Thread: Have you also noticed Black Smuges on your Store Receipt's when there is a Battery in the Bag?

Team GunsNet Silver 07/2012 Hobe Sound AK's Avatar

Question Have you also noticed Black Smuges on your Store Receipt's when there is a Battery in the Bag?

Several Times I have noticed when I put and Expired round Battery for my Refrigerator Temperature Guage or a Food Timer, in a Zip Loc Bag, the Receipts all had black Smuges on them. I was taking it to a Battery Place to get a new one, I wonder if the Battery is somehow effecting Store Receipts and Smudging them. ? Let me know your thoughts. I am refering to big Black Smuges on the Paper. Paul
    Honored Nephew, of RM2. Robert E. Truitt, CA-35, U.S.S. Indianapolis, 30-July, 1945.

In Loving Memory of CW4. Paul E. Truitt 22-September, 1929, 23-February, 2018.

In Loving Memory of Montell W. Truitt 8 March, 1933, 3 June, 2021

No it is not Batteries! I got another smuged one from the Pizza Guy. Must bee The Paper, itself. I guess. The only reason I posted it is because I noticed a lot of it happening.
    Honored Nephew, of RM2. Robert E. Truitt, CA-35, U.S.S. Indianapolis, 30-July, 1945.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

If it's thermal paper they're using, anything warm that comes in contact with it will blacken the paper. Hot pizza will blacken it easily.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

For peace of mind, resign as general manager of the universe

Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    If it's thermal paper they're using, anything warm that comes in contact with it will blacken the paper. Hot pizza will blacken it easily.
    Exactly. And those "coin batteries" have been known to generate some heat that can affect thermal paper.
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Thanks, funny how that would happen. better make copies of the Receipts you need to keep before they all go Dark.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobe Sound AK View Post
    Thanks, funny how that would happen. better make copies of the Receipts you need to keep before they all go Dark.
    So true. They can be ruined by about anything. Glass cleaner, hand sanitizer, alcohol over spray etc. and they are worthless.

PA, where the cold is only matched by the isolation
    I used to notice it with the gas receipts I kept in my ashtray for figuring out mileage, made me suspect the little light bulb in there was actually on the whole time the car was, rather than just when you opened the tray.