Thread: Obama is taking on the NRA?

Team GunsNet Gold 07/2012 / Super Moderator Gunreference1's Avatar

Post Obama is taking on the NRA?

Obama May Finally Stand Up to NRA & Gun Lobby

Blog by Brady Campaign
    (1 Day Ago) in Society / Guns
    By Dennis Henigan

Is the Obama Administration finally ready to stand up to the gun lobby?

Since the midterm elections, the Administration has made two moves it must have known would draw heavy fire from the National Rifle Association.

First, shortly after the elections, the White House announced its nomination of a new Director of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) – Andrew Traver – whose experience at ATF gives every indication he will be a strong enforcer of federal gun laws. The NRA predictably blasted Traver. For the NRA, he had committed a mortal sin by serving as an advisor to the International Association of Chiefs of Police and its gun violence reduction efforts. The NRA’s hostility to IACP is just the latest evidence of the gun lobby’s longtime and shameful antipathy toward law enforcement.

Second, last week the Obama Justice Department responded to the growing crisis of gun trafficking from U.S. dealers to the Mexican drug cartels by announcing new reporting requirements on gun dealer multiple sales of high-capacity rifles to single buyers. The requirements apparently would apply to approximately 8,500 licensed gun dealers in the border states of Texas, New Mexico, Arizona and California, and only for a one-year period.

To read the rest of the story click the link below.

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/obama...-nra-gun-lobby

Steve

Poster's Note: I hope everyone realizes who Dennis Henigan is?
    After today, it's all historical.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Angry

Fuck Obumbler!

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    I wish ATF would enforce firearm laws, as in the law written into the supreme law of the land, as in the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. How hard is it to enforce that one???

As to obama-messiah, I am figuring that if he takes on the NRA, he is expecting to be a single term president and wants to take down as many parts of our country as he can as he goes down.

by the time his terms up he'll be able to stick both feet in his mouth.
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!