Thread: 6 dead, 4 wounded in Albuquerque shooting

Thumbs down 6 dead, 4 wounded in Albuquerque shooting

ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. – A gunman opened fire at an Albuquerque fiber optics manufacturer on Monday, killing five people and wounding four others before turning the gun on himself in what police said was a domestic violence dispute.

The shooting at Emcore Corp. appeared to involve the 37-year-old gunman's ex-wife or girlfriend, police Chief Ray Schultz said. It was not immediately clear whether she was among the dead. Schultz said the gunman was a former employee.

Chaos unfolded as the gunman opened fire, sending employees fleeing for cover as police locked down the entire neighborhood. Police said 85 employees were later taken to a community center for interviews with detectives.

Six victims were taken to University of New Mexico Hospital, spokesman Billy Sparks said. One was dead on arrival, one died in the operating room and one was still in surgery but expected to be transferred to intensive care soon.
    More: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_office_shooting
    The 2nd Amendment : Washington didn't use his right to free speech to defeat the British, he shot them.

Here we go again. I know that concealed carry permits are easily obtain in New Mexico. I wonder if the company that this unfortunate event happened at allows concealed weapon on the property. I'm leaning toward no. I not saying the outcome would have been different if someone could have defended him or herself, but you never know!

Team GunsNet Silver 04/2014 El Jefe's Avatar

It's hard to guard against crazy. Laws certainly don't work.

Guns Network Lifetime Membership 01/2011 old Grump's Avatar

A little hut in the woods near Blue River Wisconsin
    Good thing it was a secure building and everybody was unarmed. It would have been a shame if the gunman had gotten hurt before he managed to kill the sheep and himself. And Security was where doing what?

Roman Catholic, Life Member of American Legion, VFW, Wisconsin Libertarian party, Wi-FORCE, WGO, NRA, JPFO, GOA, SAF and CCRKBA

"THE STATE THAT SEPARATES ITS SCHOLARS FROM IT WARRIORS WILL HAVE ITS THINKING DONE BY COWARDS AND ITS FIGHTING DONE BY FOOLS"

THUCYDIDES.