Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Help, I just had a pistol pointed at myself and Mother..Need quick advise, Please.

Angry Help, I just had a pistol pointed at myself and Mother..Need quick advise, Please.

Hi, My former username was Rorschach TesT, member since 1999. In case any of you remember me..

Anyway here is my situation. My Great Uncle moved from TX to VA and built a house right next to mine, 30yds away. OK, so he was downstairs in My home talking to my grandfather who is living here with me. He was saying that I cut the gas lines on his Tiller to steal gas out of it. So, the story with that is My Dad bought the gas and was using the tiller about 6 months ago and 6 months ago Dad asked me to go siffon the gas which he bought out of the tiller because he ran out in my 4-wheeler and needed some to get it home.. So I just pulled the fuel line off the carb and let it drain into a jug.

So after overhearing him talking shit about me I went downstairs and politely told him What happend with the gas. He then started cussing me out. So I said go drink you some more liquor you old bastard and walked off... He takes Massive amounts of painkillers and all other types of prescriptions and drinks liquor heavily on top of it all.

Ok, So I then walk outside and got into the passenger side of truck with my Mom, we were leaving to go pick up my sister from school.. So then my Uncle walks outside still cussing me out, so I flipped him the bird. He walks over to my side of truck and pulls out a little small pistol, I said is that a pistol there buddy? He then points it straight at me and my Mother and said YES IT IS!!! YOU WANT SOME OF IT!!?

So I told him I was calling the police to have fun being a felon, he starts laughing. I told Mom to just pull out and leave so we did..

What do you guys think I should do over this, He has his CCW and many pistols. Would it be a felony charge for what he did, what would be the charge? Brandishing, attempted murder or what??

Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2012 videodon's Avatar

...it's not a good thing, that's for sure.
    The guy needs some help.
    You could save his or someone's life by calling attention.
    I'm glad nobody was hurt.
    ...oh, and WELCOME!!! Abakan!
    видеодон

I'm glad no one was hurt. I am amazed how much trouble a middle finger can cause. Just sayin'.
    "Woe to you, Oh Earth and Sea, for the Devil sends the beast with wrath, because he knows the time is short...
    Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast for it is a human number,
    its number is Six hundred and sixty six."

Iron Maiden

It would probably be brandishing and assault.

Disturbing the peace, Drunk and disorderly might also apply. I''m sure the local DA could come up with others.

Most likely he would lose his CCW, be fined, and assuming no other past problems be put on probation.

It would be fairly easy to have this be a felony charge.

My advice is to call the police and make a report.

I advise this because I do not care in the least about your uncle, but a drunk with a gun, who is willing to pull it over something so trivial is a danger to society.

So as far as I'm concerned, I would like for him to get the clue to change his ways.

From your point of view, if I cared for the man I would sleep on it and have a rather stern talk with him when he isn't drinking and make sure that happens in the very near future

Worst case scenario he could be charged with brandishing a firearm. At this point anything you do would only further escalate the situation. Since he lives besides you, you will have to come to some sort of agreement unless he is just too difficult to deal with and in that case then you just have to play it as it unfolds. Go file a report if you mother will collaborate the story and sign with you.

If you think you may have to defend yourself against him in the future you NEED a police report on this incident! I don't think I need to go into why.
    US Constitution: Article 1 Section 8 Paragraph 4

The Congress shall have Power To establish an uniform Rule of Naturalization

Guns Network Lifetime Membership 01/2011 old Grump's Avatar

A little hut in the woods near Blue River Wisconsin
    And you haven't called the police already because why? This guy needs help and he needs to be disarmed, talking to us isn't going to help.

Roman Catholic, Life Member of American Legion, VFW, Wisconsin Libertarian party, Wi-FORCE, WGO, NRA, JPFO, GOA, SAF and CCRKBA

"THE STATE THAT SEPARATES ITS SCHOLARS FROM IT WARRIORS WILL HAVE ITS THINKING DONE BY COWARDS AND ITS FIGHTING DONE BY FOOLS"

THUCYDIDES.

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

You have a family member living next door with a drug and alcohol problem. You don't know when to keep quiet and instead egg on a drunk who's mad. Instead of buying what, a 1/2 gallon of gas your dad tells you to go get what's left in the tiller. In my family I'd have not only bought gas but returned it full. There are way too many issues and side problems going on than you're gonna get answers to on the internet.

The short answer is what you do if a total stranger pulled a gun on you? The same applies here.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Call the law . Dont dick around next time he might use it .

