Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Blade Tech holsters????

Team GunsNet Silver 07/2012 NewbieAKguy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by swampdragon View Post
    Are you serious?
    I'm going to the website right now then and check it out!
    Sweet tip!
    Thanks!
    As a heart attack. I tried to copy and past the actual ad but i couldn't get it to work. Enjoy!!!
    "The God who gave us life, gave us liberty at the same time; the hand of force may destroy, but cannot disjoin them. ... Can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are the gift of God? That they are not to be violated but with His wrath? Indeed I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just: that his justice cannot sleep for ever."--Thomas Jefferson

swampdragon
    Quote Originally Posted by NewbieAKguy View Post
    As a heart attack. I tried to copy and past the actual ad but i couldn't get it to work. Enjoy!!!
    I have their webite open in another tab right now.
    No mention so far of a sale.
    But I'll keep looking.
    Maybe it only shows up during checkout?

Not going to go with the thigh rig.
    I changed my mind.
    Just gonna get a standard holster with belt loop, and some tech-locks for molle2 mounting.

I have their webite open in another tab right now.
    No mention so far of a sale.
    But I'll keep looking.
    Maybe it only shows up during checkout?

Not going to go with the thigh rig.
    I changed my mind.
    Just gonna get a standard holster with belt loop, and some tech-locks for molle2 mounting.
    I think u'r right....you enter the coupon code at checkout. Only reason I got the heads up is because I signed up for their emails......they don't send out very many a month. Think this was like, only the second or third email I've gotten from them over the course of, oh I'd say 4-5 months.
    "The God who gave us life, gave us liberty at the same time; the hand of force may destroy, but cannot disjoin them. ... Can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are the gift of God? That they are not to be violated but with His wrath? Indeed I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just: that his justice cannot sleep for ever."--Thomas Jefferson

swampdragon
    I think u'r right....you enter the coupon code at checkout. Only reason I got the heads up is because I signed up for their emails......they don't send out very many a month. Think this was like, only the second or third email I've gotten from them over the course of, oh I'd say 4-5 months.
    Well, I just placed my order.
    Your code made my purchase go from $138 down to $118 instead (including shipping.)
    Thanks Bro!
    That was really cool of you!

Oh yeah...
    I meant "Molle-Loks" in my previous post, not Tech-Loks.

Well, I just placed my order.
    Your code made my purchase go from $138 down to $118 instead (including shipping.)
    Thanks Bro!
    That was really cool of you!

Oh yeah...
    I meant "Molle-Loks" in my previous post, not Tech-Loks.
    Glad to be able to help out. I post the discount codes when I get them....like I did with the 20% from 5.11 a couple months back. I used that one myself .

swampdragon
    Glad to be able to help out. I post the discount codes when I get them....like I did with the 20% from 5.11 a couple months back. I used that one myself .
    5.11 makes some nice stuff too.
    They just didn't have what I was looking for this time.
    Thank you again.
    These days, every penny saved helps.

ADMIN | LOGIC POLICE RJ Shooter's Avatar

I hate the look of just about every BladeTech holster, but they seem to be good. As for the SERPA, been using one in competitions for a year, and I'd never use any other Kydex type of holster. EVER!

But, if carrying it with a light, I'd get a drop-down leg holster in ballistic nylon. Got one of them too (in ACU), but I never have a reason to go all tactical - so it's not used... LOL!

I also have this heavyweight vest...

http://www.511tactical.com/browse/Ho...:10500/I/80001

I will say however, after watching the video you posted, I do like that model... Pretty slick.
    The Guns Network | Often Imitated - Never Duplicated!
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

swampdragon
    Quote Originally Posted by RJ Shooter View Post
    I hate the look of just about every BladeTech holster, but they seem to be good. As for the SERPA, been using one in competitions for a year, and I'd never use any other Kydex type of holster. EVER!

But, if carrying it with a light, I'd get a drop-down leg holster in ballistic nylon. Got one of them too (in ACU), but I never have a reason to go all tactical - so it's not used... LOL!

