Thread: HK p7

HK p7

Do any of you guys have one or has anyone here ever shot one...?
    Is it a good pistol to add to the collection?

Last edited by chiak47; 07-22-2010 at 12:35 PM.
    FBHO

A very good pistol that can be found a decent prices now. I think if you can get one do so, most who have them consider them amongst the best pistols ever made. A lawyer friend of mine carries one.

I've got a P7M8. It is one of my favorite pistols to shoot. Very accurate. It is most definately something to add to your collection, it is very unique.

Here is a picture of mine in its box:

Is that button in the back the slide stop?

ADMIN | LOGIC POLICE RJ Shooter's Avatar

Ready, that's the slide removal button. The slide stop is released by simply squeezing the squeeze cocker...

Chiak, P7s are an incredible pistol. Once you get used to having to squeeze the gun to cock it, it's a wonderful and accurate 9mm.
    The Guns Network | Often Imitated - Never Duplicated!
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Actually, the slide catch lever is located behind the trigger on the left side. You can see it in both pictures if you look closely. It is just above the magazine release on the P7M8. To lock the slide back w/o an empty magazine, you push the lever towards the rear of the pistol. To release the slide catch lever, you sqeeze the cocker as RJ Shooter said.

Moderator & Team Gunsnet SILVER 01/2011 AKTexas's Avatar

Supposedly the best pistol HK ever made.This would be the one and only HK I'd be willing to own.CDNN had them at one time for under 1k and I have seen one in a gunshop for 750 with box etc.
    NRA, TSRA, GUN OWNERS OF AMERICA
    BEING THE MODERATOR OF THE ROADHOUSE IS LIKE BEING THE JANITOR OF A PEEP SHOW.

I've got one of the PSPs, I like it mainly because of the uniqueness. The mag release being on the bottom of the grip sorta sucks and they sure get hot after you run a few mags through them.

Quote Originally Posted by gungorilla View Post
    I've got one of the PSPs, I like it mainly because of the uniqueness. The mag release being on the bottom of the grip sorta sucks and they sure get hot after you run a few mags through them.
    Gas operation has it's drawback...

Quote Originally Posted by mriddick View Post
    Gas operation has it's drawback...
    What design doesn't?

The older I get the more sure I become that the Holy Grail of firearms doesn't exist.

I have Two P7M8's. They certainly one of the best handguns ever made.. I wouldn't prefer the design for a combat gun but I do carry mine regularly for concealed carry. They heat up pretty quickly but I don't think that is such a big deal as I usually only carry one or two extra mags with me.

Forum Administrator Prometheus168's Avatar

The chosen pistol of Hans Greuber

GIG'EM AGGIES!
    Lieutenant of Correctional Officers- Texas Dept. Of Criminal Justice.
    Firefighter- Calvert Fire Department

Formerly know as Prometheus606

The P7 is actually gas operated something pretty rare in pistols, most are recoil operated or blow back. The Desert Eagle magnums would be another pistol using a gas operated system but there are few others. In the P7 the gas from firing is bled off and used to hold action closed which is very different from other gas operated systems let alone the myriad of recoil and blowback operated pistols.
    Last edited by mriddick; 07-25-2010 at 03:34 PM.

Awesome pistol.

I don't know about it being HK's best.....that's a matter of opinion/taste and hand size.

But a very unique/clever design and a pure joy to shoot.

Mind you there are plenty of different variants that have been made over the years, there really is no standard P7, per-say