Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 7.62 NATO AR Question

7.62 NATO AR Question

I cannot remember....

Was there a company making 7.62 NATO AR's that used FAL mags?
    Skäl
    "Where you recognize evil, speak out against it, and give no truces to your enemies." - 'Havamal'.

Moderator & Team Gunsnet SILVER 01/2011 AKTexas's Avatar

Bushmaster once did,now I think it is Rock River Arms.

http://www.rockriverarms.com/index.c...ategory_id=402

I like this one here.

http://www.rockriverarms.com/index.c...ategory_id=400
    Last edited by AKTexas; 07-25-2010 at 04:25 PM.
    NRA, TSRA, GUN OWNERS OF AMERICA
    BEING THE MODERATOR OF THE ROADHOUSE IS LIKE BEING THE JANITOR OF A PEEP SHOW.

Team GunsNet Gold 07/2012 / Super Moderator Gunreference1's Avatar

Last edited by Gunreference1; 07-25-2010 at 04:37 PM.
    After today, it's all historical.

My LAR-8

Quote Originally Posted by Zoff12 View Post
    I cannot remember....

Was there a company making 7.62 NATO AR's that used FAL mags?
    Yes RRA makes a fine AR10 type weapon that takes either metric or inch FAL mags, sure beats the hell out of paying $60 bucks a mag from Armalight or even slightly lower prices from there competitors. They renamed ther verson the LAR-8, and it is dead balls reliable and a tack driver.

Her's a few pics of mine...

I love mine and highly reccomend one, best value and cheepest mags on the market.
    "I will never fail my comrades"

Sweet!
    Skäl
    "Where you recognize evil, speak out against it, and give no truces to your enemies." - 'Havamal'.

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Uh Warlord, I know that is your rifle, but it sure looks like an AR15 and not an LAR-8. That M16 mag sure does not look like an FAL mag. Or is that a 30 round FAL mag????

Seriously, where did you find a 30 round FAL mag and is it reliable?

Quote Originally Posted by imanaknut View Post
    Uh Warlord, I know that is your rifle, but it sure looks like an AR15 and not an LAR-8. That M16 mag sure does not look like an FAL mag. Or is that a 30 round FAL mag????
    Looks just like the 30rd FAL mag I have.
    Skäl

In one of the pics you can see the RRA logo.

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    I know, I was just joking about the mag! I have not had the luck to run into any trustworthy 30 round FAL mags. I would like to know if it functions enough to be fully trustworthy and where to get one, or two, or ...

I know, I was just joking about the mag! I have not had the luck to run into any trustworthy 30 round FAL mags. I would like to know if it functions enough to be fully trustworthy and where to get one, or two, or ...
    Gotcha,I think DSA sells those mags but can't say what the price is.

Team GunsNet Silver 07/2012 NewbieAKguy's Avatar

I thought cmmg made lowers to take FAL mags....nope, just checked. They make lowers that will take dpms mags and g3 mags.
    "The God who gave us life, gave us liberty at the same time; the hand of force may destroy, but cannot disjoin them. ... Can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are the gift of God? That they are not to be violated but with His wrath? Indeed I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just: that his justice cannot sleep for ever."--Thomas Jefferson

Seriously, where did you find a 30 round FAL mag and is it reliable?
    Yea Nut it's a 30 round inch FAL mag (unissued), works great and locks back after the last round, got 2 on Gun Broker NIW. I also got 20 NIW 20 round Israeli metric mags for $200 delivered, can't beat that. Not only is the lo cost mags a huge +, but the fact that I live behind the lines and can only own pre ban high cap mags made the RRA LAR-8 a no brainer. Another + is I get to beat the bastards at there own game, boooooooooyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!
    "I will never fail my comrades"

http://www.cmmginc.com

I know you asked about FAL Mags, Bushmaster and RRA are the only ones making them... but CMMG makes them that will take DPMS/SR25/Armalite mags and G3 mags...

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Ducati View Post
    http://www.cmmginc.com

I know you asked about FAL Mags, Bushmaster and RRA are the only ones making them... but CMMG makes them that will take DPMS/SR25/Armalite mags and G3 mags...
    I like the G3 option,I still have 40 of those $1 mags sitting in a crate.

I have one of the old model Bushmaster AR-10s. Bushmaster discontinued making them after about 2 years and Rock River picked up the model. Actually if I understand correctly Bushmaster was originally marketing the Rock River rifle under their name and Rock River now makes the rifle in their own name. Love mine.

Scott
    Always Remember:
    A firearm is only an instrument. It contains no evil, no conscience, and no ability. It is strictly the intent, competence, and character of its user that decide the outcome of any and all actions taken with it.
    (I don't know who to credit but I like the quote.)

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

7.62 Nato and .308 Winchester are the same. never heard of 308 win mag. Do you mean 300 win mag? 300 win mag is NOT the same. Much bigger cartridge.
    Last edited by Gunreference1; 09-08-2010 at 05:16 AM. Reason: Link appears to be spam?

Team GunsNet Gold 07/2012 / Super Moderator Gunreference1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by darrween483 View Post
    7.62 Nato and .308 Winchester are the same. never heard of 308 win mag. Do you mean 300 win mag? 300 win mag is NOT the same. Much bigger cartridge.
    darrween, who mentioned a .308 Win. Mag.? Also, the 7.62 NATO and the .308 Win. really are not the same.

http://www.thegunzone.com/30cal.html

Steve
    After today, it's all historical.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by darrween483 View Post
    To the point of 7.62 NATO and .308 being exactly the same, not quite but they are close in physical dimensions. 7.62 N can be longer than .308 case length also on pressures the 7.62 N is loaded to about 48,000 psi where as .308 can hit 60,000 psi. Self loading weapons designed around the 48K pressure can not tollerate the 60K pressures of .308 civilian ammo for long. Damage to the weapon is a serious possibility. Is it going to blow up, no probably not. The damage will come to the recoil and buffering components and or extractors and ejectors.

Magpul is making a Pmag that fits:

* Mk11 / M110
    * KAC SR25
    * DPMS LR308
    * LMT 7.62 MRP
    * LaRue Tactical OBR
    * LWRC REPR
    * POF P-308
    Also, the ORIGINAL AR10, NOT the current production Armalite version. It costs $20 or less. The DPMS/ Stoner mag will soon be the standard for .308 ARs.
    http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2...mm-pmag-20-lr/
    "if you jokers can't handle Bluedog's comments you are nothing but a bunch of woosies. There's a real simple way of solving your frustration. There is a place for you to click on called "Log Out" in the upper right portion of your monitor screen while you are at this website. Just click on that and don't ever log back in here and your problems are solved." --Pogo

Well that is a nice looking AR. I have never really liked the AR but that is tempting to look into.
    Doobie Doobie Doo..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast