Thread: Whats my .308 PSL worth?

Whats my .308 PSL worth?

anybody got any idea what i could ask for my romak3 in .308 with custom mags and stock? i want to get a good .308 AR but must sell something first and this seems to be the most valuable rifle i own at the time.
    FATE It protects Fools,Small children and ships named Enterprise.

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Question

What mags does it use and are they modified to the gun or is the gun modified to those mags?
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

DeadPool
    I've heard not so good things about the .308 AR's. Not a jamming issue but parts breaking and other things like that. It was in an article of guns and ammo a few years ago. Maybe they fixed those by now. I would research it before i got rid of a sweet gun like that, you know that thing aint gonna break.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Simmons View Post
    What mags does it use and are they modified to the gun or is the gun modified to those mags?
    it uses proprietary thermoplastic mags,i still have the original.i modded 2 galil mags that work flawlessly in the gun,the only mod i did to the rifle was to smooth the bottom of the bolt carrier since it tends to rub the next round when moving back and forth(it does it with the factory mag too so i see it as more of an improvement than a mod)

Quote Originally Posted by DeadPool View Post
    I've heard not so good things about the .308 AR's. Not a jamming issue but parts breaking and other things like that. It was in an article of guns and ammo a few years ago. Maybe they fixed those by now. I would research it before i got rid of a sweet gun like that, you know that thing aint gonna break.
    i hate to sell it but with money being the way it is i have to sell to buy plus the 7.62x54r models have come down a bit,i may build one later.

Quote Originally Posted by romakdaddy View Post
    anybody got any idea what i could ask for my romak3 in .308 with custom mags and stock? i want to get a good .308 AR but must sell something first and this seems to be the most valuable rifle i own at the time.
    Asshat Arms was asking over a grand for his a while back, so you could probably use that as a yard stick by which to measure how much NOT to ask. Just my $.02...
    How do you compromise with someone when their idea of compromise is to give them what THEY want?

Thunder River Home

NRA Lifer since Apr 2009

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Quote Originally Posted by hazmat View Post
    Asshat Arms was asking over a grand for his a while back, so you could probably use that as a yard stick by which to measure how much NOT to ask. Just my $.02...
    it seems the 308 models are quite rare these days plus all the custom features ive added.....by the way i have everything needed to put it back all original.....just sayin i wouldnt ask over a grand for a stock x54 version.

how do you edit? dont see a button.i was gonna add i saw some 308 lowers that took g3 mags....cool but how do they function?

it seems the 308 models are quite rare these days plus all the custom features ive added.....by the way i have everything needed to put it back all original.....just sayin i wouldnt ask over a grand for a stock x54 version.
    With what you've done to that rifle, you could probably get away with a thousand dollar or more price tag. Now, Asshat Arms on the other hand, was asking ungodly amounts for stuff even before it went up, and would still be asking ungodly amounts now if he could get away with it. Your $1,000 rifle would go for $1800 on his price scale.
    How do you compromise with someone when their idea of compromise is to give them what THEY want?

Thunder River Home

NRA Lifer since Apr 2009

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

how do you edit? dont see a button.i was gonna add i saw some 308 lowers that took g3 mags....cool but how do they function?
    Well from what I recall they don't have a bolt hold open on last round capability. Otherwise it's about like any other AR type lower.

Quote Originally Posted by hazmat View Post
    With what you've done to that rifle, you could probably get away with a thousand dollar or more price tag. Now, Asshat Arms on the other hand, was asking ungodly amounts for stuff even before it went up, and would still be asking ungodly amounts now if he could get away with it. Your $1,000 rifle would go for $1800 on his price scale.
    I saw a x54 version with some fantastic plastic going for $2200 buy it now and thought "what kind of idiot would pay that much" then i thought "what kind of asshole thinks he can get that much" i was hovering on the hopes of getting around $1200 for mine but my ambitions may be high.

Try gun broker, just use the reserve price you don't want to go below, IMO it's the only way to really know what market value is. I will add this is the worse time to sell, you'll get 20-30% more waiting till Feb or next year. Firearm prices historically go up Feb-June, they drop Sept-Dec.