Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How many of youse guys own an old car or truck?

Team GunsNet Silver 04/2014 El Jefe's Avatar

How many of youse guys own an old car or truck?

I've been looking for an old hoopty for my sons and I to play with but haven't bought anything yet.

What I'd love to find is a 1957 Ford, F100, styleside, shortbed that isn't too rough or been molested. Oddly enough I'd actually prefer an inline 6 with a 3 speed column shift.

Thus far I've had no luck.

I've got a '78 Lincoln Mark V. Its ALOT of fun. I monitor EBAY weekly. Just go to EBAY motors and do a search by zip code and sort by newer listings. You can select within 25, 50, 100 miles or whatever...
    Face your fear, accept your war.

Yeah, I've monitoring ebay almost daily for about 6 months, but haven't seen one like I want yet. I have seen several 58-60 F100's that would fit the bill, but no 57's.

It's just my luck that the year I really like is hard to locate. The only Ford pickup I like more than the 57 is the 1940 model and those are real spendy.

I have a 1989 F250 .

Ford =

Quote Originally Posted by Jefferson View Post
    Ford =
    I have a 71 F100, a 57 Pontiac Superchief, a 69 Mustang, a 72 Challenger 340, 3 Dusters, 2 Demons, ect.

Quote Originally Posted by renegadebuck View Post
    a 72 Challenger 340

I really really appreciate a nice MOPAR.
    Face your fear, accept your war.

I've got a '61 International Scout sitting in the garage. It's a work-in-progress that hasn't been progressing recently.

I have a 76 Monte Carlo that I haven't done a damn thing to in about 5 years. No time or money to sink into it. Also I've come to the realization that the car needs too much body work and I might as well find a shell somewhere before i bother with anything else.

I have a 71 F100, a 57 Pontiac Superchief, a 69 Mustang, a 72 Challenger 340, 3 Dusters, 2 Demons, ect.
    Damn Buck, pretty impressive. What's up with the 57 Pontiac, is it drivable?

Team GunsNet Silver 07/2011 Sherman's Avatar

I have a 67 Chevy pickup. Rebuilt the motor and put in a 6 speed manual from a Camaro in it. Dont drive it much.

Damn Buck, pretty impressive. What's up with the 57 Pontiac, is it drivable?
    Thanks!
    Not at the moment. I bought it from the origional owner (ex-old ladies dad). The interior is good and the rest is solid other than the trunk and hood lids, they're thin. It has the 190hp V-8 in it that set the world speed record in 57 at Daytona in it and AC,PS,PB,and PW factory. It's the next one in the shop to get redone after the Mustang leaves, or someone else buys it.
    Her dad bought it new, drove it until he couldn't figure out what was wrong with it, built a garage around it and it sat there until I bought it. I'm thinking about streching it and making a limo out of it. I haven't decided for sure yet. What do you think?

Thanks!
    Not at the moment. I bought it from the origional owner (ex-old ladies dad). The interior is good and the rest is solid other than the trunk and hood lids, they're thin. It has the 190hp V-8 in it that set the world speed record in 57 at Daytona in it and AC,PS,PB,and PW factory. It's the next one in the shop to get redone after the Mustang leaves, or someone else buys it.
    Her dad bought it new, drove it until he couldn't figure out what was wrong with it, built a garage around it and it sat there until I bought it. I'm thinking about streching it and making a limo out of it. I haven't decided for sure yet. What do you think?
    Well, I'm probably the wrong guy to ask. Personally I like my old cars as close to stock as possible. I passed on a good buy of a 59 Ford pickup because the guy had put a Chevy engine in it, plus when he redid everything it wasn't the factory color nor was the enterior right.

But all that said, hell it's your car, you should do what suits you.

I once owned a 69 Stang when I was a young dude, loved that car and should have never sold it.

Well, I'm probably the wrong guy to ask. Personally I like my old cars as close to stock as possible. I passed on a good buy of a 59 Ford pickup because the guy had put a Chevy engine in it, plus when he redid everything it wasn't the factory color nor was the enterior right.

But all that said, hell it's your car, you should do what suits you.

I once owned a 69 Stang when I was a young dude, loved that car and should have never sold it.
    I wouldn't stretch it, but it's a 4 door. I just have a thing about too many doors. If it must have 4, it might as well have a purpose. I thought about making it into a 2 door when I bought it, but I haven't been able to find a 2 door to take measurements from. The problem is that even if I keep it stock, it probably won't be worth the cost of restoration. If it was a 2 door now, that would be a different story!
    I have the Mustang sold, just have to finish a few minor things, brakes, engine and exhaust. That's kinda deceptive. I rebuilt the engine already, but had to remove one head as dirt daubers built nests in 2 of the cylinders. Just my luck!

Mark Ducati
    I'm in the market for an old 70's Jeep CJ5... I'd like something without a computer that's 4 wheel drive for when the EMP blast hits.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Ducati View Post
    I'm in the market for an old 70's Jeep CJ5... I'd like something without a computer that's 4 wheel drive for when the EMP blast hits.
    Here ya go Mark.... http://www.countryclassiccars.com/tr...sptrucks_9.htm

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

The only old car I have is a 1974 VW Thing. It's in almost new condition and all original. All I had to do was replace the clutch and fix a couple of oil leaks. Other than that, nothing. It runs like a champ.

Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2011 a-kmanator's Avatar

I got an old '67 malibu with a small block 357,trickflow heads,lakewood blowproof bell housing,4 speed,inline hurst ratchet shifter,line lock,12 bolt 331 gears,shitty drum brakes,no headliner,lakewood ladderbars,bench seats,magic marker flamesside pipes are on the way.....kman

Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2011 a-kmanator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    The only old car I have is a 1974 VW Thing. It's in almost new condition and all original. All I had to do was replace the clutch and fix a couple of oil leaks. Other than that, nothing. It runs like a champ.

That "thing" is mint!....very nice!...I always wanted to get one and camo it out with a mg42 mounted in the back.
    Last edited by a-kmanator; 07-13-2010 at 10:17 PM.

Senior Member sniper_n_training's Avatar

I run my 1985 Chevy Blazer as a daily driver. Sure, I only have to drive it 22 miles a day and the gas mileage sucks big-time. Why Chevy threw a 2.8 V6 into a Blazer is a big WTF for me, but hey, 155k miles and its still going strong.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast