Thread: MT - High-school hunter faces expulsion over gun locked in trunk

Team GunsNet Gold 07/2012 / Super Moderator Gunreference1's Avatar

Post MT - High-school hunter faces expulsion over gun locked in trunk

High-school hunter faces expulsion over gun locked in trunk

'She possibly will have her life derailed because of ... irrational zero-tolerance policy'
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Posted: December 07, 2010
    9:39 pm Eastern

By Bob Unruh
    © 2010 WorldNetDaily

A teenage hunter in Montana is facing a school hearing in a few days that could derail her college plans, career hopes and even risk her identification as a "domestic terrorist" after she inadvertently parked in a school parking lot with a hunting rifle locked in a case inside her car trunk.

The report on the situation is coming from Gary Marbut of the Montana Shooting Sports Association, who told WND he was contacted by the student's mother.

To read the rest of the story click the link below.

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=237385

Steve
    After today, it's all historical.

Moderator & Team Gunsnet SILVER 01/2011 AKTexas's Avatar

This is not right at all.

My senior year in HS I was suspended for two days because I refused to allow the VP search my car.

I had my camping gear in the trunk of my car.The gear included a hatchet,matches,and lantern,stove fuel.I stopped parking on the school property after that.
    NRA, TSRA, GUN OWNERS OF AMERICA
    BEING THE MODERATOR OF THE ROADHOUSE IS LIKE BEING THE JANITOR OF A PEEP SHOW.

School board lets Columbia Falls High student return after gun incident

By TRISTAN SCOTT of the Missoulian missoulian.com | Posted: Monday, December 13, 2010 9:20 pm | No Comments Posted

COLUMBIA FALLS - A 16-year-old Columbia Falls High School student who unwittingly brought an unloaded hunting rifle to school in the trunk of her car will return to classes Tuesday.

In a unanimous vote Monday night, the School District 6 Board of Trustees decided not to expel Demari DeReu, a junior varsity cheerleader and honors student who was suspended Dec. 1 for accidentally bringing the gun onto school premises.

http://missoulian.com/news/local/art...cc4c03286.html

Steve

Moderator & Team Gunsnet SILVER 01/2011 AKTexas's Avatar

That is how it should be...
    NRA, TSRA, GUN OWNERS OF AMERICA
    BEING THE MODERATOR OF THE ROADHOUSE IS LIKE BEING THE JANITOR OF A PEEP SHOW.

Tuesday, December 14th, 2010 at 4:02 PM

Monatana Teen Hunter Demari DeReu’s School Board Hearing

16-Year Old Montana Girl was Facing Expulsion for legally carrying a Hunting Rifle in her car.

Washington, DC --(Ammoland.com)- Included below is a report from Sean Frampton, Demari’s attorney, about Demari’s school board expulsion hearing last evening.

Although the school board voted unanimously to not expel Demari, I am disappointed that she is on probation and her record will only be cleared at the end of the school year if she has no further violations. I do not believe this incident was a violation (except a violation of Demari by school administrators). Continuing probation implies that Demari did something wrong. I don’t like that implication.

http://www.ammoland.com/2010/12/14/m...board-hearing/

Steve