I also have this heavyweight vest...

http://www.511tactical.com/browse/Ho...:10500/I/80001

I will say however, after watching the video you posted, I do like that model... Pretty slick.
    I already have this nylon Black Hawk holster for my pistol with a light on it.

Couldn't fins a SERPA that fit my gun/light combo.
    They want you to buy their Black Hawk tac light instead.
    Don't want that.

I went with Blade Tech because it fit what I was looking for, and I wanted kydex.

ADMIN | LOGIC POLICE RJ Shooter's Avatar

I think that's the BlackHawk I have as well. I don't think I have a mag pouch on the front though, and only one leg strap. Never use the thing...

My little brother used it for his FNP-45 last weekend. I've still never used it though...

The Guns Network | Often Imitated - Never Duplicated!
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

swampdragon
    Quote Originally Posted by RJ Shooter View Post
    I think that's the BlackHawk I have as well. I don't think I have a mag pouch on the front though, and only one leg strap. Never use the thing...

My little brother used it for his FNP-45 last weekend. I've still never used it though...

That looks really similar.
    They have a couple different models.

Drop holsters are a compromise for guys wearing plates.

Anywho, I run BladeTech and Safariland. Good gear.
    Dave Merrill (aka,'Dave M' on other forums)
    Instructor for MilCopp Tactical LLC.

Guerrilla Gunsmith
    Rifle first. Rifle last. Rifle always.

swampdragon
    Quote Originally Posted by DavePAL84 View Post
    Drop holsters are a compromise for guys wearing plates.

Anywho, I run BladeTech and Safariland. Good gear.
    That's one of the things I like about Blade Tech.
    Even their standard belt holsters have a drop with an offset that angle them out a little to clear body armor....Or a really thick winter coat too.
    Pretty cool. (I guess?)
    This will be my first one.

Moderator & Team Gunsnet SILVER 01/2011 AKTexas's Avatar

Swampy did you get your new bladetech yet?
    NRA, TSRA, GUN OWNERS OF AMERICA
    BEING THE MODERATOR OF THE ROADHOUSE IS LIKE BEING THE JANITOR OF A PEEP SHOW.

swampdragon
    Quote Originally Posted by AKTexas View Post
    Swampy did you get your new bladetech yet?
    Yes, quite a while ago now.

I use a bladetech for my CCW/glock 19 for about a year now. IWB, but its awesome. Great holster for a great price.

swampdragon
    Quote Originally Posted by ubersoldate View Post
    I use a bladetech for my CCW/glock 19 for about a year now. IWB, but its awesome. Great holster for a great price.
    I have my HK USP45 in mine.
    I kept running into a BIG problem with nylon holsters.
    My pistol has a Streamlight TLR1s light on it.
    When carrying it in a nylon holster, you could bump the holster against something and the light would come on when you didn't want it to.
    NOT GOOD!

The Blade Tech is stiff and sturdy.
    I've banged it around on purpose multiple times now to test it.
    So far, so good.
    The light stays off until I draw the pistol and turn it on myself on purpose.
    This is great, and how it should be.

Moderator & Team Gunsnet SILVER 01/2011 AKTexas's Avatar

Good to hear you got your holster.My second Blade Tech is on the way for the G21 with M3 light.

I carry my G23 IWB for the most part,this new one will be for the night walks.
    NRA, TSRA, GUN OWNERS OF AMERICA
    BEING THE MODERATOR OF THE ROADHOUSE IS LIKE BEING THE JANITOR OF A PEEP SHOW.

Blade tech is awesome. I've had a M9 with M3 light model for a few years now. I also bought the extender that drops the pistol a few inches and cants the grip outwards. It really comes in handy when wearing cumbersome body armor.

swampdragon
    Quote Originally Posted by Bettendorf View Post
    Blade tech is awesome. I've had a M9 with M3 light model for a few years now. I also bought the extender that drops the pistol a few inches and cants the grip outwards. It really comes in handy when wearing cumbersome body armor.
    That's how mine is.
    It has the drop and off-set too like yours.
    It works great on a belt.
    However, I'm still looking for solutions to mount it on a molle belt/vest while still maintaining the slight drop.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12