Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bipods

I was always curious about those but I've known anyone to actually own one. Maybe I'll grab one up.

swampdragon
    Quote Originally Posted by ready View Post
    I was always curious about those but I've known anyone to actually own one. Maybe I'll grab one up.
    They come in two versions.
    One plastic and the other all aluminum.
    You don't need the heavier metal one unless you are placing it on a heavy machine gun or something.

http://www.grippod.com/

They may look a lil strange at first, but they are a great piece of equipment.
    Mine has a permanent home on my AK.
    It's not going anywhere.

Last edited by swampdragon; 07-25-2010 at 10:49 PM.

I've been using the Tango Down QD ones but they don't have a freakin' bipod on 'em.

swampdragon
    I've been using the Tango Down QD ones but they don't have a freakin' bipod on 'em.
    The Tango Down stuff is pretty good.
    But the 2-in-1 versatility of the Grip-Pod is very hard to beat.
    True it's kinda ugly, but when you hit the prone position and suddenly your rifle is 90% more stable at the push of a button...you'll forget all about Tango Down.
    Last edited by swampdragon; 07-25-2010 at 11:54 PM.

ADMIN | LOGIC POLICE RJ Shooter's Avatar

I'd buy a GripPod if they weren't so large. That's the only reason I've never bought one.
    The Guns Network | Often Imitated - Never Duplicated!
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

swampdragon
    Quote Originally Posted by RJ Shooter View Post
    I'd buy a GripPod if they weren't so large. That's the only reason I've never bought one.
    That's what "she" said...

Rotflmao!
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

swampdragon
    Rotflmao!

YOu get used to it, and it's less obtrusivew than a VFG and a seperate bi-pod.
    "if you jokers can't handle Bluedog's comments you are nothing but a bunch of woosies. There's a real simple way of solving your frustration. There is a place for you to click on called "Log Out" in the upper right portion of your monitor screen while you are at this website. Just click on that and don't ever log back in here and your problems are solved." --Pogo

Well, as of now, I'm still leaning toward the Harris. One of the reason I want it is to help sight in my optics to the utmost of their ability, whatever they may be. Once zeroed to their most efficient performance possible due to my own limitation, I could see myself ditching the bipod all together. Also, where I like to keep my bipod is no where near where I like to keep my forward grip.

OTOH, I have another carbine that the grip pod would be perfect for; should I ever decide to put a forward grip on it.

I will investigate the other bipods before buying the Harris. Perhaps I will like one of them better. But for now, I'm thinkin' Harris is the way to go.

Again, I probably won't order it for another month. So, I'll have plenty of time to research.

Thanks to all who answered.

Rage

Quote Originally Posted by American Rage View Post
    Anyone want to tell me why some fold their bipods forward?

Rage
    The instructions say to install the bipod so that it folds forward. I was in WY in early June shooting prairie dogs. We did most of it laying prone with bipods. With the Harris bi-pod mounted to fold forward, you can dig the feet in a little and push the gun forward with your shoulder to get a really tight solid grip on the rifle with little movement. If the bi-pod were mounted to fold rearward, it would just fold in when you did this.

Quote Originally Posted by JoshD522 View Post
    The instructions say to install the bipod so that it folds forward. I was in WY in early June shooting prairie dogs. We did most of it laying prone with bipods. With the Harris bi-pod mounted to fold forward, you can dig the feet in a little and push the gun forward with your shoulder to get a really tight solid grip on the rifle with little movement. If the bi-pod were mounted to fold rearward, it would just fold in when you did this.
    Excellent point on your very first post!
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Please forgive this minor hyjack, but what kind of handguard is that?
    US Constitution: Article 1 Section 8 Paragraph 4

The Congress shall have Power To establish an uniform Rule of Naturalization

Quote Originally Posted by L1A1Rocker View Post
    Please forgive this minor hyjack, but what kind of handguard is that?
    Are you talking about the quadrail or the bipod? I ask b/c I don't see any handguard at all, just a quadrail with bipod attached.

Rage

Quote Originally Posted by American Rage View Post
    Are you talking about the quadrail or the bipod? I ask b/c I don't see any handguard at all, just a quadrail with bipod attached.

Rage
    A quad-rail is guarding you hand from the barrel, so, it is a hanguard and an integral part of the entire stockset...
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A quad-rail is guarding you hand from the barrel, so, it is a hanguard and an integral part of the entire stockset...
    Yes, but my quadrail came with these little slip-on pads that act as 'handguards' b/c the metal quadrail can be a bit uncomfy, especially when firing in the summer. Frankly, I'm confused as to what L1A1 is asking.

Rage

Those are actually "Rail Protectors" or "Rail Covers" or "Rail Panels."

I'm not sure why it's so confusing. He's wanting to know how makes your free float handguard!!! Or, if you need it more simplified, your RAIL SYSTEM.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

It's a rifle length Midwest Industries T12 free floating handguard.

Excellent point on your very first post!
    Thanks! It is really my first post since the site came back up. I had bookmarked the forums page of the old site. That URL doesn't work on the new site. The other night, I just decided to try deleting everything after gunsnet.net and found this new site!

As I mentioned, I have the Harris bipod in 9-13" with leg notches. It works great for shooting prone. I'm glad I got the leg notches. I have no complaints with this bipod. My friend has had one just like it and highly recommended it. I have it on a Rem. 700 in .308.

It's a rifle length Midwest Industries T12 free floating handguard.
    Thanks. I've got a Midwest too but it looks very different from the front. It is a take apart design that has a block on the end that everything screws down to. Guess they changed the design, I like yours much better!
    US Constitution: Article 1 Section 8 Paragraph 4

The Congress shall have Power To establish an uniform Rule of Naturalization

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast