Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Photos of The Warlord (Too much time and vodka = this)

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyPertwee View Post
    Whats all that for, buggout?

Seems it would be easy for someone to mis-identify you.

Also, masks make you threatening to possibly freindly forces. I know I don't trust a man who can't show his face.

I'd like to have a complete settup like this, but with some way of identifying myself as a freindly. Maybe a "Dont tread on me" patch or something. And maybe OD instead of camo. Or hunting camo instead of Army camo.

I would say:
    (1) If I see him and
    (2) I'm not shot in the head yet
    then
    ...he's probably a good guy.
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

Whats all that for, buggout?

Also, masks make you threatening to possibly freindly forces. I know I don't trust a man who can't show his face.

I'd like to have a complete settup like this, but with some way of identifying myself as a freindly. Maybe a "Dont tread on me" patch or something. And maybe OD instead of camo. Or hunting camo instead of Army camo.
    If what little warlord has taken pics of get you that paranoid, you would piss yourself to see what I roll out with...
    We will cut our enemies down in droves
    Our fires will be the substance of their nightmares
    The fields of the dead shall serve as evidence of our passing

And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts
    And I looked and behold, a pale horse
    And his name that sat on him was Death
    And Hell followed with him.

Quote Originally Posted by printerman View Post
    Thank you for applying for the new psycho spot here on Gunsnet , sha-damn I used to get all that slack from just a rad rifle ....
    Hey printerman! Good to see you made it back.

And indeed, the rifle is "Rad".
    "Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."
    -Nietzsche

"Accept the challenges, so that you may feel the exhilaration of victory."
    -George S. Patton

So what would you do at night, carry a flashlight?

Quote Originally Posted by printerman View Post
    Thank you for applying for the new psycho spot here on Gunsnet , sha-damn I used to get all that slack from just a rad rifle ....
    Here ya go P-Man... just for you:

Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

So what would you do at night, carry a flashlight?
    Yes, a flashlight and a rainbow patch to let everyone know I'm a sweet boy.

Anyway, it all depends on the situation.

If you saw that whats in that picture coming down your street 2 weeks into no power, are you going to let him get close enough to find out what he is? Or do you decide from behind the scope of a Remington 700?

I don't want to be shot by a paranoid civilian, or by individuals looking to target a would-be active guardsmen during times of chaos, like police and firefighters were shot at by criminals after Katrina. I'd rather find a way to to go by unnoticed, when possible.

I was just wondering if anyone had already thought of ways to maintain combat superiority over average civilians, while not setting yourself up as a target by being mis-identified. Also, any police or military that may be operating in a lawless portion of America may engage you without second thought.

Is that line of thinking incorrect?

Team GunsNet Silver 04/2014 El Jefe's Avatar

and a rainbow patch to let everyone know I'm a sweet boy.

Team GunsNet Silver 04/2014 El Jefe's Avatar

If I saw some mall-ninja dumbfuck sneaking around my backyard dressed like that I think I'd have to let the buckshot fly first and ask questions later.

Anyway, it all depends on the situation.

If you saw that whats in that picture coming down your street 2 weeks into no power, are you going to let him get close enough to find out what he is? Or do you decide from behind the scope of a Remington 700?

I don't want to be shot by a paranoid civilian, or by individuals looking to target a would-be active guardsmen during times of chaos, like police and firefighters were shot at by criminals after Katrina. I'd rather find a way to to go by unnoticed, when possible.

I was just wondering if anyone had already thought of ways to maintain combat superiority over average civilians, while not setting yourself up as a target by being mis-identified. Also, any police or military that may be operating in a lawless portion of America may engage you without second thought.

Over-thinking.

There's just no telling what will happen. He could ditch any amount of that gear depending on the situation.

Maybe the police all quit or were laid off?

Maybe the Military are all fighting WWWIII in a foreign land?

Maybe WWWIII went nuclear and he bugged out to the wilderness?

Or maybe he's just part of his neighborhood garrison and being a scary MF wards off looters/raiders but his neighbors all know he's THEIR scary MF and love him for it.

In short, it's better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.

So this is how tier-1 operator's look.
    FBHO

Quote Originally Posted by DesertDawg View Post
    If what little warlord has taken pics of get you that paranoid, you would piss yourself to see what I roll out with...
    10mm and a thong?
    FBHO

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by matshock View Post
    In short, it's better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.

I agree with that. I was just wondering if anyone had any thoughts on how to draw less attention while in combat mode. I suppose if someone is creeping around with a rifle, it won't matter how they dress.

