Thread: WA - A proposed gun law for WA that makes sense

Team GunsNet Gold 07/2012 / Super Moderator Gunreference1's Avatar

Post WA - A proposed gun law for WA that makes sense

Dave Workman
    Seattle Gun Rights Examiner

A proposed gun law for WA that makes sense

January 4th, 2011 8:05 am PT

A proposed amendment to an existing state statute that could have a significant impact on outdoor shooting ranges now suffering from human encroachment, and indoor ranges located in urban and suburban settings is being sponsored by State Rep. Brian Blake and several other lawmakers from both sides of the aisle (a signal that state lawmakers understand their sole authority over gun laws and are not about to let that be eroded, as we discussed here last week and here yesterday).

When the Legislature convenes next week, expect HB 1016 to raise a few eyebrows among gun prohibitionists, who may start squawking about making it easier for criminals to mask their crimes.

To read the rest of the story click the link below.

http://www.examiner.com/gun-rights-i...at-makes-sense

Steve
    After today, it's all historical.

Team GunsNet Gold 07/2012 / Super Moderator Gunreference1's Avatar

BREAKING: Gregoire signs suppressor legislation

April 11th, 2011 2:40 pm PT .

Dave Workman
    Seattle Gun Rights Examiner

Gov. Christine Gregoire today signed legislation that will allow Washington residents to not only own suppressors but now be able to actually use them.

Henceforth, it will be legal for residents who obtain the necessary paperwork and pay the federal tax – that is, comply with applicable federal law – to take their legally-owned suppressors to indoor and outdoor gun ranges and actually use them. This may also reduce problems in the outdoors, where many traditional shooting areas that are not developed ranges have been closed due to complaints primarily based on noise.

To read the rest of the story click the link below.

http://www.examiner.com/gun-rights-i...or-legislation

Steve
    After today, it's all historical.

wish

wish that were the case it every state. I used to go to a range on private land. an actual range, built up for shooting. still got complaints. neighbors thought more that 4 shots per hour were too many. could be full auto they said. not fair to the animals we were not hunting.
    Norris/Nugent 2012
    We'll kick their ass. Then shoot 'em.

I was just scratching it!