Thread: No pardon for Billy the Kid

No pardon for Billy the Kid

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/40861736/ns/us_news/

Looks like the more rational heads won out.

Moderator & Team Gunsnet SILVER 01/2011 AKTexas's Avatar

He is dead,does he care if he is granted a pardon?

Why should anyone else?

I do not get some of these people that think up this silly shit.
    NRA, TSRA, GUN OWNERS OF AMERICA
    BEING THE MODERATOR OF THE ROADHOUSE IS LIKE BEING THE JANITOR OF A PEEP SHOW.

The government has pardoned worse people. Just saying.
    "I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it." -Voltaire

“It’s not the Gun in Gun Control that bothers me. It’s the Control" -Nimbly

"A cop is to heavy to carry in my pocket, that is why I carry a gun" -unknown

Ron Paul - 2012

With all the issues of today's world, pardoning Billy the Kid is stupid.

Especially stupid because Billy never did anything close to being worthy of a pardon

Quote Originally Posted by Nimbly View Post

But when the government pardoned others in the past times were very different. In today's times having time to waste on such insignificant, inane, and totally assholish matters is similar to throwing salt into our wounds.

That is the whole point here and you are so out of touch with reality you totally missed the point.

Someone who killed 3 law officers?

"Now compared to other outlaws, like the James and Younger brothers, Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, John Wesley Hardin, The Doolins, The Daltons, and Clay Allison, as well as New Mexico outlaws like Jesse Evans, John Kinney, and John Selman, Billy the Kid was small potatoes. Most of Billy the Kid's outlaw status does involve "shootings and killings," but keep in mind this was during a violent bloody feud. These were not innocent law-abiding men, but gunfighters and killers themselves.

For the rest of the article: http://www.aboutbillythekid.com/btk_howbadwashe.htm"

Team GunsNet Silver 04/2014 El Jefe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HDR View Post
    "Now compared to other outlaws, like the James and Younger brothers, Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, John Wesley Hardin, The Doolins, The Daltons, and Clay Allison, as well as New Mexico outlaws like Jesse Evans, John Kinney, and John Selman, Billy the Kid was small potatoes. Most of Billy the Kid's outlaw status does involve "shootings and killings," but keep in mind this was during a violent bloody feud. These were not innocent law-abiding men, but gunfighters and killers themselves.

For the rest of the article: http://www.aboutbillythekid.com/btk_howbadwashe.htm"
    Hey! The James Gang, were just freedom fighters!
    Returns June 3rd.

Quote Originally Posted by Jefferson View Post
    Hey! The James Gang, were just freedom fighters!
    Exactly.

The bottom line is the "elected ones" are wasting their time and our money on bs.

But when the government pardoned others in the past times were very different. In today's times having time to waste on such insignificant, inane, and totally assholish matters is similar to throwing salt into our wounds.

That is the whole point here and you are so out of touch with reality you totally missed the point.
    Lord knows we wouldn't want to interrupt anyone's golf game. Thank you for correcting me.

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/ny-go...led-white-teen
    "I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it." -Voltaire

Ron Paul - 2012

Just FYI I don't think he should be pardoned.

Ron Paul - 2012

yeah he killed 3 officers......

who by all accounts were on the take (payroll) of the murphy clan. IF they WERE hired murphy thugs then they got what they deserved.

PLEASE NOTE THAT I SAID IF

also I think its a waste of time/money with the issues we have right in front of us

For the rest of the article: http://www.aboutbillythekid.com/btk_howbadwashe.htm
    All of these gangs were misLABELED... they were all COMMUNITY ORGANIZERS.... you see... pfffttt
    The Guns Network | Often Imitated - Never Duplicated!
    The most recently revised government version of anything supersedes all evidence to the contrary past, present or future. That's a working definition of authoritarianism.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Just FYI I don't think he should be pardoned.
    Yeah we know. You expected reparations along with the pardon.

Guns Network Lifetime Membership 01/2011 old Grump's Avatar

A little hut in the woods near Blue River Wisconsin
    Charles Manson and Ed Gein next? Maybe a pardon for Julius Rosenberg next and an apology to their co-conspiators. The last would be right up Obama's alley. He could apologize to them and to the Soviets at the same time and give them whatever atomic secrets the Russians haven't gotten yet, if any.

Roman Catholic, Life Member of American Legion, VFW, Wisconsin Libertarian party, Wi-FORCE, WGO, NRA, JPFO, GOA, SAF and CCRKBA

"THE STATE THAT SEPARATES ITS SCHOLARS FROM IT WARRIORS WILL HAVE ITS THINKING DONE BY COWARDS AND ITS FIGHTING DONE BY FOOLS"

THUCYDIDES.

Full pardon. IF that is really him buried in NM......

Lord knows we wouldn't want to interrupt anyone's golf game. Thank you for correcting me.

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/ny-go...led-white-teen
    As Forest Gump said "stupid is as stupid does."

And as I've noticed only a liberal uses someone's stupidity to make his point.

Quote Originally Posted by loknlode View Post
    who by all accounts were on the take (payroll) of the murphy clan. IF they WERE hired murphy thugs then they got what they deserved.

PLEASE NOTE THAT I SAID IF

also I think its a waste of time/money with the issues we have right in front of us
    So we should pardon criminals who kill other criminals? There's a whole bunch of gangbangers who deserve one then. The point isn't who he killed as much as he killed.

Its all about tourism revenue.

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Quote Originally Posted by mriddick View Post
    Someone who killed 3 law officers?
    Yeah at least one corrupt LEO.