Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Baltimore Bridge Collapse...

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Oswald, you are very probably right about this being designed and planned.

More evidence here:

https://www.theblaze.com/shows/pat-g...0PM&tpcc=email
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2011 weevil's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JTHunter View Post
    Taking out a bridge like the Key bridge, while locally disrupting, it would not cause the desired "panic effect" these terrorists seek.

Wouldn't you want to take out some sort of target that would have a lot of casualties and put the fear of Allah into the hearts of the infidels???

What's the point of running a ship into a bridge at night?

Yeah now maybe if it were rush hour and the bridge was packed with cars....but it was at night and there was virtually no one on the bridge anyway.

Were they terrorists with a heart of gold that didn't wanna hurt anybody???

Or just lousy timing or forgot to synchronize their watches?
    Where are we going and why are we in this handbasket???

Quote Originally Posted by weevil View Post
    Wouldn't you want to take out some sort of target that would have a lot of casualties and put the fear of Allah into the hearts of the infidels???

Yeah now maybe if it were rush hour and the bridge was packed with cars....but it was at night and there was virtually no one on the bridge anyway.

Not all terrorists are mudslimes.
    If we refuse to rule ourselves with reason, then we shall be ruled by our passions.

He, Who Will Not Reason, Is a Bigot; He, Who Cannot, Is a Fool; and He, Who Dares Not, Is a Slave. -Sir William Drummond

There are some things I will not abide within my sight!

Quote Originally Posted by Oswald Bastable View Post
    Not all terrorists are mudslimes.
    Indeed and I'd say the Kerch Strait Bridge was calling for some payback
    For peace of mind, resign as general manager of the universe

Quote Originally Posted by Full Otto View Post
    Indeed and I'd say the Kerch Strait Bridge was calling for some payback
    Okay...I'll bite...

What does a bridge in Ukraine, where a war is going on, have to do with this incident?

I'll wait...
    If we refuse to rule ourselves with reason, then we shall be ruled by our passions.

He, Who Will Not Reason, Is a Bigot; He, Who Cannot, Is a Fool; and He, Who Dares Not, Is a Slave. -Sir William Drummond

Quote Originally Posted by Oswald Bastable View Post
    Okay...I'll bite...

What does a bridge in Ukraine, where a war is going on, have to do with this incident?

I'll wait...
    It's been hit more than once I believe in an attempt to disrupt supply chain
    add to that the Nord stream pipeline
    Although no real proof the US is involved I would think Russia thinks otherwise
    Following suit I would also think if Russia would want to retaliate they would do so in the same manner (no real proof)
    You don't believe it was an accident and also mentioned not all terrorists are Muslim which I was thinking the same thing
    I think Russia still has friends or at least some that would cooperate in some type of action if they made it lucrative enough to those where the ships flag was flying
    Not saying it's so but that's where I was coming from as a possibility
    Last edited by Full Otto; 04-04-2024 at 01:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Full Otto View Post
    It's been hit more than once I believe in an attempt to disrupt supply chain
    add to that the Nord stream pipeline
    Although no real proof the US is involved I would think Russia thinks otherwise
    Following suit I would also think if Russia would want to retaliate they would do so in the same manner (no real proof)
    You don't believe it was an accident and also mentioned not all terrorists are Muslim which I was thinking the same thing
    I think Russia still has friends or at least some that would cooperate in some type of action if they made it lucrative enough to those where the ships flag was flying
    Not saying it's so but that's where I was coming from as a possibility
    Two separate and disparate chains...

While seemingly connected, they are not.

The Ukrainian war is a micro-bubble of the greater conflict...that being the WEF/Soros/Gates, et. al. war against the west.

The attacks upon infrastructure over the last several years, hundreds on food processing/ranching/farming...train derailments, always with volatile chemicals...now on larger targets.

To bring the west to its knees demands coordinated and planned events, all of which can be attributed to "other" means, "other" reasons, "other" explanations...

WEF/Soros/Gates
    These seem to me to be more in line with the EU and through NATO using US muscle pushing against Russia
    Not saying your examples don't come into play which is a whole other problem
    I thought I was agreeing with you about the "not only mudslimes are terrorists"
    Starting to get too many possibilities to count anymore

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

I would imagine I-694 is busy all the time. But I'm putting my money down on China or Russia being responsible, more likely China.

Quote Originally Posted by 1 Patriot-of-many View Post
    I would imagine I-694 is busy all the time. But I'm putting my money down on China or Russia being responsible, more likely China.

It's possible it was an act of terrorism or sabotage by one of our enemies......it certainly does illustrate just how vulnerable our crumbling and antiquated infrastructure is in the modern world with enormous ships like the Dali floating by.

But I'm leaning more to it being Murphy's law....a poorly maintained gynormous ship from Singapore with a history of running into stuff, crewed by a bunch of wogs mostly from India, and a country that has horribly neglected to update and upgrade it's infrastructure. Whatever can go wrong will go wrong.

Terrorists, foreign saboteurs or just a boneheaded accident, that bridge should have been updated to deal with a crash from a ship like the Dali without collapsing like a house of cards.

