Thread: Mossberg 500 picture thread

Mossberg 500 picture thread

I really hope none of these look purple (they aren't)...

Lately I've been running into deals with Mossberg 500's over the last few weeks. It all started with finding the 8 shot/20 inch for $150 at a pawn shop, then came the rifled slugster and finally the 18.5 inch which originally came with a hardwood stock and the 28VR barrel.

Yesterday at a show I found a 28 inch plain barrel which I cut down to 18.5 inches (moving the bead back as well) that should make a handy home defense model. I also took the rifled slug barrel to the show and traded even up for a smooth bore slug barrel, while I came out on the bad end of that dead I prefer the smooth bore over a rifled tube. I also had a friend who had a Maverick with a plastic stock that wanted the wood off of mine so we traded that around as well.

So far I got just under $400 in all 3 which should make my sons happy at some point I do have one question, two of these are drilled and tapped for a scope mount anyone know when Mossberg started doing this?

Last edited by mriddick; 07-25-2010 at 10:53 AM.

Moderator & Team Gunsnet SILVER 01/2011 AKTexas's Avatar

No pimp chain,no Kools,no steak knife,no money,no piss stained mattress...and best of all no purple shottie.

This must be the first Mossberg 500 thread.I have not seen a decent shotgun in a pawn shop in a long time.
    NRA, TSRA, GUN OWNERS OF AMERICA
    BEING THE MODERATOR OF THE ROADHOUSE IS LIKE BEING THE JANITOR OF A PEEP SHOW.

They aren't my favorite shotguns but at $100-150 how could I say no

As for the kools, the piss stained mattress and chain sling I figure someone will be around to post the famous Fred picture soon enough so I won't

Moderator & Team Gunsnet SILVER 01/2011 AKTexas's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mriddick View Post
    They aren't my favorite shotguns but at $100-150 how could I say no

As for the kools, the piss stained mattress and chain sling I figure someone will be around to post the famous Fred picture soon enough so I won't
    I don't have that pic so it won't be me.And yeah for the cheap cost of one you did right by buying them up.

I have one defense shotgun right now.A $150 gunshow find police turn in R870 Police Magnum.I still want a Mossberg 590 just to mount a bayonet on one.
    NRA, TSRA, GUN OWNERS OF AMERICA
    BEING THE MODERATOR OF THE ROADHOUSE IS LIKE BEING THE JANITOR OF A PEEP SHOW.

**Team GunsNet SILVER 12/2014** skorpion's Avatar

This one I don't own any more, as I traded it for a 1976 Ford F100 chassis, which I later sold for $350:

The pen is mightier than the sword, but only when you're shoving it through your enemy's throat.
    USMC Active Duty, 2004-2008
    Gunsnet Member since January 2003