Thread: Turkey - Draft law to ease regulations on gun ownership draws ire

Team GunsNet Gold 07/2012 / Super Moderator Gunreference1's Avatar

Post Turkey - Draft law to ease regulations on gun ownership draws ire

Draft law to ease regulations on gun ownership draws ire

14 December 2010, Tuesday / AYŞE KARABAT, ANKARA

Possible amendments to gun laws that are intended to ease restrictions on owning and carrying small arms have faced much criticism in Turkey.

The bill, currently in subcommittee at Parliament, ensures easier access to guns, allowing people to own as many as five weapons and the right to carry two of them at one time. Some civil society organizations underline that such regulations will lead to more crime and will threaten lives, especially those of women and children, but supporters of the amendments argue that easing procedures to obtain a license for weapons will make it easier to track them.

To read the rest of the story click the link below.

http://www.todayszaman.com/news-2296...draws-ire.html

Steve
    After today, it's all historical.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Thumbs down

If it was any country but a Muzzie country I'd be for it to a fair degree. But this will make it easier for religious Muzzie fanatics to decide to be judge jury and executioner under Sharia Law. Going to be a flood of dead women I think.

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post
    If it was any country but a Muzzie country I'd be for it to a fair degree. But this will make it easier for religious Muzzie fanatics to decide to be judge jury and executioner under Sharia Law. Going to be a flood of dead women I think.
    I think Turkey is a bit different then the others.

For example, everyone is required to serve in the military. That alone should be enough reason to allow them to be armed. If you served your own country you should be allowed to be armed (by your own country).

The only Turk I ever met ran from conscription, and was one of the biggest assholes I met. And he wouldn't go back because they'll throw him in jail for dodging the draft. Guy was a total douche and he smelled bad.