Thread: 5th Circuit strikes down bumpstock ban!

Team Gunsnet Silver 02/14 - Moderator recon's Avatar

Buy It Cheap!
    Stack It Deep!

Original Member-July-1999!

Team GunsNet Silver 03/2014 sevlex's Avatar

Excellent news.

Hopefully not too many people ditched their parts beforehand.
    Telling the truth is treason in an empire of lies.

WWG1WGA

Nothing good ever comes from a pinched sphincter

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

A little late after people turned in their stocks and manufacturers went under.

Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2011 weevil's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 1 Patriot-of-many View Post
    A little late after people turned in their stocks and manufacturers went under.

I'm sure that was the plan all along.....whether it stands up in court or not. They know it will take months or even years before it's settled...you can bet this decision will be appealed....but in the meantime they put a serious dent in the industry and confiscate and no doubt destroy those they can get their hands on.
    Where are we going and why are we in this handbasket???

Quote Originally Posted by weevil View Post
    I'm sure that was the plan all along.....whether it stands up in court or not. They know it will take months or even years before it's settled...you can bet this decision will be appealed....but in the meantime they put a serious dent in the industry and confiscate and no doubt destroy those they can get their hands on.
    I actually think all this might be better for patriotic resistance. Full auto (or full auto-like fire) is intended for one thing and one thing only...forcing your opponent to keep his head down.

Selective fire, pick a target and take it down is a far more effective tactic. Focus on marksmanship first. Spray and pray is wonderful, but never works out like in movies. Give me two guys who can aim and hit what they aim at, over ten who can spray and pray...every...single...time...
    If we refuse to rule ourselves with reason, then we shall be ruled by our passions.

He, Who Will Not Reason, Is a Bigot; He, Who Cannot, Is a Fool; and He, Who Dares Not, Is a Slave. -Sir William Drummond

There are some things I will not abide within my sight!

Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2011 weevil's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Oswald Bastable View Post
    I actually think all this might be better for patriotic resistance. Full auto (or full auto-like fire) is intended for one thing and one thing only...forcing your opponent to keep his head down.

Selective fire, pick a target and take it down is a far more effective tactic. Focus on marksmanship first. Spray and pray is wonderful, but never works out like in movies. Give me two guys who can aim and hit what they aim at, over ten who can spray and pray...every...single...time...

Meh...not something I was ever really interested in......but I do support everyone's right to own one.

I agree the ability to actually hit something you're aiming at is far superior to a hail of lead and hoping something connects.
    Where are we going and why are we in this handbasket???

Depends on the weapon. My Ar18 is easily controllable on auto.

Quote Originally Posted by weevil View Post
    Yeah This is the administrative state at work. For all you guys, a good read on how we lost our rights and how the administrative state is judge and jury after a "judge" rules is https://www.amazon.com/Authoritarian.../dp/1631953923 Highly recommend reading this book.

Depends on the weapon. My Ar18 is easily controllable on auto.
    Yes, but a full auto designed weapon is quite different than one made simulacrum full auto via some form of add on. I'm sure there have been many full autos that can be controllable with use and familiarity, but that's a far cry from, say, throwing the old shoe string on your AR and being expected to put directive fire on a target.

Given few of us can afford a true full auto, and likely not even the ammo needed to be able to learn to control a bump stock (or the like) equipped weapon...I still say it's better to be able to hit what you aim at than to lay down suppressive fire. I'm not saying there's no place for it in a fire team...just that it's far less useful in the long run. I'll still take two guys who can hit what they aim at over ten who can spray and be out of ammo in five seconds, trying to get that next mag in while they're being shot at.

Hell, I don't even care if they actually hit that popinjay shooting back, as long as they keep him from popping up to shot at me. And while that's the proper use of full auto fire, an enemy who can see all that full auto going into the ground ten feet in front of or ten feet above his position is going to quickly determine it's time to pop up and lay directed fire at me.

1Pat...if I have you on my flank with your 18...let's rock and roll! But if I have Billy Joe Bob with his bump stock instead...that's a whole different "can open...worms...everywhere".
    Last edited by Oswald Bastable; 01-08-2023 at 03:40 AM.
    If we refuse to rule ourselves with reason, then we shall be ruled by our passions.

He, Who Will Not Reason, Is a Bigot; He, Who Cannot, Is a Fool; and He, Who Dares Not, Is a Slave. -Sir William Drummond

Yes, but a full auto designed weapon is quite different than one made simulacrum full auto via some form of add on. I'm sure there have been many full autos that can be controllable with use and familiarity, but that's a far cry from, say, throwing the old shoe string on your AR and being expected to put directive fire on a target.

Given few of us can afford a true full auto, and likely not even the ammo needed to be able to learn to control a bump stock (or the like) equipped weapon...I still say it's better to be able to hit what you aim at than to lay down suppressive fire. I'm not saying there's no place for it in a fire team...just that it's far less useful in the long run. I'll still take two guys who can hit what they aim at over ten who can spray and be out of ammo in five seconds, trying to get that next mag in while they're being shot at.

Hell, I don't even care if they actually hit that popinjay shooting back, as long as they keep him from popping up to shot at me. And while that's the proper use of full auto fire, an enemy who can see all that full auto going into the ground ten feet in front of or ten feet above his position is going to quickly determine it's time to pop up and lay directed fire at me.

1Pat...if I have you on my flank with your 18...let's rock and roll! But if I have Billy Joe Bob with his bump stock instead...that's a whole different "can open...worms...everywhere".
    My friend I didn't realize you were referring to bump stocks so please excuse my lack of paying attention sometimes!

Guns Network Contributor 01/2015 Altarboy's Avatar

My son had one on a belt fed MCR. It was pretty badass. Honestly, I'm kinda glad he got rid of it.

My friend I didn't realize you were referring to bump stocks so please excuse my lack of paying attention sometimes!
    No worries mate! As a chap frequently affected by old timers...I fully understand.