Thread: ATF testimony admits many unregistered machine guns allowed by ruling

Team GunsNet Gold 07/2012 / Super Moderator Gunreference1's Avatar

Post ATF testimony admits many unregistered machine guns allowed by ruling

David Codrea
    Gun Rights Examiner

ATF testimony admits many unregistered machine guns allowed by ruling

November 16th, 2010 11:04 am ET

Testimony in the case of US v ONE HISTORIC ARMS MACHINE GUN revealed there are untold numbers of unregistered machine guns currently owned by Americans that the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives not only knows about, but actually created the conditions whereby this situation exists.

Mike Vanderboegh explains at Sipsey Street Irregulars:

Let me draw your attention to the sworn testimony of one Richard Vasquez, ATF Assistant Chief, Firearms Technology Branch… from a deposition on 10 September 2009…

To read the rest of the story click on the link below.

http://www.examiner.com/gun-rights-i...owed-by-ruling

Steve
    After today, it's all historical.

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    That is an amazing loophole. So the SM10 and SM11A1 pistols and the SAC carbine built before a specific date need not be registered, but one built a day later must be?!?!?!?!

That is almost as stupid as saying a rifle with 10 imported parts is ok, but with 11 imported parts isn't!

I still am trying to find the loophole in "THE RIGHT OF THE PEOPLE TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED", but I can't!

manufactured or assembled before June, 21, 1982
    So if I build one before this date, there's no need to worry about the registry.
    Is the date engraved on them? I'll have to go look at one and see.....
    The 2nd Amendment : Washington didn't use his right to free speech to defeat the British, he shot them.

This is about the open bolt semi auto MAC 10's right? I've seen these at gun shows going for a hefty price as they have their own collector value having been grandfathered.

I wonder if ATF will correct this situation by declaring them contraband and confiscating them.
    US Constitution: Article 1 Section 8 Paragraph 4

The Congress shall have Power To establish an uniform Rule of Naturalization

Team GunsNet Gold 07/2012 / Super Moderator Gunreference1's Avatar

David Codrea
    Gun Rights Examiner

Why did NFATCA president forward claimant email about legal case to ATF?

December 5th, 2010 2:47 pm ET

A recent release of documents in the case of U.S. v One Historic Arms Model 54RCCS “7.62 X 54 R Caliber Machinegun, Serial No. V1 (See “Arrested development in Georgia gun case”) raises troubling questions about information being provided by National Firearms Act Trade & Collectors Association president John Brown to the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF).

Len Savage, president of Historic Arms LLC, and claimant in the “arrested gun” case, sent an email to Brown and another board member on April 18 of last year, believing their observation of his case would be “an opportunity for NFATCA to get some real insight on prosecution side of ATF and of effect the testing procedures play.” He was not asking for the group’s assistance with his case, but making an offer he thought would be helpful to the group’s efforts and interests. Two days later, Brown forwarded that email to Richard Vasquez, Assistant Chief of the ATF’s Firearms Technology Branch, where it came to the cognizance of Harry R. Foster III, Chief Counsel for the Atlanta Field Office. (See accompanying photo.)

To read the rest of the story click the link below.

http://www.examiner.com/gun-rights-i...laimant-to-atf

Steve
    After today, it's all historical.