View Poll Results: What do you think will happen in the next 5 years?

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Business as usual

4 8.89%
  • Continued recession, very slow recovery

12 26.67%
  • Severe recession, increased unemployment but nothing worse

11 24.44%
  • Deep economic depression, runaway inflation, massive riots and starvation, marshal law

13 28.89%
  • TEOTWAWKI

5 11.11%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: So, now what do you think will happen?

Moderator & Team Gunsnet Platinum 07/2011 O.S.O.K.'s Avatar

So, now what do you think will happen?

In the next 5 years...
    ~Nemo me impune lacessit~

I think it really depends on what outcome is in November. If the Dems and the messiah continues to have free reign, were screwed. If the Reps don't pull thier heads out of the asses, were screwed! Not very promising. At the rate things are going , I think it will be somewhere between choice 3 and 4.
    Last edited by cciota; 07-23-2010 at 02:03 PM.
    "Woe to you, Oh Earth and Sea, for the Devil sends the beast with wrath, because he knows the time is short...
    Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast for it is a human number,
    its number is Six hundred and sixty six."

Iron Maiden

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo GED View Post
    That's a dangerous combination, a retard and a video camera.
    "Woe to you, Oh Earth and Sea, for the Devil sends the beast with wrath, because he knows the time is short...
    Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast for it is a human number,
    its number is Six hundred and sixty six."

Iron Maiden

In my opinion we now stand on a razors edge and it will take a true disaster to break the American system.
    For example,
    If the Republicans retake some seats in Congress then the system will stabilize and regrow. The rate of that regrowth will depend on the specific policies undertaken.

If on the other hand.
    Say, the Caldera(Super Volcano) under Yellowstone Nat'l Park erupts suddenly then it will blow so much ash and dirt into the atmosphere that it will block out the sun over most of the Midwest and, if it's growing season, will destroy the crops in the fields.
    The famine coupled with the truly epic levels of destruction on top of public panic would overwhelm the government and then it's a free for all and we're all in the shit.
    But that may happen tomorrow or it may not happen for a hundred years. The same for an Asteroid or a Nuclear Terrorist attack or an Alien Invasion.

I think that the Republicans will retake a large number of seats and that this (re)growth will be more rapid than not. That's why I'm the lone optimist in your poll.

As for an unpredictable disaster? Well that's why I own so many guns.

As he has done so well in the past with predictions; I'll go with Gerald Celente.

Gerald Celente, the CEO of Trends Research Institute, is renowned for his accuracy in predicting fut ure world and economic events, which will send a chill down your spine considering what he told Fox News this week.

Celente says that by 2012 America will become an undeveloped nation, that there will be a revolution marked by food riots, squatter rebellions, tax revolts and job marches, and that holidays will be more about obtaining food, not gifts.

"We're going to see the end of the retail Christmas....we're going to see a fundamental shift take place....putting food on the table is going to be more important that putting gifts under the Christmas tree," said Celente, adding that the situation would be "worse than the great depression".

"America's going to go through a transition the likes of which no one is prepared for," said Celente, noting that people's refusal to acknowledge that America was even in a recession highlights how big a problem denial is in being ready for the true scale of the crisis.
    http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-.../2132164/posts

Quote Originally Posted by HDR View Post
    As he has done so well in the past with predictions; I'll go with Gerald Celente.
    "And the crime is going to be a lot worse than it was before because in the last 1929 Depression, people’s minds weren’t wrecked on all these modern drugs – over-the-counter drugs, or crystal meth or whatever it might be. So, you have a huge underclass of very desperate people with their minds chemically blown beyond anybody’s comprehension."

Right Gerald. All those drugs and WORSE were legaly sold over the couter to anybody who asked in 1929.

I can't take the guy seriously if his knowledge of history is so off.

Quote Originally Posted by cciota View Post
    That's a dangerous combination, a retard and a video camera.
    What else would you expect from DrGonzo?

------------

The point is, we now have more information. Things are definately FUBAR. The question is, just what does this current situation mean for the next 5 years - in the member's opinion.

Attention hores notwithstanding.

Quote Originally Posted by O.S.O.K. View Post
    What else would you expect from DrGonzo?
    A retard with a computer?

I can't take the guy seriously if his knowledge of history is so off.
    Read how many times he has been correct with his predictions; then decide.

Read how many times he has been correct with his predictions; then decide.
    Well, his track record is impressive. I just took issue with the medication statement. There were probably more people on hard drugs in 1929, since even the cough syrup of the time was loaded with opiates and THC. I mean, Coca Cola had Cocaine in it! :O (1929 was the last year they used trace amounts in the recipe)

Well, his track record is impressive. I just took issue with the medication statement. There were probably more people on hard drugs in 1929, since even the cough syrup of the time was loaded with opiates and THC. I mean, Coca Cola had Cocaine in it! :O (1929 was the last year they used trace amounts in the recipe)
    I thought Celente was glorified prison planet material also.

IMO, it doesn't have anything to do with legalized drugs and it has everything to do with people. Back then people didn't lock their doors and if they did; all you needed was a skeleton key. The change is in people not being as honest and ethical.

I think when you see his track record, its mostly the "macro" predictions that are being talked about. That is, he is right about the overall picture but not all fo the details.

But then, how could he be right about everything - if he were, we'd know nothing about him other than he's the richest man on the planet....

As to where we are headed short-run, I think a lot depends on exactly what we elect in November and exactly what they do. Will they shut down all of the marxist BS by defunding it? Will they begin to make the drastic reforms that we need?

If they don't, and its pretty much just stall for two more years but do nothing to really stop the measures in the healthscare, and finacial "reform" bills, increasing taxes and quelling job growth - then I think it will be at least be very severe recession, etc. - and I think we are at a point where the next level is a very distinct possbility - like 30% probability or more. Any major world or domestic event will push us over the edge.

I hope we get a good crop of Constitutionaist, reform-minded people hired this fall.

NOTHING. I remember this same thread the first month Obama took office, and so many people said it would be a WAR if he did anything anti American as a president.
    I said no one would do anything.

Well the dimwit has a long list of anti american things he has done now, and not one person has done anything, no revolutions that so many tea party people told me would for sure happen.

Predicting financial failures, the fall of the USSR and the Israeli wars was pretty good. He has had more hits than anyone I've heard of and his picks were clear unlike Nostradamus. LOL

For the short run to be a value added any change of power would require undoing a lot of laws, regulations and figure out a way to start paying down the 0bama tab. We need fiscal conservatives in power; people who don't spend what they don't have to buy what they can't afford. Right now the same crew who manufactured the housing meltdown are still in power.

Quote Originally Posted by ubersoldate View Post
    NOTHING. I remember this same thread the first month Obama took office, and so many people said it would be a WAR if he did anything anti American as a president.
    I said no one would do anything.
    you should have said nothing but talk..

uber..

Well the dimwit has a long list of anti american things he has done now, and not one person has done anything, no revolutions that so many tea party people told me would for sure happen.
    I don't want to see war in our nation; however, the revolutionaries need to either shit or get off the porcelin pot.

you should have said nothing but talk..

uber..

I don't want to see war in our nation; however, the revolutionaries need to either shit or get off the porcelin pot.
    Couldnt agree more.
    And Damn good to see ya Top! Hope all is well out there with you and yours!

Nothing in the realm of "political" violence has been done. And you were right Uber. But perhaps that's because so much in the realm of political action has been done. I for one have said all along that this is what I personally want and prefer. Violent revolution is after all, a last resort and to be avoided.

We've seen things like a Republican replace Teddy Kennedy. That was amazing! This has been the rule thus far in special elections. The polls are also very encouraging. And we are seeing the marxists being held to task over things like the black panther voter intimdation scandal. Look at Arizona!!! God Bless Arizona! That is even more encouraging.

Given that 99% of the population does not want violence (there's always the 1% who do...) it's not surprising that none has erupted given the "positive" trend in political activism. More and more people seem to be paying attention and "getting it".

So, I hope you continue to be right with your prediction - for the right reason.

Couldnt agree more.
    And Damn good to see ya Top! Hope all is well out there with you and yours!
    We usually do agree..

Damn good to see you also; how is the family??

We usually do agree..

Damn good to see you also; how is the family??
    Both boys are HUGE, growing up so fast!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast