Thread: Sound off: HOW is the WEATHER where you're at? March 2023 Edition

Sound off: HOW is the WEATHER where you're at? March 2023 Edition

Well we're in for a 13th Atmospheric River storm in CA. hahahaha. We got hit by a tornado in Los Angeles. CA deserves it. I'm okay, my place is on higher ground and I'm NOT near a river.

Curious. What's the weather where you're at? We're getting whallopped with SNOW. CA is on record to beat the 1953 snowfall record, and L.A. already beat their 1883 rainfall record. Just so y'all know, I hope no one is in any dangerous spots in the country. Good luck to you all

Balmy...mid 40s...bit of rain now and then, bit of snow that mostly melts when it hits the ground...moving into full spring here.

You have to realize Tank...God's judgement is coming down on you...or it's globular warmin's...or space aliens...or cyclical weather patterns...or something...
    If we refuse to rule ourselves with reason, then we shall be ruled by our passions.

He, Who Will Not Reason, Is a Bigot; He, Who Cannot, Is a Fool; and He, Who Dares Not, Is a Slave. -Sir William Drummond

There are some things I will not abide within my sight!

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Near 70's here today. Gonna be in the 60's-70's for the next 5-6 days. Had a very mild winter. Just a dusting of snow one day. Temps were in the 20's-30's most of the time during the winter.

Starting to warm up to spring temps now. Just planted a lot of roses and can't wait for them to bloom. As of today, I have 88 rose bushes now. Planning on getting about 6 more to add to the yard soon.

Getting rain about once a week, but nothing horrendous....just a good soaking.

Can't complain about the weather, here, at all.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

70 and cloudy with a few inches of rain expected over the next few days.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Central Indiana seems to be getting a toned down version of commiefornia rain. They are predicting up to 4 inches or more by Saturday. So far March has been more like the fabled April for it's continued showers.

As for the past winter, February tied a record for having almost no measurable snow all month. Temperatures have been nicely fighting "global warming" by being colder than normal. We have had a few days even this month where the day's high was lower than our average low.

As for California (I'm trying to be nice), the last few years they were complaining about lack of rain. God has a sense of humor, now Cali is getting record rainfall with most basins refilling nicely. Unfortunately many areas can't handle the rainfall and are flooding. Be careful what you wish for.

Makes me wonder if all the rain in California is a precursor to the big earthquake splitting them into a new island nation? There have been some really big earthquakes around the world lately.

Quote Originally Posted by imanaknut View Post
    Central Indiana seems to be getting a toned down version of commiefornia rain. They are predicting up to 4 inches or more by Saturday. So far March has been more like the fabled April for it's continued showers.

As for the past winter, February tied a record for having almost no measurable snow all month. Temperatures have been nicely fighting "global warming" by being colder than normal. We have had a few days even this month where the day's high was lower than our average low.

As for California (I'm trying to be nice), the last few years they were complaining about lack of rain. God has a sense of humor, now Cali is getting record rainfall with most basins refilling nicely. Unfortunately many areas can't handle the rainfall and are flooding. Be careful what you wish for.

Makes me wonder if all the rain in California is a precursor to the big earthquake splitting them into a new island nation? There have been some really big earthquakes around the world lately.
    God does answer prayers.

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Freedom isn't free.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Sideways snow with 40mph winds today. Spring time in the high desert is amazing.

St. Louis hit 68 early this afternoon but has since fallen back to 45 at this time. Rain has fallen heavily enough around 9 p.m. to disrupt satellite TV service. It has since let up but more heavy rains are forecast with "flood watches" covering the southern halves of both MO and IL. Forecasters are predicting these storms to continue through 2-3 a.m. and more scattered storms into Saturday with Friday's high only about 50.
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Pretty wet here again just after drying out
    I'm sure not complaining after seeing this.

For peace of mind, resign as general manager of the universe

LOL...everything mild and milquetoast until yesterday...then 13.5" of snow.

Too fuckin' funny...CC and I visited an antique mall Friday. Weather was gorgeous, high 40's....I was thinking if it was as nice the next day we might have a fire in our fire pit....BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Silly human...you get 13 inches of snow that will be gone in 3 days...fuck you...no fire for you!!!

But...that's 'scansin....don't like the weather, wait five minutes...
    If we refuse to rule ourselves with reason, then we shall be ruled by our passions.

He, Who Will Not Reason, Is a Bigot; He, Who Cannot, Is a Fool; and He, Who Dares Not, Is a Slave. -Sir William Drummond

There are some things I will not abide within my sight!

Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2015 davepool's Avatar

we're getting the left-overs from the storms in calif.; some unusual snow up north and some nice rain down here in the valley

Well the California storms have also given the gift of tons of snow into UTAH and COLORADO. This is great news since they feed the COLORADO RIVER. Utah had an avalanche because of the higher than expect snow pack. CA i know will get some epic avalanches coming up if we get an more snow (which they're predicting starting TONIGHT and for the next few days).

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/0baLaiCb4bA

Sorry guys, I'd embed the video but YOUTUBE now blocks embedding of some of it's videos on this group. Wonder why....

Quote Originally Posted by tank_monkey View Post
    Well the California storms have also given the gift of tons of snow into UTAH and COLORADO. This is great news since they feed the COLORADO RIVER. Utah had an avalanche because of the higher than expect snow pack. CA i know will get some epic avalanches coming up if we get an more snow (which they're predicting starting TONIGHT and for the next few days).

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/0baLaiCb4bA

Sorry guys, I'd embed the video but YOUTUBE now blocks embedding of some of it's videos on this group. Wonder why....
    Sounds like Elon needs to buy Youtube, too.

Freedom isn't free.