It's possible it was an act of terrorism or sabotage by one of our enemies......it certainly does illustrate just how vulnerable our crumbling and antiquated infrastructure is in the modern world with enormous ships like the Dali floating by.

But I'm leaning more to it being Murphy's law....a poorly maintained gynormous ship from Singapore with a history of running into stuff, crewed by a bunch of wogs mostly from India, and a country that has horribly neglected to update and upgrade it's infrastructure. Whatever can go wrong will go wrong.

Terrorists, foreign saboteurs or just a boneheaded accident, that bridge should have been updated to deal with a crash from a ship like the Dali without collapsing like a house of cards.
    I don't think you could make any bridge supports strong enough to with stand a blow from these super cargo container ships, the weight would overcome any defense.

I don't think you could make any bridge supports strong enough to with stand a blow from these super cargo container ships, the weight would overcome any defense.

Then you build structures to deflect them so they don't hit the supports.

The ones for the Key bridge had not been updated since they were built in the '70s, even though the size of ships has increased dramatically in the past 5 decades..

https://www.kpbs.org/news/national/2...ed-for-decades

"Experts said if the Baltimore bridge had been outfitted with more robust collision-prevention structures, it may not have been struck. Although Maryland has invested in repairing the Key Bridge, records reviewed by NPR indicate the dolphins have not been substantially changed since they were built in the 1970s."

Those little post looking things called "dolphins" from 50 years ago were all that was protecting the bridge.
    Last edited by weevil; 04-05-2024 at 01:38 AM.

Then you build structures to deflect them so they don't hit the supports.

The ones for the Key bridge had not been updated since they were built in the '70s, even though the size of ships has increased dramatically in the past 5 decades..

https://www.kpbs.org/news/national/2...ed-for-decades

"Experts said if the Baltimore bridge had been outfitted with more robust collision-prevention structures, it may not have been struck. Although Maryland has invested in repairing the Key Bridge, records reviewed by NPR indicate the dolphins have not been substantially changed since they were built in the 1970s."

Those little post looking things called "dolphins" from 50 years ago were all that was protecting the bridge.
    Thanks! learn something new everyday! Interesting, I didn't know such a thing exists.

Hmmm...dissonance...cognitive...

Strong in some of these it is...yes!

Thanks! learn something new everyday! Interesting, I didn't know such a thing exists.

Ships crashing into stuff isn't a new phenomenon......they have a habit of doing that. In some places they actually build islands of rocks to prevent ships from crashing into the bridge supports.

Investing or lack there of, in upgrades to our aging and outdated infrastructure isn't as exciting or dramatic as terrorist henchmen working for a cabal of global elitists, but unfortunately it is a much more insidious evil that is far more likely to affect us and cause suffering in our daily lives.

How safe and up to date are the bridges you and your family drive over everyday?
    Last edited by weevil; 04-06-2024 at 12:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    None of them "sneaked" in. Idiot Joe invited them in. So, if any terrorist attack occurs, you can point the finger right at Idiot Joe. He has welcomed them into America. Hell, he's even flying them across the border now....
    "Sneaked" was in reference to the way they have gotten past the general population.
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Ships crashing into stuff isn't a new phenomenon......they have a habit of doing that. In some places they actually build islands of rocks to prevent ships from crashing into the bridge supports.

Investing or lack there of, in upgrades to our aging and outdated infrastructure isn't as exciting or dramatic as terrorist henchmen working for a cabal of global elitists, but unfortunately it is a much more insidious evil that is far more likely to affect us and cause suffering in our daily lives.

How safe and up to date are the bridges you and your family drive over everyday?
    Well I remember the Brits shoving a big ship into a dry dock and blowing it up on a timer, while the gerries where trying to disarm it.

Well I remember the Brits shoving a big ship into a dry dock and blowing it up on a timer, while the gerries where trying to disarm it.
    Just imagine the havoc you could wreak with a ship the size of the Dali chocked full of high explosives.

Now that would be an epic act of terrorism....instead of just plowing into an empty bridge at night.

Team GunsNet Silver 04/2015 Nobeard's Avatar

Just imagine the havoc you could wreak with a ship the size of the Dali chocked full of high explosives.

Now that would be an epic act of terrorism....instead of just plowing into an empty bridge at night.
    Caught a TV show on 'modern piracy' while in college, may have been on the Discovery Channel.
    A group of men boarded and took over an LNG transport ship off the coast of Africa...
    They spent a few hours steering the ship, checking out the navigation controls and the only thing then stole was operations manuals from the bridge.

So, why were they only interesting in learning the steering the throttle limitations?

Imagine one of those ships, fully loaded with liquefied natural gas, running full throttle toward New York Harbor...
    The ship channel in Houston...
    Norfork Virginia...

You DAMN SURE can't shoot at it.
    Only option is deploying divers with chains or cables to shut down the props, while praying it doesn't have enough momentum to reach the harbor or port they're targeting.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Ships losing power near major bridges is no longer a "coincidence."

https://www.westernjournal.com/huge-...estern-journal
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast