Thread: Obamacare could be repealed before election

Obamacare could be repealed before election

Summer sizzle: Obamacare could be repealed before election

Petition campaign started for new vote in House of Representatives

Posted: July 11, 2010
    7:15 pm Eastern

© 2010 WorldNetDaily

News that a discharge petition in the House of Representatives has gathered half the names necessary to force a vote repealing Obamacare has spurred an online petition campaign to rally the public to the cause. "Who would have thought we might have a chance to repeal Obamacare – this term?" exclaimed Joseph Farah, editor and chief executive officer of WND, in response to the plan by Rep. Steve King, R-Iowa. "This movement has already gained half the support it needs in the House of Representatives. Now it's time for the public to turn up the pressure on the other half."
    Farah has created a public petition drive in support of King's measure. He hopes to use the database of new names to launch a massive new "pink slips"–style campaign to persuade 218 House members to get on board.
    The "pink slips" campaign last delivered nearly 10 million messages to members of the House and Senate – including protests of the impending vote on health care.

"We are less than four months from Election Day and every member of the House is up for re-election," Farah noted. "Everyone is vulnerable right now. We have leverage we won't have in January. Wouldn't it be awesome if we could get the same House that passed Obamacare to repudiate it a few months later?"
    King's measure has 109 signatures, exactly half of the 218 needed for it to move forward without hindrance.
    "If you want to jump on this with me, just sign the petition," Farah said. "Give me your e-mail address and we will keep you posted on the progress and further action needed."
    Sign the petition to overturn Obamacare now.

-------------------------

what the hell, i signed it. i get email alerts from WND already so no biggie to me.

every little bit helps.
    I'm the one that's gonna die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way I want to.
    Jimi Hendrix

NRA Benefactor Member & 03 FFL

Team GunsNet Silver 04/2014 El Jefe's Avatar

Hmmmm..... while I'd be all in favor of repealing the BS healthcare boondoggle, I'll be shocked if a mere petition drive could get enough congressmen to vote for repeal. I'll also go as far to say that I'll be pleasantly surprised if/when it EVER gets repealed.

edit post won't work right so here is the link to the article.

http://www.wnd.com/?pageId=176405

and yeah, i would love to see Obamcare get repealed ASAP, but i'm not holding my breath.
    I'm the one that's gonna die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way I want to.
    Jimi Hendrix

NRA Benefactor Member & 03 FFL

I think the problem will be courage by congressmen to actually vote to take away an entitlement that's on the books. I can't remember it ever happening. Just like most know the government should put means testing on SS & Medicare, I don't think they'll ever actually do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jefferson View Post
    I think the problem will be courage by congressmen to actually vote to take away an entitlement that's on the books.
    That is the entire problem with our elected officials! Chicken shit bastards.

Quote Originally Posted by cciota View Post
    That is the entire problem with our elected officials! Chicken shit bastards.
    ..........and has been for a long damned time regrettably.

Not gonna happen. It takes more than just getting the House to vote to repeal. You have to get the Senate to go along with a veto-proof majority. Even with a simple majority voting for repeal in both houses, it's doubtful that Bam-Bam is going to sign the undoing of his crown jewel into law. He's officially got the government's foot in the door and is not going to take it out willingly. Best we can do is shoot the pinky-toe.

I'm afraid it's not going to be repealed unless the Republicans control both houses and the White House, and maybe not even then. Our best hope is SCOTUS. IMO

Guns Network Lifetime Membership 01/2011 old Grump's Avatar

A little hut in the woods near Blue River Wisconsin
    It's already screwed up the way my moms bills are paid. She is in a nursing home on oxygen and therapy and will be till she is gone and thanks to the new wonderful system her benefits were chopped by a couple of hundred dollars. The state is picking up the slack but who knows how long that will last. I won't go into specifics but the local Social Security Office is going crazy trying to answer all the seniors questions about what happened to their checks. Good job you Alien in Chief. Anybody else think every Senator and Representative who voted for that bill without reading it should get booted from congress with no pension, no medical, no benefits and maybe a little face time with a judge for fraud and gross dereliction of duty?

Roman Catholic, Life Member of American Legion, VFW, Wisconsin Libertarian party, Wi-FORCE, WGO, NRA, JPFO, GOA, SAF and CCRKBA

"THE STATE THAT SEPARATES ITS SCHOLARS FROM IT WARRIORS WILL HAVE ITS THINKING DONE BY COWARDS AND ITS FIGHTING DONE BY FOOLS"

THUCYDIDES.

Team GunsNet Silver 03/2014 sevlex's Avatar

Only way it gets repealed is if Dems change their votes. I don't see that happening, especially in the senate where they need a veto-proof majority..
    Telling the truth is treason in an empire of lies.

WWG1WGA

Nothing good ever comes from a pinched sphincter

I'll sign up, but doubt it will happen......