Thread: Got a favorite brand of belly band holster?

Guns Network Contributor 01/2015 Altarboy's Avatar

Got a favorite brand of belly band holster?

I have a TacX and a Comfortac, but they both seem like they are 85% of what I want. When I look on yt, I get as many opinions as there are belly bands.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Don't use a belly band holster. I carry a Taurus 905 with 2" barrel and carry it in a small, nylon holster I picked up at WallyWorld that I wear on my belt. I have a leather holster coming in tomorrow that I'll switch to. When I carry in church (I'm church security) I, sometimes, switch to a horizontal hold shoulder holster and carry a Taurus 605 in that.

I guess when summer comes, I may have to switch to an IWB holster, but I'm not looking forward to that.

I'll follow this thread and look at the ones mentioned here for ideas on what to look for.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Well I solved this issue. I bought a VNSH (pronounced vanish) band holster. I really dig it. Look around and you can get them for 79.00 or so. They also have a two'fer deal.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Altarboy View Post
    Well I solved this issue. I bought a VNSH (pronounced vanish) band holster. I really dig it. Look around and you can get them for 79.00 or so. They also have a two'fer deal.
    I've ordered a S&W Equalizer and it's going to be my "summer" carry pistol, which means I'll need an IWB holster so it'll be easier to conceal. I'll check into the VNSH holster and see what it is. Thanks.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

As for IWB, I have a leather Muddy River Tactical that I love.