A friend of mine had this big crazy sumbitch stalking him and he was downtown and this monster come down the street yelling he was gonna kill him and my friend reached in the window of his car and got in the glove box and grabbed his 38 and pointed at the guy and said you better back off....the guy hauled ass straight to the police station and reported him....my friend got 1yr in Jackson State Prison for pulling the pistol.

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Oh, I just have to ask, how old are you? Even if your not a minor this happened on your parents property and you mother was a victim, what's she doing about it or for that matter what's your dad doing, I'm guessing nothing right?
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Simmons View Post
    You have a family member living next door with a drug and alcohol problem. You don't know when to keep quiet and instead egg on a drunk who's mad. Instead of buying what, a 1/2 gallon of gas your dad tells you to go get what's left in the tiller. In my family I'd have not only bought gas but returned it full. There are way too many issues and side problems going on than you're gonna get answers to on the internet.

The short answer is what you do if a total stranger pulled a gun on you? The same applies here.
    The Gas in the tiller was purchased by my Dad, it was his gas. So, no reason to return it full....

Quote Originally Posted by Abakan View Post
    The Gas in the tiller was purchased by my Dad, it was his gas. So, no reason to return it full....
    Yes most people that borrow a car or gas operated tool from a friend or family member they return it full ...Because its the polite thing to do .

I am 28 years old. Myself and family, including my 12yr old Sister, Moved in here with my Elderly Grandfather who is very sick to help take care of him. It's a large home so I basically have half of the house to myself. I take care of my Grandfather and maintain the property.

My Great Uncle (Grandfathers Brother) in question is 77 years old, I think.

My Family and I have talked it over with all of my other family and THEY think the best thing to do is wait until tomorrow and have my Granny have a talk with the uncle first before Mom and I have him arrested. If I had my way I would have called Police immediately after he pointed the gun at my Mother and I.

Regardless, after they have their talk or whatever. I WILL still have him arrested. I can't take chances with a nut pointing pistols at myself and family, especially with my 12yr old Sister.

I have no feelings at all for the bastard, this is not the only incident we've had with him, this is just the first time he has actually pulled the gun on us.

Where he stays doped up all the time and elderly, dementia. He will lose or misplace things and instead of looking for them he automatically blames me for stealing.. There have been several times he has labeled me a thief and then I will go out and find the things, give them back to him and never receive any sort of apology.

Today was the very last straw. I can't take the chance of my family being killed. Tomorrow I will have charges filed against him. And hopefully they will be Felony so that they will revoke his CCW and he won't have access to any firearms. A man that will so easily with no reason pull a gun and point it at myself and mother has no business at all owning firearms.

Moderator & Team GunsNet SILVER 11/2010 Tx Dogblaster's Avatar

Call the cops and deal with it or don't... You know what should be done if the facts are clear. Why are you asking us? This whole thing smells of some whacked out family issues to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by abpt1 View Post
    Yes most people that borrow a car or gas operated tool from a friend or family member they return it full ...Because its the polite thing to do .
    Yes, I agree with that, However the gas belonged to my father. He didnt borrow it he just retrieved HIS OWN gas. So, no in this case there was no reason whatsoever to return OUR OWN gas!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tx Dogblaster View Post
    Call the cops and deal with it or don't... You know what should be done if the facts are clear. Why are you asking us? This whole thing smells of some whacked out family issues to begin with.
    I was just venting on here about my problems, I thought that is what General discussion is for, at least it used to.. Sorry if I inconvienced you.

Glad no one was hurt... CALL THE COPS! MAKE A REPORT!

Nothing will likely come of it... but if your drunkass uncle pulls this crap again and you have to shoot him to protect yourself and your loved ones, there's a prior history of him brandishing a weapon and will help support you in court if you have to shoot/kill him in self defense.

No attempted murder charges... brandishing and threats at the most. You might also want to invest in an inexpensive digital recorder to record sound for future encounters. Does your cell phone have the capability to take video? Best to know how to use that feature too!

BTW, Welcome back

Iron Pumping Bastard aliceinchains's Avatar

There is no excuse to point a firearm at someone loaded or unloaded for the reason you stated and i don't care how fucked up your great uncle was.

Point is next time he might pull the trigger. I would have drove to the police station after that bullshit. Don't be so naive.
    I am sitting in my angry chair!

He is gonna be really bat shit crazy pissed off after you call the po po on him.....he prolly got guns stashed all over the place.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast