Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Canwich, Anyone?

Guns Network Lifetime Membership 01/2011 old Grump's Avatar

A little hut in the woods near Blue River Wisconsin
    Well I have made bread in a coffee can but I think I lost the recipe about a hundred years ago, It was a camping thing to do with the scouts. Somehow I think that was better than this.

Roman Catholic, Life Member of American Legion, VFW, Wisconsin Libertarian party, Wi-FORCE, WGO, NRA, JPFO, GOA, SAF and CCRKBA

"THE STATE THAT SEPARATES ITS SCHOLARS FROM IT WARRIORS WILL HAVE ITS THINKING DONE BY COWARDS AND ITS FIGHTING DONE BY FOOLS"

THUCYDIDES.

I've tried both Castleberry items..once.
    Really not what I'd eat on a regular basis.

But, in a bug out situation, taking the time to make a PB&J sandwich would be too time consuming even for a grown up to prepare. PB&J in a can and other canned products would be stowed and ready to go just for this situation.
    There's no problem an AK can't solve...........

GUNSNET Member Since 2003
    CCW Permit
    03 FFL

Senior Member sniper_n_training's Avatar

While it sounds a bit on the unbelievable side, if it were a real product, I would be up to try it

Quote Originally Posted by L1A1Rocker View Post
    Ohhhh shit man, I have opend one of those in real life when I worked at a Grocery Store.... the second it hit the table, it like... disintigrated... it looked like the alien autopsy... fucking awful
    "Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."
    -Nietzsche

"Accept the challenges, so that you may feel the exhilaration of victory."
    -George S. Patton

Team GunsNet Silver 04/2014 El Jefe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gpwasr10 View Post
    Ohhhh shit man, I have opend one of those in real life when I worked at a Grocery Store.... the second it hit the table, it like... disintigrated... it looked like the alien autopsy... fucking awful

When I worked at the grocery store, there was teh same 4 cans on the shelf for years. ONe day one of the cans was gone, I have no idea if someone actually bought it or an employeee did the same thing you did.

Moderator & Team Gunsnet Platinum 07/2011 O.S.O.K.'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gpwasr10 View Post
    I have several cans of Sweet Sue's version of this. Figured it for chicken and dumplings... or soup or chicken casarole or somethin. Not to eat like a roasted chicken or anything.... basically just canned chicken...
    ~Nemo me impune lacessit~

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12