Thread: Killed the smartest boar ever

Thumbs up Killed the smartest boar ever

I have been hunting this boar for the last two years. Chess match and he always ended up winning.

I nailed him tonight, he is not edible due to his musk scent being strong, over 5 years old. He has a shield from hell and has made hunting hogs recently miserable as he has been the hardest animal I have ever hunted. I have his head and plan on boiling it later this weekend. Eurpoeon mount.

I will be posting pics later. I have never been any closer then 50 yards from him. I had a quartering away shot and instead of a thunderhead. I decided on using one of my rage expandables. He was about 27 yards and shot him the side of his shield. He ran 76 yards and it was done. Blood trail even a blind man could follow.

He has some tusks, damn... You would think he was a south texas boar. Has russian in him for sure.

Rage Broadheads 27 - 0

The Guns Network | Often Imitated - Never Duplicated!
    The most recently revised government version of anything supersedes all evidence to the contrary past, present or future. That's a working definition of authoritarianism.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Congrats! Looking forward to the pics.
    US Constitution: Article 1 Section 8 Paragraph 4

The Congress shall have Power To establish an uniform Rule of Naturalization

Thumbs up

Same here......we don't get "real" boars here (the extreme cold weather seems to kill off anything and everything)
    Here's to pussy and gunpowder. One to live for, the other to die by.....Goddamn though, I do love the smell of 'em both !!!

Smartest and most dangerous boar are arkansas razorbacks, cause they end up hunting you. This boar has got to be a close second to them razorbacks.

This boar would go 360 degrees and always 100 yards downwind of you before entering a feeding area or an open sendero. I have pics of him while alive as well on the game camera too. I will post those as well.

I would have shoulder mounted him if it was not for this axis buck I want to take and will eventually take.
    The most recently revised government version of anything supersedes all evidence to the contrary past, present or future. That's a working definition of authoritarianism.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Iron Pumping Bastard aliceinchains's Avatar

Congratulations! What is the weight on that hog. You know i didn't think they were that smart.

Dangerous yes. I have watched hunts on tv and seen them charge the hunters.
    Last edited by aliceinchains; 12-20-2010 at 03:18 PM.
    I am sitting in my angry chair!

Guns Network Lifetime Membership 01/2011 old Grump's Avatar

A little hut in the woods near Blue River Wisconsin
    You big brute you...er I mean congratulations and yeah, I'm a wee bit jealous, wish I could be out there doing that right now. 10 degrees and more snow coming, oh well.

Roman Catholic, Life Member of American Legion, VFW, Wisconsin Libertarian party, Wi-FORCE, WGO, NRA, JPFO, GOA, SAF and CCRKBA

"THE STATE THAT SEPARATES ITS SCHOLARS FROM IT WARRIORS WILL HAVE ITS THINKING DONE BY COWARDS AND ITS FIGHTING DONE BY FOOLS"

THUCYDIDES.

On a hill with the view of the rest of my life.
    No boars round here in Oregon. Heard of some in the southern part of the state. I'd love the opportunity to hunt them someday. Sounds like a blast.
    Trying to get on the no fly list, one post at a time.

Team GunsNet Gold 03/2014

Thumbs up

Excellent! Have taken wild hogs with pistol, rifle, black powder and bow.

Enjoyed every hunt, but never been in an area long enough to start a game of hide-and-seek like that.

Sounds like you earned the trophy along with some braggin' rights. Way to go...

Team GunsNet Silver 04/2014 El Jefe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by L1A1Rocker View Post
    Congrats! Looking forward to the pics.
    +1.
    Returns June 3rd.

Pics have been added....

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Team GunsNet Silver 04/2014 El Jefe's Avatar

Pretty cool, too bad you couldn't eat him. I'll bet those little ones would be decent table fare.
    Returns June 3rd.

wher yoiu huntin/texas?

yes hill country

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote Originally Posted by btcave View Post
    No boars round here in Oregon. Heard of some in the southern part of the state. I'd love the opportunity to hunt them someday. Sounds like a blast.
    There are more than a few south of Madras, actually, Mr. Cave.
    The gun-toting practitioner of the Middle Path.

let me know if you hear of any good spots, I have been thinking about baors for a while.