Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: contemplating a DPMS 308 AR....please opine.

to add: the PSL has a bid so its technically sold i started it at 1200 so well see where it goes from there.
    FATE It protects Fools,Small children and ships named Enterprise.

Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2015 davepool's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by romakdaddy View Post
    can it shoot 7.62 nato or is that one of the true .308 barrels?i heard theres a slight difference

These are two of the ammo types i have fired through this rifle, best accuracy is from the federal, but no functional issues with either 308 or 762 of any manufacturor. I thought the differences in the cailbers were in the chamber dimensions,but i am by no means an expert. Heck you built that beautiful PSL you know way more than me about this stuff

Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2015 davepool's Avatar

As far as the trigger goes, i don't think mine is typical of all these rifles,i don't know anyone else who has one so i have no basis of comparison, mine may be just a fluke, no matter to me anyway, i put Timney triggers in all my ARs. It's supposed to be a standard two stage, this one is more like a 3 1/2 stage,took a little getting used to before i started getting sub 1" groups at 100 yds.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

7.62 Nato spec is lower pressure than .308; 48,000 PSI vs. 60,000 psi respectively. Also, the Nato case can be up to .008" longer than a .308 case. Some batches of 7.62 N ammo will function in .308 spec chambers, but some won't due to case length.

Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post
    7.62 Nato spec is lower pressure than .308; 48,000 PSI vs. 60,000 psi respectively. Also, the Nato case can be up to .008" longer than a .308 case. Some batches of 7.62 N ammo will function in .308 spec chambers, but some won't due to case length.
    so if you plan on using multiple brands including milsurp 7.62 is the way to go?

also:
    i found an affordable 22lr upper for the rguns lower i built http://www.marksarmory.com/83401.html im digging the cmmg sierra for $325

just saw this yesterday

http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/storeproduct936.aspx

wish they were around last year.
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

ok my ADD kicked in and this came across my plate not as accurate but has some ooh ah factor http://www.gunforall.com/shopcart/mc...tProdID=159724
    im pretty much settled on this one though http://www.dpmsguns.com/catalog.php?prod=GRFLR-C for the price i can afford the cmmg 22lr upper and have 2 new toys.

Dayum! That is a nice price. That rifle and some good glass would be a range rapist for sure. Are you going to change anything out? Or replace the FSP for a low profile? Just wondering.

Quote Originally Posted by arcangel View Post
    Dayum! That is a nice price. That rifle and some good glass would be a range rapist for sure. Are you going to change anything out? Or replace the FSP for a low profile? Just wondering.
    i thought about a full float guard and low profile block with rail.

ok im at the ordering stage on the lr-308 classic but the r&r guns place is throwing me some wierd vibes.schutz,have you dealt with these guys? i sent a copy of my dl for age verification and had my dealer fax the ffl copy over attention me.i cant get an answer when i call just a message saying everybodys busy call back later.looks like i may have to pay a bit more and go with another company.

Off topic, did you have any troubles with your R-guns lower? I just bought one and found that the magazine release button is a little large for the cut out on the lower.

Quote Originally Posted by arcangel View Post
    Off topic, did you have any troubles with your R-guns lower? I just bought one and found that the magazine release button is a little large for the cut out on the lower.
    if ya mean me,mines a sharps lower and it went together flawlessly with the dpms parts kit i got for it.

on another rant,it seems my credit card merchant account people called me and declined the payment because it wasnt automotive related...didnt know it mattered but....damn.i called the buyer and hes like "no problem,ill overnight you a check"...this guy is cool i tell you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12