Team GunsNet Gold 07/2012 / Super Moderator Gunreference1's Avatar

Post Alliant Powders Suspended Shipments Of Smokeless Powders For Reloading

After today, it's all historical.

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Expect higher prices for ammo then.

Team GunsNet Silver 04/2015 Nobeard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 1 Patriot-of-many View Post
    Expect higher prices for ammo then.
    That's what I was thinking, along with shortages and empty shelves from panic buying.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobeard View Post
    That's what I was thinking, along with shortages and empty shelves from panic buying.
    Yeah remember last time we had shortages. Glad I was well stocked up. a little off topic, but Nobeard, you have a good head on your shoulders, must have got it from the old man. Did your father pass?

a little off topic, but Nobeard, you have a good head on your shoulders, must have got it from the old man. Did your father pass?
    Appreciate the compliment

You might be thinking about Mom. We lost her to a car accident back in 1999.
    Dad is still with us and turns 60 this year. Uncle Johnny (aka Redbeard) is also still around and will be 67.

Their father grew up on the farm during the great depression, was a combat veteran of the second world war, then came home and started a family.
    He raised his sons to work hard, be honest and taught them to take nothing for granted.
    I honestly don't remember grandpa, he passed on right before I turned 3 years old, but it looks like some of his lessons were handed down to me.

Guess I can sum it up by what one of the instructors wrote on a term paper from college:
    "Congratulations! Most people were told what to think, you've been taught HOW to think."

Quote Originally Posted by Nobeard View Post
    Appreciate the compliment

You might be thinking about Mom. We lost her to a car accident back in 1999.
    Dad is still with us and turns 60 this year. Uncle Johnny (aka Redbeard) is also still around and will be 67.

Their father grew up on the farm during the great depression, was a combat veteran of the second world war, then came home and started a family.
    He raised his sons to work hard, be honest and taught them to take nothing for granted.
    I honestly don't remember grandpa, he passed on right before I turned 3 years old, but it looks like some of his lessons were handed down to me.

Guess I can sum it up by what one of the instructors wrote on a term paper from college:
    "Congratulations! Most people were told what to think, you've been taught HOW to think."
    Must be thinking of your uncle then Redbeard. My memory isn't so good, but in any case your posts are right on and informative and I still appreciate you sending me those orings years back. My back is so screwed right now, I have two of my biggest 4 MV's sitting right now and I need to get them going. Great to have you on the board.

I still appreciate you sending me those orings years back. My back is so screwed right now, I have two of my biggest 4 MV's sitting right now and I need to get them going. Great to have you on the board.
    My pleasure on sending you the o rings, those are the only real drawback on the H1 rims.
    Was the least I could do after you put together the building rivet group buy for Gunsnet back in the day.

Have you looked into Relief Factor? (Glenn Beck advertises it on his show).
    One of the drivers at work started using it a few years back and swears by it.

SO! Now that we've completely derailed the crap outta this thread...

The compound 'nitrocellulose' has a multitude of uses beyond smokeless powder.
    According to the web, it's also used to manufacture lacquers and paint products for wood and automotive refinishing, along with plastics and filter media for research and medical applications.
    This means a shortage could have much wider ranging effects than would normally be anticipated.

With EPA and environmental regulations in the west?
    It's a safe bet the lions share is produced in China (or other countries) due to the lax standards for pollution.
    You know...the same people that have sent us poisoned pet food and children's toy with toxic paint in the past.

Since we all understand the concept of 'supply & demand' along with the potential for profiteering, there's no point in covering that right now.

I would like everyone to consider that the vast majority of Americas antibiotics and many other prescription drugs ALSO come from China.
    You know...the same people that have sent us poisoned pet food and children's toy with toxic paint in the past. <--(repeated for emphasis)