Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: One Of A Kind Colt 1911

One Of A Kind Colt 1911

How would you like a one of a kind 1911 pistol?

There's an auction going for a 100th anniversary 1911. Winning bidder gets all kinds of cool stuff.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=206871796

Not the least of which is a personal tour of the Colt factory, lunch with management, and a goody bag from Colt.

Bid's sitting somewhere north of $27,000 with a hair over 28 days left. Any takers? I know some of you have that in petty change, right?
    How do you compromise with someone when their idea of compromise is to give them what THEY want?

Thunder River Home

NRA Lifer since Apr 2009

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

While it is a pretty gun, I don't think it is $27,000 worth of pretty.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Iron Pumping Bastard aliceinchains's Avatar

I have a factory Taurus that will shoot the made up colt into a closed casket.
    I am sitting in my angry chair!

Beautiful, but waaaaaaay out of my price range.

Do you know how many trailer park uzis I could by that type of money?

Rage

Where's Printerman when you need him? LOL
    "Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."
    -Nietzsche

"Accept the challenges, so that you may feel the exhilaration of victory."
    -George S. Patton

damn. I remember when that one was sitting at just a hair over $6k... that jumped up there quick. I want it, but at the same time, I see no use for it other than as an Heirloom.

One thing I am really curious about, is if Colt managed to actually machine this ones slide properly. They have been doing a bang up job lately of machining the bushing area to far over to one side so the bushing is clocked goofy. You can really see it in their railed pistol when you look at it head on. really odd seeing as they just spent an ass to of money on new machinery not to long ago. You would have thought they would set it up properly being Colt and all.

Instant collectible.

Team GunsNet Silver 02/2014

Cool

Nice looking....... I buy shooters, not lookers....unless I just fall onto it by accident!LOL
    Dan

Moderator & Team Gunsnet SILVER 01/2011 AKTexas's Avatar

Very nice pistol,maybe in a 100 years it will be worth 1 million.Not tacticool enough for printertard.
    NRA, TSRA, GUN OWNERS OF AMERICA
    BEING THE MODERATOR OF THE ROADHOUSE IS LIKE BEING THE JANITOR OF A PEEP SHOW.

Team GunsNet Silver 04/2014 El Jefe's Avatar

Damn, it's now over $31,000.00 It's pretty sharp and all, but way to rich for my blood.
    Returns June 3rd.

Guns Network Lifetime Membership 01/2011 old Grump's Avatar

A little hut in the woods near Blue River Wisconsin
    Aw hazmat, you big tease. I clicked on it to see a 1911 and what do I get, a gussied up 1911A1. If it was a good condition 1911 the starting bid would have been 10 times higher to begin with.

Roman Catholic, Life Member of American Legion, VFW, Wisconsin Libertarian party, Wi-FORCE, WGO, NRA, JPFO, GOA, SAF and CCRKBA

"THE STATE THAT SEPARATES ITS SCHOLARS FROM IT WARRIORS WILL HAVE ITS THINKING DONE BY COWARDS AND ITS FIGHTING DONE BY FOOLS"

THUCYDIDES.

Just punch in the word "rare" in the search box on gunbroker and see what comes up. After I did that it sure changed the way I view the listings on there.

If you stop and think about it, for what you pay, it's one hell of a deal. A one of a kind pistol, 100th anniverary 1911, factory engraved initals on the mainspring housing, a private tour of the floor and lunch with Colt's management, a goody bag that contains God-knows-what, and its all part of the package. Basically, for what you win the bid for, you've paid for the goodies that come with it.

Of course, if that bid goes over a hundert large, it's officially into 'Holy Fuck!' territory. (Right now it's at 46 and change.)
    How do you compromise with someone when their idea of compromise is to give them what THEY want?

Thunder River Home

NRA Lifer since Apr 2009

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Current Bid $55,580.55

Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2015 davepool's Avatar

anybody wanna guess on the winning bid? It's at 58K now,with 3 weeks left, i'll guess 65k wins it

I'm thinking that if it don't hit 100, it won't miss it by much. It's sitting just under $67 right now.

Thunder River Home

NRA Lifer since Apr 2009

Team Gunsnet SILVER 04/2010 / Super Moderator

Jesus!!!! $67,725.00 with 119 bids WOW....sure is a nice piece though

Beautiful American made 1911.

However, I think I will continue to enjoy my $200 Norinco 1911 (at least until I'm no longer a poor college student).

nice ----67,725.00 gtfo.......

Quote Originally Posted by abpt1 View Post
    nice ----67,725.00 gtfo.......
    Current bid: $68,025.00

Colt collecting is serious money country.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast