Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Spiked coffee for EVERYONE!!!!

On a hill with the view of the rest of my life.
    Test

No workie...
    Last edited by btcave; 01-16-2011 at 01:10 AM.
    Trying to get on the no fly list, one post at a time.

Brian, great pics! Is that one of those firetowers you worked on?

Also Brian, you know that Dodge truck owners suffer from premature ejaculation, don't you? While they're cummin, Ford owners are still powerstroking!
    If I weren't supposed to shoot guns, why did God give me trigger fingers?

There's a point in your life when you get tired of trying to fix everything and trying to make everyone happy. When you finally decide to quit, it's NOT giving up. It's realizing you don't need certain people and the bullshit they bring to your life.

Life is too short to drink bad coffee!

The tax man will love me. I took money out of my 401K to buy a house, looks like were closing this month. Thats ok, I am paying 60K below market in a great area.

Kathy, where are you going. My ex lives in Conn. some where, with his current wife.
    will this area be friendlier to your getting elected.

This is Gold Butte lookout. This is one of the lookouts that the Sand Mountain Society (of which I am a member) restored from a mothball state. I get the privlege of opening and closing it every spring and fall. I was in the process of closing it down when I herniated that disc in my back. We also work in conjunction with the Forest Service to staff three lookouts during fire season to look for fires. I go up to Sand Mountain and watch for fires occasionally as one of the volunteers that gives the payed lookout a 4 day break every 10 days. Being alone up there this summer was wonderful medicine after coming home from Iraq with the Oregon National Guard.

It is now a rental. http://www.recreation.gov/camping/Go...O&parkId=75520

Last edited by btcave; 01-16-2011 at 01:00 PM.

63- That's funny! Haha!

Kathy- Congrats on the house!

Hedning- That is too much taken from your own people for the "community". I'm surprised your people aren't rioting in tax revolt! You bought a Dodge? Just like my sister...
    Last edited by btcave; 01-16-2011 at 12:01 PM.

Brain, that is beautiful!

It never fails! I get carried away in the moment, and post or say something that I wouldn't say around the ladies, and they overhear. I apologize to anyone who I may have offended.

Brian, here's my truck. I took the picture at Ocean Shores last summer.

2004 F-250, XLT Sport, 4X4, Crewcab, 6.0L diesel.

Almost forgot! Last night, I ran across a truck that looks almost identical to mine. It belongs to the local State Patrol office! His has the hidden blue and red lights, 4 inch exhaust, ARP head studs, stage II injectors, and reprogrammed. The suspension was also reworked for better handling. I guess they figures there's nothing like a big black brute right on your tail to make you want to stop running!
    Last edited by 63DH8; 01-17-2011 at 01:25 PM.

There's a point in your life when you get tired of trying to fix everything and trying to make everyone happy. When you finally decide to quit, it's NOT giving up. It's realizing you don't need certain people and the bullshit they bring to your life.

I like your truck. I went with the long bed for the pure utility of it, but i like the look of the shorter bed. I have to be aware where I take it. Not too good trying to park in tight places.

That police truck sounds like a brute. I wonder kind of mileage he gets.

I've got 58,000 miles on mine now. I never had a diesel before. I just hope she stays repair free for a while.

I guess these had some software issues at first. Mine was reprogrammed by the former owner through Ford, as I'm pretty sure most were. I also found out the 6.0 has an issue with the EGR cooler going bad. There is aftermarket parts to address this as well, to include a bypass replacement (may not be exactly emissions legal in some states). I'm pretty sure mine is original. Crossing fingers it doesn't fail. Those are the only issues I'm aware that the 6.0 has had.

The former owner must of drove mine until the warranty ran out and then traded it in. It had 52000 miles on it when I bought it. Not a scratch on it. I hunt and do the lookouts, so it's not going to stay that way.
    Last edited by btcave; 01-17-2011 at 05:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 63DH8 View Post
    Brian, great pics! Is that one of those firetowers you worked on?

Also Brian, you know that Dodge truck owners suffer from premature ejaculation, don't you? While they're cummin, Ford owners are still powerstroking!

That was actually funny.... However....you guys, have to, do some powerstrokin.... The Cummins sound seem to attract those with skirts so you dont have to. Think about it the next time you drive by the Dodge dealer.....

Seriously... I could live with a Ford outside my window... That third option powered by Duramax.... That would not work for me.

Brian, I have a 16 foot trailer to haul my tractor, so the shortbed wasn't a problem. It took a while to get used to the length of the truck, but it wasn't too bad.

Did you know Ford has a 200,000 mile, 10 year warranty on the 6.0 engines? If you're having problems with the EGR system, get it in on the warranty. When I first got the truck, the check engine light was on. My service manager recommended that I drive I-90 to Spokane and back. He suspected there was soot plugging the EGR cooler due to short drives. Sure enough! On the way home, the light went off, and haven't been on since. At the next service, the mechanic noticed a leak at one of the heads. He checked to see if I had the upgraded cooler. Beings I did, he recommended I take a long drive whenever the engine threw a code saying the EGR system was acting up. If you ever have the engine torn apart, have the mechanic replace the headbolts with studs. It'll make it more reliable; You won't have to worry about blowing head gaskets if you decide to put an aftermarket program on your truck. One of the first things to do is replace the exhaust with 4 inch pipes. That will keep the exhaust temps down. Keeping the exhaust temps down will help save the turbo.

I think the cop said he's pushing around 400hp, and 600ft/lbs of torque. He gets a kick out of rice burners trying to outrun him.

Quote Originally Posted by Janet View Post
    Kathy, where are you going. My ex lives in Conn. some where, with his current wife.
    will this area be friendlier to your getting elected.
    Beacon Falls. This is outside the district I ran in and the guy who actually won his election in the new place is good. He sat next to me at one of the debates...I wont be running there, I can help get Len Greene, the current guy get re-elected.

Paying the left over bills from the campaign I am relieved anyway. The gift that keeps on giving.

63D dont sweat it, were all grownups here.

Guns Network Lifetime Membership 01/2011 old Grump's Avatar

A little hut in the woods near Blue River Wisconsin
    Don't matter none to me where you live, When the ground softens up a bit...when I can see the ground again I'll stick your campaign sign up by my mailbox.

BT how is the back today, sciatica easing up yet? I'm guessing you want to get back up on the tower next summer again, just be a bit more careful how you handle those stairs. That's why us old codgers move a little slower on them, getting up after a slip takes us longer.

63, old truck driving mama thought it was funny, nurse sister didn't know what a Cummings was. I thought it was pretty punny but then I ain't growed up yet, getting old doesn't necessarily mean growing up.

Roman Catholic, Life Member of American Legion, VFW, Wisconsin Libertarian party, Wi-FORCE, WGO, NRA, JPFO, GOA, SAF and CCRKBA

"THE STATE THAT SEPARATES ITS SCHOLARS FROM IT WARRIORS WILL HAVE ITS THINKING DONE BY COWARDS AND ITS FIGHTING DONE BY FOOLS"

THUCYDIDES.

Thanks OG, the house closing is next Friday. I am excited to get on with life. The job here is challenging but less stressful than it was in Denver.

Now to find a local range.

Guns Network Lifetime Membership 01/2011 old Grump's Avatar

A little hut in the woods near Blue River Wisconsin
    Ma had cancer surgery yesterday, went in for a little spot about half the size of her little fingernail and had to keep cutting till they tout over 3" 20 stitches to close and now another sore on her wrist doesn't look good, hopefully its not cancer. I posted a little something for her in GD. She won't see it but enough people will she will hear about it.

If it aint one thing its something else.

Roman Catholic, Life Member of American Legion, VFW, Wisconsin Libertarian party, Wi-FORCE, WGO, NRA, JPFO, GOA, SAF and CCRKBA

"THE STATE THAT SEPARATES ITS SCHOLARS FROM IT WARRIORS WILL HAVE ITS THINKING DONE BY COWARDS AND ITS FIGHTING DONE BY FOOLS"

THUCYDIDES.

Quote Originally Posted by old Grump View Post
    Ma had cancer surgery yesterday, went in for a little spot about half the size of her little fingernail and had to keep cutting till they tout over 3" 20 stitches to close and now another sore on her wrist doesn't look good, hopefully its not cancer. I posted a little something for her in GD. She won't see it but enough people will she will hear about it.

If it aint one thing its something else.
    Keeping Ma in my prayers.

OG- Prayers sent.

63- Thanks for the heads up on future maintenance.

My first project for the truck will be installing trailer braking. I'm normally a do it your self guy with cars and trucks, but I think this is a project I'll pay someone to do. Sometimes I have to do a project 2 or 3 times to get it right (ie getting a good seal after changing a thermostat), but I'm not going to gamble crossing the Cascades with a do it your self trailer braking system. Santiam Pass looses altitude fast when coming down into the high desert from the summit.

My trucks brakes shimmy some on that decent. Might need to rotate and balance the tires, or replace the rear self adjusters, or rotors and pads are in the near future. (I think they are drum brakes on the back, I haven't looked).

The Bronco turned me into an amateur mechanic. I was always working on that beast. Brakes, sensors, radiator, thermostat, water pump, chain cover gasket, fluid changes everywhere, 4x4 hubs, ect. It's so nice to own a vehicle I can drive and not be tearing it apart every 2 or 3 months. The 2003 Mustang has about 110,000 miles on it, so I'm looking at stuff failing on it pretty soon, I'm sure.

Until my back heals, I'm at the mercy of the mechanic. So crossing fingers I wont have issues until I heal and can start bending and twisting again. Crap, I can't even change my own oil right now!

BT you may grow to enjoy watching someone else do the back breaking work while you supervise....

Quote Originally Posted by kathy View Post
    BT you may grow to enjoy watching someone else do the back breaking work while you supervise....
    Blasphemy Kathy!

Brian, I had the same problem with my truck. Turned out it was the front brake rotor. Our trucks have four wheel disk brakes. They're fairly simple to work on. Pop the calipers off, then the disks slid off. The front brakes may require some persuasion in the form of a 3lb hammer. One of the problems our trucks have is the weight of the engine. That weight makes the front brakes work quite a bit harder than trucks with gas engines. I warped my new front brakes in less than a year, which was a good thing as Ford warranties parts for a year. I'm not saying it's your front brakes, only that it's fairly easy to take care of the problem.

As for the trailer brakes, I installed mine on my truck. It's waaay easier than it was years ago. Behind your radio is a plug that sits there in mid-air plugged into nothing. That's where you plug in your trailer brake controller. You can access is from under your steering wheel when remove the shroud that covers your fuse panel. Plug the controller's harness there, and the other end into your controller. That's it!

This is the company I bought the controller from. http://www.southwestwheel.com/store/...FRxqgwodrhHnHg They sent me the wrong (free) harness, but sent me the new one, no question asked.

This video shows how easy it is to install the controller and harness. http://www.etrailer.com/tv-brake-con...superduty.aspx

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast