Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tucker gone from Fox?

Team GunsNet Silver 04/2015 Nobeard's Avatar

Tucker gone from Fox?

Just heard it on Glenn Beck's radio program, not at the computer so no other details.

Eh, wouldn't surprise me.

He could probably garner nearly as large an audience via podcast, ala Joe Rogan...

Personally, I haven't watched Fox since back in the days when Bill O'reilly kept spouting on about how you could get rocket launchers at gun shows. I knew they were deep state then.

I've never actually watched Tucker...because he was on Fox. I seek less "tainted" sources for information.
    If we refuse to rule ourselves with reason, then we shall be ruled by our passions.

He, Who Will Not Reason, Is a Bigot; He, Who Cannot, Is a Fool; and He, Who Dares Not, Is a Slave. -Sir William Drummond

There are some things I will not abide within my sight!

The network said in a press release that the last program of “Tucker Carlson Tonight” aired Friday.
    https://www.kktv.com/2023/04/24/tuck...work-confirms/
    There was no immediate explanation from Fox about why Carlson was leaving.
    In other news

AOC Calls Out Fox News, Tucker Carlson for ‘Incitement of Violence’
    https://www.rollingstone.com/politic...ce-1234722133/
    “I believe that when it comes to broadcast television, like Fox News, these are subject to federal law, federal regulation in terms of what’s allowed on air and what isn’t,” the congresswoman said. “When you look at what Tucker Carlson and some of these other folks on Fox do, it is very, very clearly incitement of violence — very clearly incitement of violence. And that is the line that we have to be willing to contend with.”
    For peace of mind, resign as general manager of the universe

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Full Otto View Post
    The network said in a press release that the last program of “Tucker Carlson Tonight” aired Friday.
    https://www.kktv.com/2023/04/24/tuck...work-confirms/
    There was no immediate explanation from Fox about why Carlson was leaving.
    In other news

AOC Calls Out Fox News, Tucker Carlson for ‘Incitement of Violence’
    https://www.rollingstone.com/politic...ce-1234722133/
    “I believe that when it comes to broadcast television, like Fox News, these are subject to federal law, federal regulation in terms of what’s allowed on air and what isn’t,” the congresswoman said. “When you look at what Tucker Carlson and some of these other folks on Fox do, it is very, very clearly incitement of violence — very clearly incitement of violence. And that is the line that we have to be willing to contend with.”
    Damn. She really makes the most of her 3rd grade education.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Quote Originally Posted by Oswald Bastable View Post
    Eh, wouldn't surprise me.

He could probably garner nearly as large an audience via podcast, ala Joe Rogan...

Personally, I haven't watched Fox since back in the days when Bill O'reilly kept spouting on about how you could get rocket launchers at gun shows. I knew they were deep state then.

I've never actually watched Tucker...because he was on Fox. I seek less "tainted" sources for information.
    Tucker was rock solid conservative. Next thing you know they'll be getting rid of Greg Gutfeld and have their ratings collapse.

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Even Fox News doesn't like their talking heads peaking their mind and not spouting company line.

Their stocks way down now too. Wonder where Tucker will end up.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Team GunsNet Gold 07/2012 / Super Moderator Gunreference1's Avatar

Order to Get Rid of Tucker Carlson Came Directly from Highest Level at Fox News: Report

https://www.westernjournal.com/order...estern-journal

Steve
    After today, it's all historical.

Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    Damn. She really makes the most of her 3rd grade education.
    She got that far??
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Quote Originally Posted by JTHunter View Post
    She got that far??
    Took her 5 years to get there, but, yes, she got that far.

p.s. She was her mom's only child to make it that far in school. That was a proud day for her mom.

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Freedom isn't free.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Quote Originally Posted by 5.56NATO View Post
    Their stocks way down now too. Wonder where Tucker will end up.
    Former Fox News Host Offers Tucker Carlson a Job: 'The Two of Us Will Tear It Up'

https://www.westernjournal.com/forme...estern-journal

Steve

He would be a great addition to The Blaze Network.

Freedom isn't free.

OANN CEO offers Tucker 25 Mil. to join: https://www.independentsentinel.com/...-to-join-oann/
    If we refuse to rule ourselves with reason, then we shall be ruled by our passions.

He, Who Will Not Reason, Is a Bigot; He, Who Cannot, Is a Fool; and He, Who Dares Not, Is a Slave. -Sir William Drummond

There are some things I will not abide within my sight!

Tucker Carlson's Faith in God May Have Led to Fox News Ouster, Bombshell New Report Finds

https://www.westernjournal.com/tucke...estern-journal

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Gunreference1 View Post
    Tucker Carlson's Faith in God May Have Led to Fox News Ouster, Bombshell New Report Finds

https://www.westernjournal.com/tucke...estern-journal

Steve
    It's pretty clear we are in a battle between good and evil. Everything the democrats stand for in society is perverted and sick.

BREAKING: Fox News Gets Bad News, Loses Nearly $1 Billion After ‘Parting Ways’ With Tucker Carlson

https://www.sarahpalin.com/2023/6865...e-dEdngYir1XiQ

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Gunreference1 View Post
    BREAKING: Fox News Gets Bad News, Loses Nearly $1 Billion After ‘Parting Ways’ With Tucker Carlson

https://www.sarahpalin.com/2023/6865...e-dEdngYir1XiQ

Steve
    Awwww. That's a real shame. Well, things are looking up for them, though. Pretty soon they'll be rubbing elbows with CNN at the bottom of the ratings barrel.

Freedom isn't free.

Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2011 weevil's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 1 Patriot-of-many View Post
    It's pretty clear we are in a battle between good and evil. Everything the democrats stand for in society is perverted and sick.

^^^^^
    THIS!!!!

.....in spades!
    Where are we going and why are we in this handbasket???

Quote Originally Posted by 1 Patriot-of-many View Post
    As I've said before, the Commucrat Party is possessed and run by demons. There's no other explanation for the hatred and evil they support.

Freedom isn't free.

Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    As I've said before, the Commucrat Party is possessed and run by demons. There's no other explanation for the hatred and evil they support.
    Agree 100%.

Here's the plan for Tucker. Keep him off the air through his 2024 contract. Now it all makes sense. Fucking Fox has gone leftist. https://www.westernjournal.com/tucke...estern-journal

A new report claims Fox News might refuse to release Tucker Carlson from his contract in a decision that could sideline the former primetime superstar until one month after the 2024 presidential election.

Matthew Boyle with Breitbart News published a lengthy piece late on Thursday that cited multiple current and former Fox News employees as sources who spoke about the state of the network.

Each person was granted anonymity to talk about the network, which is now not only without Carlson but also without former weekend ratings draw Dan Bongino, who left the company last week.

Boyle reported Fox News made attempts to keep Bongino, who was hesitant to continue doing a weekend show as he found working six days a week to be taxing.

Carlson, meanwhile, was canceled on Monday but due to the terms of his contract, he is technically a dormant Fox News employee for the next 18 or so months.

Former Fox News host Megyn Kelly touched on that a bit on her radio show earlier this week.

“Tucker Carlson hasn’t actually been fired,” Kelly said. “He’s still an employee of the Fox News Channel.”

Kelly concluded the two parties will have to negotiate Carlson’s exit, but until Fox News negotiates an end to his contract, he is effectively stuck in neutral.

Compounding matters, Carlson might be in neutral for some time, which would obviously leave conservatives without his voice through a coming election cycle that will decide the fate of the country for four years and beyond.

Boyle reported, “Carlson’s current contract runs through December 2024, and as of now three sources familiar with the matter told Breitbart News that executives at the network are trying to keep Carlson on contract and not release him until after the 2024 election.”

Whether Fox News intends to work quickly to resolve Carlson’s contract remains to be seen.

The network is already without his biting critiques of Democrats and establishment Republicans and people are tuning out in droves.
    Related:

A source told Boyle the Murdoch family expects to weather the storm.

“The election is coming up next year, and they think they’re going to get their viewers back anyway because there’s nowhere else to go,” the person said.

Boyle’s sources ultimately claimed the network’s ownership is pleased Carlson and Bongino are both gone because they were unable to be controlled as the network plans to go in a different editorial direction – one that veers coverage more to the center.

Sources said Carlson and Bongino were both specifically targeted because they were viewed by upper management as the least likely people to bend the knee to Fox Corp. chair Rupert Murdoch, who founded Fox News in 1996, or his sons James and Lachlan.

A source said to be close to the network said Bongino and Carlson “were considered the two most likely to say ‘f*** you’ to management.”

The person said Bongino “gave zero f***s, and Tucker gave even less f***s.”

Meanwhile, another source said the Murdochs want Fox News to pivot its coverage away from criticism of people such as Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell and other political elites that are friends with or acquaintances of the family.

As one network source put it, the family wants future coverage “dumbed down.”

“Dumbed down” Fox News coverage would be hard to pull off with Carlson in the lineup, as his show went in directions others on the network would not.

Many of Carlson’s millions of fans are of course eager to hear what his next move might be and he has reportedly hired one of the best attorneys in the business to negotiate his exit.

But according to Boyle’s reporting, Fox News might keep him on the sidelines until after the country chooses who will occupy the White House next November.

Boyle reported, “As of right now, the plan remains the same: pay out Carlson’s contract and keep him on the sidelines through the 2024 elections.”

Per the report, Carlson could be kept from making any major moves that would allow him to challenge his former network until after the next election – a time when the Murdochs believe they will have rebounded from the backlash of canceling his show.

In the meantime, Fox News reportedly hopes to lean on its current roster, which is made up of people who generally avoid rocking the boat.
    Last edited by 1 Patriot-of-many; 04-28-2023 at 09:03 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast