Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: What's so bad about a welfare state?

Roadhouse Groupee

Quote Originally Posted by Syph View Post
    25% English, 25% Irish, 50% Scottish
    Typo.

Roadhouse Groupee

Quote Originally Posted by Joey View Post
    No worries mate, Russia will save us just like it did in WW2.
    Low blow, Joe. The Russians won the race, they didn't save the day...

Team GunsNet Silver 04/2014 El Jefe's Avatar

Jefferson... I'm 100% Irish beyond 4 generations, 25% English, 25% Irish, 25% Scottish beyond 2 generations and 50% Scottish 50% English.

Arrogance... don't complain about arrogance. The British are the most apathetic and whiny country on the planet. I've been to your country twice and every time I have been treated to the wonderful American hospitality. If there is one thing you do not lack it is arrogance and pride.
    We have cause, and we don't try to tell you your political business. Each election cycle the British press has as many stories about our elections as you do your own. I could care less what you people do, I expect the same from you.
    Returns June 3rd.

I know this is a controversial stance to take on this forum, but I think that a welfare state is incredibly beneficial to all those who use it.
    Not so much for those who have to pay for it.

The Holocaust is in the history books and there is a mandatory week of education in the UK where the remaining holocaust survivors are invited to every state school in the country.

It's only the crazy muslim schools that exclude the holocaust.
    Syph, if Muslim schools are excluded; then it isn't exactly what we'd call mandatory. My German colleagues often tell me they speak the King's English not American. To them mandatory means you must.

Arrogance... don't complain about arrogance.
    Are you going to answer my question or not?

I was tempted at one point but the USA is saturated with doctors so it would be pointless anyway.
    One of the reasons the US is saturated with doctors is they, at the moment, are not told what they can charge and how much. Medical care isn't restricted like in the UK.

1. Britain doesn't have an empire any more because we have other priorities than illegal imperialism.
    You took what I posted out of context. Certainly, you're more intelligent than to take what I posted any way than what I intended.... Or are you? Would you like me to rephrase what I posted so you can understand? Perhaps you posted your reply because you did understand and don't have an answer.

Thankfully, the UK did realize their imperialism over the colonies were illegal. Unfortunately, it took lives on both sides for the colonists to kick the imperialist Brits out of our Country.

2. The UK is a multicultural society and fundamentally secularist. We have a tiny number of muslims peers and very few muslim MPs. They have no political power as of yet. They are here for money and jobs.
    The world is "yet". Much longer will the British people tolerate having their laws and their multicultural awareness against them before they have a war between the native Brits and the Muslims who decided they should rule? Certainly, you have noticed the protests from the Muslims who decided they had their religious beliefs oppressed.

If he left the country because he didn't want to pay taxes then that is his imperative.
    You don't have much in the way of reading retention, do you? I never said it was about taxes, did I? I said he enjoys the freedoms that he didn't have back home.

You cannot equate former soviet states with the UK. The muslims were a persecuted minority and therefore became fiercely religious.
    You really need a reading comprehension class before you start your medical classes. Your reply has nothing to do with what I wrote, not once, but several times. I fear for your clients lives! Maybe that's one reason your countrymen are leaving.

Study in depth how the Muslims came to be in the regions they're in now. Over-simplified, if they couldn't take a region over by war, they would populate the region and take it over by becoming the majority. This is not something they would do in a year, a decade or two. They sometimes take over a hundred years. Sometimes they would try force several times to take over a region. Sometimes they don't try force. They simply populate. Either way, they expand enough to take over the countries I mentioned.

You say the Muslims are persecuted. Who is persecuting them?
    If I weren't supposed to shoot guns, why did God give me trigger fingers?

There's a point in your life when you get tired of trying to fix everything and trying to make everyone happy. When you finally decide to quit, it's NOT giving up. It's realizing you don't need certain people and the bullshit they bring to your life.

Life is too short to drink bad coffee!

Roadhouse Groupee

Quote Originally Posted by Charliebravo View Post
    Not so much for those who have to pay for it.
    Paying for what the country uses with income taxes seems a fair and progressive way to spread the healthcare bill.

Quote Originally Posted by HDR View Post
    Syph, if Muslim schools are excluded; then it isn't exactly what we'd call mandatory. My German colleagues often tell me they speak the King's English not American. To them mandatory means you must.
    All private schools are excluded because they are not government property. I'll revise that statement:

A holocaust awareness week is mandatory in all state schools.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo GED View Post
    Are you going to answer my question or not?
    No, I find Saudi/muslim education abhorrent. It has been recently exposed in a Panorama programme for the disgusting mockery of education it is.

However, it is still being funded and of the freedoms we have in this country, parents of pupils at the school are allowed to pay for these schools to exist. As long as the money keeps rolling in, the schools stay open.

It would be a very British reaction to close them down and the Conservative government don't want that. It wants to Americanise the UK in terms of liberty but maintain the NHS and state education.

Roadhouse Groupee

Quote Originally Posted by 63DH8 View Post
    Medical care isn't restricted like in the UK.
    I take this point, but the Conservatives are cutting out bureaucracy starting next year.

You took what I posted out of context. Certainly, you're more intelligent than to take what I posted any way than what I intended.... Or are you? Would you like me to rephrase what I posted so you can understand? Perhaps you posted your reply because you did understand and don't have an answer.
    Moot point for moot point...

The world is "yet". Much longer will the British people tolerate having their laws and their multicultural awareness against them before they have a war between the native Brits and the Muslims who decided they should rule? Certainly, you have noticed the protests from the Muslims who decided they had their religious beliefs oppressed.
    The muslims are 3% of the population and only concentrated enough to try at take seats near Bradford. That is where the reactionary BNP Nazis are springing up, wanting to deport or execute all the muslims in the UK.

You don't have much in the way of reading retention, do you? I never said it was about taxes, did I? I said he enjoys the freedoms that he didn't have back home.
    Which freedoms then?

You really need a reading comprehension class before you start your medical classes. Your reply has nothing to do with what I wrote, not once, but several times. I fear for your clients lives! Maybe that's one reason your countrymen are leaving.
    You wrote:

In the end, there may be only a mullah left ruling the Country there! btw... It's not much different than how the Muzzies took over Montenegro and other Balkan countries. They couldn't take it over by force, so they took it over by populating the country, then take it over by becoming the majority and voting it away from the original population. They'll use the laws to their advantage.
    There is only one country in Europe that is a muslim majority and that was Bosnia. The Serbs committed genocide against the muslim Bosnians in the 1990's. Bosnia became muslim in 1463 when they were invaded by the Ottoman empire. You are completely wrong.

Study in depth how the Muslims came to be in the regions they're in now. Over-simplified, if they couldn't take a region over by war, they would populate the region and take it over by becoming the majority. This is not something they would do in a year, a decade or two. They sometimes take over a hundred years. Sometimes they would try force several times to take over a region. Sometimes they don't try force. They simply populate. Either way, they expand enough to take over the countries I mentioned.
    You have been reading way to many books on this subject. A quick search reveals that there are 47 muslim majority countries and all of them are in Arabia, Africa, Bosnia and Indonesia.

All of these territories have been muslim majorities for hundreds of years. Most of Africa and Arabia have been muslim since Muhammad rode across the Sahara wielding a scimitar and leading an army.

This population bullshit sounds like something Konspiracy Krupski (Sorry...) would come up with.

You say the Muslims are persecuted. Who is persecuting them?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bosnian_Genocide
    Last edited by Syph; 12-07-2010 at 04:04 AM.

Roadhouse Groupee

Quote Originally Posted by HDR View Post
    Technicalities...

No, I find Saudi/muslim education abhorrent. It has been recently exposed in a Panorama programme for the disgusting mockery of education it is.
    I also find our own brand of religious indoctrination prettied up as "education" an affront to reason. (In the states we have "creationism" being taught as both science and history...)

However, if you find their beliefs so abhorrent, then why are you defending them on this board?

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112