Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How many of youse guys own an old car or truck?

Team GunsNet Silver 04/2014 El Jefe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    The only old car I have is a 1974 VW Thing. It's in almost new condition and all original. All I had to do was replace the clutch and fix a couple of oil leaks. Other than that, nothing. It runs like a champ.

Dang Ali, that thing is clean as a whistle.............nice.

Testing new pic posting with pics of my new project! Not really old old, but it's definately old school! An all mechanical cummins 6bt 12valve, just like I have lusted after for years!

The Milkman

So, Gov, are you pulling the Cummins to rebuild it? That's got to be one of the better engines ever offered in a pickup truck.

Yeah, I replaced the main bearings, and the oil pan, which had a small dent and some rust starting. I drove the truck from Louisville Kentucky, (I went to the Knob Creek machine gun shoot!) to Phenix City Alabama on one tank of fuel, 510 miles, averaged 24 mpg@85mph

I'm gonna put new glass all around the truck, then run my exhaust through the hood, right off the turbo. But I'm still fixin the little things first, gauges, AC, etc, etc. Do you like my 78 dollar paint job?
    The Milkman

So that's flat paint, not primer? Damn 24 mpg out of a full size pickup is outstanding. I wish my F150 got that kind of mileage.

Can't have an old car thread without the Charger:
    "if you jokers can't handle Bluedog's comments you are nothing but a bunch of woosies. There's a real simple way of solving your frustration. There is a place for you to click on called "Log Out" in the upper right portion of your monitor screen while you are at this website. Just click on that and don't ever log back in here and your problems are solved." --Pogo

Yeah I remember your Charger Bluedog, that's probably the best body style for them IMHO.

Yours is a really nice example.

What's the drivetrain in it?

Over-bored 318 Polysphere "semi-hemi", with EDL 650, Mopar electronic ignition, dual exhaust, hi performance cam, 727 trans, Sure grip rear axle. Pretty much all new. It's not a 12 second car (more like a high 14) but it's fun.
    "if you jokers can't handle Bluedog's comments you are nothing but a bunch of woosies. There's a real simple way of solving your frustration. There is a place for you to click on called "Log Out" in the upper right portion of your monitor screen while you are at this website. Just click on that and don't ever log back in here and your problems are solved." --Pogo

Team GunsNet Gold 07/2012 / Super Moderator Gunreference1's Avatar

Gov, is that a '91 Ram?
    After today, it's all historical.

Team GunsNet Gold 07/2012 / Super Moderator Gunreference1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedog View Post
    Over-bored 318 Polysphere "semi-hemi", with EDL 650, Mopar electronic ignition, dual exhaust, hi performance cam, 727 trans, Sure grip rear axle. Pretty much all new. It's not a 12 second car (more like a high 14) but it's fun.
    Very Classy!
    After today, it's all historical.

Lol, yeah you'd have to force a lot of fuel and air through a big block to get a Charger to run a 12 second quarter. It's not exactly a Vega or something light. But to me that's cool because your car makes a much nicer cruiser and would be far more comfortable. At one time in the mid 80's I had a 67 Camero and a 63 Impala, the bigger Impala was much more comfortable to take on road trips and such. Yet another car I should have kept.

My car is no slouch, and handles surprsingly well, but anything I do to it, I can do the same to a RoadRunner or a Duster, and the later car will always be faster. Not as cool, but faster.

My car is no slouch, and handles surprsingly well, but anything I do to it, I can do the same to a RoadRunner or a Duster, and the later car will always be faster. Not as cool, but faster.
    Wouldn't a Duster weigh a bit less than even a Roadrunner?

And your Charger will get you more speeding tickets than you want to pay anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Jefferson View Post
    Wouldn't a Duster weigh a bit less than even a Roadrunner?

And your Charger will get you more speeding tickets than you want to pay anyway.
    Yeah, the Duster is way lighter!

Quote Originally Posted by Gunreference1 View Post
    Gov, is that a '91 Ram?
    Yessir, 1991 D250, LE, 5spd, AC, power windows and locks. And yes that is flat black, not primer. No local shops would do a flat paint, so I did it myself, and it looks pretty good, I think.
    The Milkman

Quote Originally Posted by renegadebuck View Post
    Yeah, the Duster is way lighter!
    True, but the fastest factory built muscle car ever tested, other than a 427 Cobra, was a Roadrunner. Sorry to all you 'Cuda fanboys, but the Roadrunner beat your time and speed in the 1/4.

True, but the fastest factory built muscle car ever tested, other than a 427 Cobra, was a Roadrunner. Sorry to all you 'Cuda fanboys, but the Roadrunner beat your time and speed in the 1/4.
    It won't stay with the aftermarket ones. Too heavy to run with the big built dogs!

I wouldn't consider it old, mainly because it is quite a bit younger than me, but here it is.

1978 Ford E250 QuadraVan (Pathfinder conversion). It runs a 460, C6 with an NP205 and Dana 44's. I have added an Edelbrock performer carb and intake a crower cam and some long tube headers. It may not be the fastest thing on the road, but if I could get traction it will climb a wall.

bob

Woman Shows Off Car Nearly Half A Century Old

Here's a link you will enjoy. A 91 yr old woman has a car that she has been driving for 50 years! She's the original owner and it's STILL on the original motor with over 500,000 miles on it! (This is a video clip from the local news.)
    http://news.yahoo.com/video/milwakee...y-old-20858533
    Last edited by JTHunter; 07-16-2010 at 12:51 AM. Reason: grammatical error
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Jefferson, have you tried Craigslist? www.craigslist.org

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast