Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which States still have gun shows where there is no background check needed

Guns Network Contributor 04/2013 El Laton Caliente's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by peometer View Post
    I came across with this discussion and i find this very helpful for me but can someone tell me about any online resource of checking background?
    The FBI runs the background checks and you have to have a FFL dealer number to run one. Any FFL can run it.

OH, welcome to the board! Hope you stick around. Glad to answer even on an old thread. Why don't you go to General Discussion and intro yourself...
    Last edited by El Laton Caliente; 01-15-2012 at 02:01 PM.

Hm, there's some very different posts here. The shows in Somerset here in KY I went to a few years ago had a lot of private sellers with no paperwork in sight. Most tables have to do paperwork now tho as a lot more sellers are FFLs.
    Last edited by Solidus-snake; 01-15-2012 at 04:52 PM.
    Being ready is not what matters. What matters is winning after you get there.
    LtGen Victor H. Krulak, USMC

Moderator & Team Gunsnet Platinum 07/2011 O.S.O.K.'s Avatar

The "gun show loophole" is a referrence to the private sellers - yes. But this is entirely legal and not limited to gun shows at all. Any two people can exchange a firearm within a state. That is, if they are both residents - and that's entirely legal. Still is in most states.
    ~Nemo me impune lacessit~

In Georgia they do a background check if they are a FFL dealer. No private citizen is required to do one and a bill of sale is not required either.

I can sell guns from my personal collection on my front lawn all day long.
    I can also do this at local gun shows. Buy a table, set it up and sell, sell, sell.
    No FFL, no nothing.

I haven't done it, but know others who do.
    Many States cannot regulate this activity except through new manufacturers.
    Personal collections, it's open range.
    I have bought a 1903 Springfield, and M1 Garand, at Gun Show, no paper of any kind.

Loophole?
    Enough to dock the USS Oklahoma at least.
    We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.
    George Orwell

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12