However, If the towns gone to hell and there are armed individual raoming about, looking like a commando may draw unwanted attention from other armed individuals. But I guess dressing like Snake
    Plisken wouldn't be any better.

Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2011 weevil's Avatar

WTF???

Been watching Mad Max movies or something?

Quote Originally Posted by chiak47 View Post
    10mm and a thong?
    Thart would scare the shit outta me right there.

Quote Originally Posted by DesertDawg View Post
    A crashed truck, speedos, one combat boot, ar in one hand, a bottle of wine in the other and the cork in your ass.

Yeah, I would be scared if drove down my block too!
    The 2nd Amendment : Washington didn't use his right to free speech to defeat the British, he shot them.

Refer to below post, system error I guess.
    Last edited by Warlord; 07-24-2010 at 12:01 AM.
    "I will never fail my comrades"

Quote Originally Posted by JVD View Post
    Your flag is backwards
    Damn camera, for some reason or another takes a mirror image, the flag was hung correctly . Of all the questions or concerns this was of the upmost important.

As for other peoples concerns, relax. I'm one of you, served this country for 9 years. My first loyalty is to the constitution of the United States of America, not any person, not any leader, but to the very foundings of this country, the "Law of the land". As for the question about SHTF gear, yes just "the tip of the iceburg" but that is a small part of my rig. DD I'm with you bro.

(Originally Posted by FunkyPertwee)
    "If you saw that whats in that picture coming down your street 2 weeks into no power, are you going to let him get close enough to find out what he is? Or do you decide from behind the scope of a Remington 700?"

Don't worry you would not see me, and I'm not comming looking for you.

"I don't want to be shot by a paranoid civilian, or by individuals looking to target a would-be active guardsmen during times of chaos, like police and firefighters were shot at by criminals after Katrina. I'd rather find a way to to go by unnoticed, when possible."

Are you kidding, I'm not going running through the streets dressed like that, I have stelth technology That was just fucking stupid!

"I was just wondering if anyone had already thought of ways to maintain combat superiority over average civilians, while not setting yourself up as a target by being mis-identified. Also, any police or military that may be operating in a lawless portion of America may engage you without second thought.

Is that line of thinking incorrect? "

No it's not. If you cannot maintain "combat superiority" or just superiority in general over untrained, undisciplined, unorganized persons your already fucked. As far as the LEO's go, don't you think they will have bigger fish to fry in a SHTF senerio, they don't want to fuck with that, trust me they want to go home.

Wow guess I started a lil shit storm
    Last edited by Warlord; 07-24-2010 at 12:03 AM.
    "I will never fail my comrades"

Hhmm - looks like somebody likes The Doctor! Is Pertwee your favorite? What do you think of the new series?
    Check this club's site: http://www.stlcia.org/
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

I would stencil (in atf fbi style) on the back "NOT GOVERNMENT" so you don't get mistaken by a montana anti-gov type.
    Or use some civvie clothes mixed in.

Unless you are part of the 42ID, the only place your rainbow patch would work is in San Francisco.
    If there would be a need to "dress" like that; then only an idiot would be out at night using a flashlight. As it will wear off quickly, don't worry too much about the sweet boy part.

Well, I spent a week and a half without power so my best guess is I'd probably LMAO at the idiot.
    My "street" is a dirt road in the middle of a forest so what I'd see is the usual neighbors, bear, deer, some yotes, feral cats and the kind of turkey that has feathers.

Then stay off the streets or at minimum travel at night without the flashlight. Depending on your orientation, the rainbow patch would be an optional choice item.

AFA Katrina, I would have missed it by leaving town after I saw the weather report.

I can maintain "combat superiority" dressed in jeans and a tee shirt. By your own words, it seems the common sense answer would be not to be wandering around looking as if you want a fight.
    Camouflage means you blend in; not you stick out. Soldiers wear camouflage; not refugees. So right now, you in camouflage dressed to kill with a flashlight with a Rainbow patch really sticks out; don't it.

Point is, as you are trying so hard to cover everything under the sun you are making it way, way too complicated. You can't cover all the angles; most times all you can do is react to them.

Or do you decide from behind the scope of a Remington 700?
    He could also be the point man for a large force; as he is already on your street they are close also. If you shoot him, they will grind you up. Now, how would you enter that into your "Remington 700" equation?
    Hint, knowing how far in front a point man is in front of the main force is a good thing to know here. Which as usual demonstrates the mind is the weapon.

Beat feet and avoid is your best answer, or flank him to wait and see just what you are dealing with.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast