Thread: America's first biometric 'smart gun' is finally here. Will it work?

Team GunsNet Gold 07/2012 / Super Moderator Gunreference1's Avatar

Post America's first biometric 'smart gun' is finally here. Will it work?

After today, it's all historical.

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Probably as well as the current generation of "self-driving" automobiles.

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Battery life expected to last a few months.........Yeah That's what I want, to remember if I replaced the batteries recently when I need it. This is an idealistic idea but I bet no one in the gov't being protected by others will be using it or having their body guards using it.

Team GunsNet Silver 04/2015 Nobeard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 1 Patriot-of-many View Post
    I bet no one in the gov't being protected by others will be using it or having their body guards using it.
    I can do you one...
    No wait!
    I can do TWO better than that...

If it's truly a 'Smart Gun' with complex electronics?

1. Imagine trying to 'reboot' your pistol at the critical moment it's needed and there's an error message.
    (brings a whole new meaning to the 'blue screen of death' from micro-sloth windows programs)

2. Anyone think there won't be a built in 'kill switch' that can be remotely activated?
    Cops or Feds roll into an area and the 5G tower sends out a signal that 'deactivates' the firing system on all weapons without the approved authorization code.
    It'll be 'bricked' just like an outdated iPhone.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobeard View Post
    I can do you one...
    No wait!
    I can do TWO better than that...

If it's truly a 'Smart Gun' with complex electronics?

1. Imagine trying to 'reboot' your pistol at the critical moment it's needed and there's an error message.
    (brings a whole new meaning to the 'blue screen of death' from micro-sloth windows programs)

2. Anyone think there won't be a built in 'kill switch' that can be remotely activated?
    Cops or Feds roll into an area and the 5G tower sends out a signal that 'deactivates' the firing system on all weapons without the approved authorization code.
    It'll be 'bricked' just like an outdated iPhone.
    Then the people that thought it was "smart" to get a "smart gun" will find out that "you can't fix stupid".
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”