than normal it's global warming...... Oh wait I mean man made climate change, cause the climate never changed before since the planet came into being.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast