Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: One Of A Kind Colt 1911

What's really cool about this one, is it is being donated by Colt being and being auctioned to benefit the Hunting Heritage Foundation.
    Colt isn't making a dime on it.

What I don't get though, is they do such an amazing job with this one, but with the anniversary series that we are able to buy, they made them look like ass. The gold inlay just looks like shit on this one.

The other version looks nice, but not $1500+ nice.

http://www.coltsmfg.com/Portals/0/panels/Colt-100.pdf

Both of those look good. Got me wondering about a possible collectors piece.

BTW, bidding is just a hair under 70. Shooee, that's gonna be one 'spensive pistole.
    How do you compromise with someone when their idea of compromise is to give them what THEY want?

Thunder River Home

NRA Lifer since Apr 2009

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Team GunsNet Gold 07/2012 / Super Moderator Gunreference1's Avatar

Now sitting at $69,075.00!

Steve
    After today, it's all historical.

I'll take two, o that's right it's a one of a kind

Seriously it really is one sweet piece.
    "I will never fail my comrades"

Bid is at $70+k and counting with 22 days and change left. Damn, as if it weren't already, this is going to be one expensive pistol, considering the bidding started at a grand.
    How do you compromise with someone when their idea of compromise is to give them what THEY want?

Thunder River Home

NRA Lifer since Apr 2009

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Team GunsNet Gold 07/2012 / Super Moderator Gunreference1's Avatar

I guess it's up for auction again.

http://www.ammoland.com/2011/03/28/n...lt-model-1911/

The bid is currently at $33,358.33 and the reserve has been met.

Steve
    After today, it's all historical.

I don't think its the same gun. Of course, maybe its my phone (won't show the pics from the originally linked auction) but I don't remember that one looking like this one. This one is for the NRA, the original was just an auction. I saw one similar at a Friends of NRA banquet last weekend.

Thunder River Home

NRA Lifer since Apr 2009

Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2015 davepool's Avatar

If Colt is smart they will do several of these, each a unique one of a kind, and donate the procedes to a worthy charity.

and if one of them MUST be a Delta Elite
    Last edited by davepool; 03-29-2011 at 08:34 PM.

IIRC, they did that. The ones that are out now are the 'limited run' guns. Like only 100 or so were produced. The one in the original link was the one-of-a-kind pistol made specifically for that auction.

Plus, the NRA got a run. At our Friends of NRA dinner last night, they had a 100th anniversary model with Col Sam Colt scrimshawed on one real ivory grip panel and a doughboy on the other. Had all kinds of fancy engraving and gold embelishments. (They should've had Mr John Moses Browning on that panel, but hey what do I know?). It was part of their Live Auction and the one at our dinner went for $2300.

Thunder River Home

NRA Lifer since Apr 2009

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12