View Poll Results: What level of prep describes you?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • None - business as usal.

3 7.89%
  • Some - stocking some extra food, guns, ammo.

21 55.26%
  • More - 6 mo.s food, medical, precious metals, etc.

9 23.68%
  • At least a year's stores, put in a well, solar pannels, etc.

3 7.89%
  • Long term stores, totall self-sufficient preps.

1 2.63%
  • Totally off-grid bunker ready

1 2.63%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What kind or level of preparation are you doing right now?

Quote Originally Posted by chiak47 View Post

I too have been using P90x...It's by far the best workout/diet program I have ever used. I don't run but I do go for a nightly hike.
    It is awesome isnt it?
    I dropped so much wieght, back to my normal size in two months by that damn boot camp style workout...

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2015 mrkalashnikov's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo GED View Post
    ...ok, so i cant stay for long...the more i type the easier it is for them to find me...i sealed the bunker yesterday...walls covered in tin foil...family size cans of baked beans stacked to ceiling...also got sweet deal on several cases of c-rats vintage 1951...i dont want to get soft in the bunker...so we take lots of steroids and play mumbly peg for days at a time...forgot dvd collection...will have to educate future generations with last remaining VHS of Red Dawn...beans probably bad idea in confined space...furniture made from stacked cans of spam...forgot to dig latrine...check back in two weeks...

Quote Originally Posted by NewbieAKguy View Post

So in all honesty the p90x is worth what they ask for it? There's a p90 too right?

Get it on amazon, its around $40.
    It was the best 40 Ive spent in years.
    The p90 is better to start with actually, a little easier.
    Alot of people, myself being one had some issues starting with the 90x.
    I dont want to give up, and I work like a dog, so I got injuries right off the bat that I powered through, and ended up having down time that I didnt want due to trying to work out to hard and too much.
    I stopped and went to the p90 and just took my time.

I think the vids taught ME one thing, and thats the fact its not a quick fix, its getting my eating and excercise right for life, and taking my time. It doesnt have to be done in 90 days...
    I acutally already got through mine, but still do it every other night, and run on the alternate nights...

I would suggest getting the whole package though, the nutrition books are a real help. The resistance bands I never used though.

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

I'm at level H but hope to do better. Get it. Preparation H

Actually back in late 1999 my neighbor was telling me how he was all prepared for Y2K. I noticed that out of all his preparation he never once mentioned a firearm. When he asked me if I was prepared for Y2K I just thought about everything he had in his well stocked basement, compared it to my well stocked gun room and told him I thought he had just about everything I would need.

Moderator & Team Gunsnet Platinum 07/2011 O.S.O.K.'s Avatar

Yep, loose lips sink ships.... best not to discuss your preps with the neighbors or even other people in your town... people will do what they have to in order to feed themselves, their families...

We are all quite litteraly, savages just under this facade we call "civilizaiton". Weird how so many historical examples exist to instruct, yet people (in general) forget this so fast and get into the "Mr. Rogers mode" of thinking.

P90 huh.... I was going to start lifting and doing the "boxing" work out again... I can't really run consistently as I have bersitus in my left knee - its fine if I walk, I just can't pound it or it becomes inflamed and hurts like shit. Bersitus is latin referring to the "bersa" which is the pad that's in your knee - this get's inflamed and irritated. This only develops when I start running.

What I really would like is one of those endless pools, but $10K is out of the question right now...
    ~Nemo me impune lacessit~

Question

I also raise chickens and in fact I just got a nasty new rooster this week that is a pain in the ass as far as him trying to "show" me that he is in charge of the harem. I have to constantly humiliate him in front of the hens
    How does one do this exactly?

swampdragon
    Quote Originally Posted by mrkalashnikov View Post
    He has sex with the chickens and makes the rooster watch....

I grab him by his legs and hold him upside down or put him in my arms and rock him like a baby...You have to do it in front of the hens.
    He will get embarrassed.
    Also if you catch him trying to mingle with a hen in front of you then chase him away.
    Eventually they will know you are the alpha male and he will be less aggressive towards you.
    Last edited by chiak47; 07-31-2010 at 10:27 PM.
    FBHO

Quote Originally Posted by swampdragon View Post
    You KS boys are odd....
    FBHO

Quote Originally Posted by ubersoldate View Post
    It is awesome isnt it?
    I dropped so much wieght, back to my normal size in two months by that damn boot camp style workout...
    Dude it kicks my ass...I can only keep up with half the shit they do and I have noticed a difference in the way I breath and feel.
    I recommend this for anyone that is in decent shape. If you have medical conditions than you need to consult a DR.

BTW...I got mine with all the books sealed for $25 off of Ebay.
    FBHO

swampdragon
    You KS boys are odd....
    Maybe so...but we don't get punked like a bitch by a damned rooster.
    lol....

lol....
    This rooster came from the bowels of hell.

Don't you have chickens? If not get some...They are fun, cheap and you know you are getting quality eggs and meat.
    FBHO

Dude it kicks my ass...I can only keep up with half the shit they do and I have noticed a difference in the way I breath and feel.
    I recommend this for anyone that is in decent shape. If you have medical conditions than you need to consult a DR.

BTW...I got mine with all the books sealed for $25 off of Ebay.
    Right on man!
    I love it....Gets you in down right SHAPE fast...

You KS boys are odd....
    I was going tell y'all what a monkey would do to chickens.

lol....
    That is what the monkey did to hens or roosters.

Infantry rounds out one's education and life experiences. lol

Quote Originally Posted by HDR View Post
    I was going tell y'all what a monkey would do to chickens. ...That is what the monkey did to hens or roosters...Infantry rounds out one's education and life experiences. lol
    Didn't see it. But heard a story about hen being thrown to one of those rock apes.

I grab him by his legs and hold him upside down or put him in my arms and rock him like a baby...You have to do it in front of the hens.
    He will get embarrassed.
    Also if you catch him trying to mingle with a hen in front of you then chase him away.
    Eventually they will know you are the alpha male and he will be less aggressive towards you.
    Being more or less a city boy I would not have considered treating my uppity rooster like this in a thousand years.

I was half afraid the answer might be something along these lines but happily it wasn't.

Moderator & Team Gunsnet Platinum 07/2011 O.S.O.K.'s Avatar

One thing about gunsnet, you never know when the roadhouse will pop up and say "boo!"
    ~Nemo me impune lacessit~

Being more or less a city boy I would not have considered treating my uppity rooster like this in a thousand years.
    I was raised in a city and remember if you can make it in a city you can make it anywhere. I got tired of the rat race and settled in the country with my "hobby" farm.
    FBHO

Team GunsNet Silver 07/2012 NewbieAKguy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ubersoldate View Post
    Get it on amazon, its around $40.
    It was the best 40 Ive spent in years.
    The p90 is better to start with actually, a little easier.
    Alot of people, myself being one had some issues starting with the 90x.
    I dont want to give up, and I work like a dog, so I got injuries right off the bat that I powered through, and ended up having down time that I didnt want due to trying to work out to hard and too much.
    I stopped and went to the p90 and just took my time.

I think the vids taught ME one thing, and thats the fact its not a quick fix, its getting my eating and excercise right for life, and taking my time. It doesnt have to be done in 90 days...
    I acutally already got through mine, but still do it every other night, and run on the alternate nights...

I would suggest getting the whole package though, the nutrition books are a real help. The resistance bands I never used though.
    Thanks for the tip. I'll have to make sure and add it to my next amazon or ebay shopping trip.
    "The God who gave us life, gave us liberty at the same time; the hand of force may destroy, but cannot disjoin them. ... Can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are the gift of God? That they are not to be violated but with His wrath? Indeed I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just: that his justice cannot sleep for ever."--Thomas Jefferson

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast