Thread: Infraction for Joey: Out of Line Post

Infraction for Joey: Out of Line Post

Post: ARIZONA MASS MURDERER JARED LOUGHNER IS A CRAZED LEFT WINGER WHO READS MARX AND HITLE
    User: Joey
    Infraction: Out of Line Post

Administrative Note:
    I have explained myself on the thread

Message to User:
    Do not post that kind of diatribe ever again in this online community.

That post of your is quite pathetic and show maybe you are not what we are looking for in a member.

Guns Network Staff

Original Post:
    Quote Originally Posted by HDR View Post
    When the Left prints their opinion without facts are we supposed to say nothing??
    Of course not. This is a discussion forum. You say what you think, I say what I think. If we obey the rules of the site - keep it legal, e.g. no death threats, and foul-mouthed abuse in the Road House - we can say what we want.

But if I get a foul-mouthed cyber-abuser after me, or a death-threat issuer, or a censor trying to undermine the Gunsnet free speech tradition, or some ridiculous "troll sniffer" I'll react.

Quote Originally Posted by Guns Network Staff View Post
    Post: ARIZONA MASS MURDERER JARED LOUGHNER IS A CRAZED LEFT WINGER WHO READS MARX AND HITLE
    User: Joey
    Infraction: Out of Line Post

Administrative Note:

Message to User:

Original Post:
    I can only hope he is gone for good.

Thank god. I don't think he ever talked about guns. All he ever said what how messed up all us yanks are and how much better Europe is.
    "I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it." -Voltaire

“It’s not the Gun in Gun Control that bothers me. It’s the Control" -Nimbly

"A cop is to heavy to carry in my pocket, that is why I carry a gun" -unknown

Ron Paul - 2012

"Woe to you, Oh Earth and Sea, for the Devil sends the beast with wrath, because he knows the time is short...
    Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast for it is a human number,
    its number is Six hundred and sixty six."

Iron Maiden

Guns Network Lifetime Membership 01/2011 old Grump's Avatar

A little hut in the woods near Blue River Wisconsin
    Golleee, you guys are sure thin skinned. Have you considered debate with a sense of humor instead of just automatically flying off the handle. Both sides might benefit.

Roman Catholic, Life Member of American Legion, VFW, Wisconsin Libertarian party, Wi-FORCE, WGO, NRA, JPFO, GOA, SAF and CCRKBA

"THE STATE THAT SEPARATES ITS SCHOLARS FROM IT WARRIORS WILL HAVE ITS THINKING DONE BY COWARDS AND ITS FIGHTING DONE BY FOOLS"

THUCYDIDES.

On a hill with the view of the rest of my life.
    Quote Originally Posted by old Grump View Post
    Golleee, you guys are sure thin skinned. Have you considered debate with a sense of humor instead of just automatically flying off the handle. Both sides might benefit.
    +1

We have an ignore button, or don't we?
    Trying to get on the no fly list, one post at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by old Grump View Post

A sense of humor?
    How can a person have a sense of humor when a troll implies members here were responsible and quite capable of murdering that little girl?
    I find no humor at all in that implication.

Quote Originally Posted by Joey View Post
    Was Jared Lee Loughner a Gunsnet member? If he was then the FBI will be all over this site like a rash.

Okay, millions of Americans own guns and only a small percentage are members of Gunsnet. But if Loughner's been ranting here about federal mind control, the need for a new "currency" or demanding "second amendment solutions" could someone link to it please?

If I see anyone on this site who is clearly insane I'm going to start pressing the 'report post' button. It could save the life of a 9 yr old girl.

Christina-Taylor Green, born September 11, 2001, murdered by Jared Lee Loughner on January 8, 2011
    Last edited by Blacksmith; 01-11-2011 at 08:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksmith View Post
    A sense of humor?
    How can a person have a sense of humor when a troll implies members here were responsible and quite capable of murdering that little girl?
    I find no humor at all in that implication.
    Actually he had a point. We jump pretty hard on anybody who goes off the deep end and starts threatening anybody with that kind of crap. If we didn't we would be looked at hard and that was what he was alluding to. But blaming gunsnet for gun atrocities is right up there with trying to say the NRA is responsible for seeing to it that criminals are allowed to get guns. It's so far from reality it can be dismissed just like UFO and Big Foot sightings. Only a greenhorn would make that mistake, not anybody with real history on the site. I don't know how many sites I am registered on but I hit 8 everyday and consider this my homesite, None of those sites I post on would countenance that kind of behavior, If they did I wouldn't be on them. Pointing that out to Joey instead of going all hysterical would have worked just as well and you wouldn't have had to go find your blood pressure pills.

Ask anybody who still does Politics Worldwide. Dan from Boston used to follow me around religously disputing everything I had to say on the subject of gun ownership and why it was not only a good idea but a right that should not be restricted in anyway. He kept pulling up these study's from various so called prestigious groups proving how bad guns were and what was wrong with us gun people in general. I destroyed every one of his arguments with facts and now he doesn't even post on any of my comments. Point mine. I just wore the silly little blithering idiot down. Joey and I don't agree all that often and Marxist Nutter and I never agree but we enjoy crossing swords so to speak. Nobody gets excited and it forces me to research and formulate my answers carefully.

If we get looked at it won't be for our gun policy but for comments like mine where I call for the disbanding of half the government alphabet agencies and a pox on both parties. If there is a dangerous reactionary on here it would be me they look at for my politics, not us guys shooting targets and talking about modifying guns or developing loads. I do that on every sight I am on and have been edited a few times on a couple of sites, they are stricter about my rants than you guys are here but this Old Grump ain't changing his tune or backing down from anybody.

Just my dos centavos

Roman Catholic, Life Member of American Legion, VFW, Wisconsin Libertarian party, Wi-FORCE, WGO, NRA, JPFO, GOA, SAF and CCRKBA

"THE STATE THAT SEPARATES ITS SCHOLARS FROM IT WARRIORS WILL HAVE ITS THINKING DONE BY COWARDS AND ITS FIGHTING DONE BY FOOLS"

THUCYDIDES.

I think Gunsnet has had it's share of attention by the alphabet soup agences already. And some wanabe's too. I'm thinking of "peacmaker/dealmaker"
    US Constitution: Article 1 Section 8 Paragraph 4

The Congress shall have Power To establish an uniform Rule of Naturalization

Let them look, I for one won't post anything that I wouldn't or haven't said to their face. Hard to believe but some of those guys including one particular deputy sheriff don't much care for me. Most of the posts here fall under the free speech category and those who threaten violence and anybody in particular get their asses handed to him by the gunsnet community.

If and I know this is really hard to believe but it has happened, but if somebody disagrees with me, (perish the thought), we get a little give and take going. No bruises and everybody sleeps in their own bed that night no matter how acrimonious some of the discussions can get. If you can't stand a little ribbing and off the wall comments rub you the wrong way sending you into a frenzy then there is a site that will calm you down. It features a large purple dinosaur and he sings about loving each other (in the platonic sense of course).

Just my dos centavos from a dinosaur, (gray not purple)

THUCYDIDES.

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by L1A1Rocker View Post
    I think Gunsnet has had it's share of attention by the alphabet soup agences already. And some wanabe's too. I'm thinking of "peacmaker/dealmaker"
    What happened with that?

I remember the guy posting years ago, then he's gone and everyone hates him. I knew it was something to do with the ATF.

Iron Pumping Bastard aliceinchains's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyPertwee View Post
    What happened with that?

I remember the guy posting years ago, then he's gone and everyone hates him. I knew it was something to do with the ATF.

He was just a kid and was talking about wanting to be an ATF agent. Last time i talked to him on the phone which was years ago his mother was in bad health.
    I am sitting in my angry chair!

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyPertwee View Post
    What happened with that?

IIRC
    It ended when him and another member were in a flame war. Peacemaker took it upon himself to post the personal information of his adversary.
    Needless to say, that did not go over well.