Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Holsters?

Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2011 Crash's Avatar

I use a Blackhawk drop leg holster that if needed can be worn in other ways. I also just picked up a Blackhawk holster that attaches using molle straps so I can put it on a vest. I have some holsters from Andrews Custom Leatherworks that I use for concealed carry as well.

Quote Originally Posted by ubersoldate View Post
    Ive tried all kinds of nice holsters over the years, from custom leather, to high speed tactical drop legs and for me, the only one that I found to work the best, is a elcheapo fobus paddle.
    Waterproof, durable, and easy to remove quickly if need to be.

I think a few posts on here over the years that Ive read by HDR, DD, and kalishnikev kind of got me thinking about my shtf load out stuff...
    That I might have to run into other people, or end up in a place where wearing all the heavy gear might not be the best bet.

Contact with anyone via firearms is pretty much what Im NOT looking for, so Id want to carry enough firepower to hit hard and get the hell out of dodge but not look like a barrel bristeling tank from a mile off...
    I'm the same way. That's why I use a Sneakybag. Lame name, good product. In it I can carry a loaded Ak with folding stock, and another satchel with 4 rifle mags, 2 g22 mags, a flashlight, medkit, snak, chemlight, and use as a dump pouch. From a distance, just a plain jane grey bag. Give me 3 seconds and I can deploy a loaded rifle. Give me another 20 and I can pull out the satchel to use.

All the while it doesn't interfere in any way with my G22 carried AIWB. I do have a "heavy roller" kit, but that's more because I'm a Gear Queer than anything else.
    Because you suck. And I hate you.

Proud member of GeorgiaCarry.org, Ohio CCW, and the Second Amendment Foundation. Ex-NRA member.

"He that would make his own liberty secure must guard even his enemy from oppression." - Thomas Paine

Brutus was a prophet.

Quote Originally Posted by old Grump View Post
    ...And I have the HOL-011L. What can I say, I'm old school, web belt and canvas pouches too. Us dinosaurs go with what we was brung up with.
    Now we're talking!

I was in search for what I wanted to be my Shtf kit that I could get to do most tasks. I ended up with a Eberlestock G4 Operator in Desert Tan. If I wanted to go completely heavy I could carry 3 rifles, Bolt rifle in the scabbard, AR10 carbine taken down into side pockets each with 4-6 mags in each, and AR-15 on carry. Not including sidearms. The ruck weighs with cold weather/warm weather gear, and 14 MREs battlepacked, 200 rds 308, and 40 rds 45. with bolt 308 and AR10, med kit, mess kit, Katadyn,and other odds and ends, at 65-70lbs. I mean its not light but shit its the most badass ruck I've gotten my hands on. Ive had Alice, and blackhawk. But this does it. Gone camping out of it 4 weeks total so far this summer, got it in spring. Pricey at $550.00 online at their website. No complaints about the ruck either rugged as hell and after I figured out how I like the weight to be settled I liked it. Whats cool is I cant fill it, I still have plenty of room in side pockets for the kichen sink. Or it could go discrete and fold up.

For holsters at least carry wise Galco Leather inside the pants rocks for me. In shorts and shirt I could conceal a HK USP 45 Tac and G19 w/2 blackhawk mag carriers inside the pant as well and 1 USP mag in rear pocket, I was wearing dark colours like blue, but there was so very little printing. But really tight and uncomfortable. In a post Shtf scenario 2 concealed pistols wouldnt hurt. And say some 33 rnd G19 mags. For range on the G19 I use a blackhawk Serpa with 33's sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by arcangel View Post
    I was in search for what I wanted to be my Shtf kit that I could get to do most tasks. I ended up with a Eberlestock G4 Operator in Desert Tan. If I wanted to go completely heavy I could carry 3 rifles, Bolt rifle in the scabbard, AR10 carbine taken down into side pockets each with 4-6 mags in each, and AR-15 on carry. Not including sidearms. The ruck weighs with cold weather/warm weather gear, and 14 MREs battlepacked, 200 rds 308, and 40 rds 45. with bolt 308 and AR10, med kit, mess kit, Katadyn,and other odds and ends, at 65-70lbs. I mean its not light but shit its the most badass ruck I've gotten my hands on. Ive had Alice, and blackhawk. But this does it. Gone camping out of it 4 weeks total so far this summer, got it in spring. Pricey at $550.00 online at their website. No complaints about the ruck either rugged as hell and after I figured out how I like the weight to be settled I liked it. Whats cool is I cant fill it, I still have plenty of room in side pockets for the kichen sink. Or it could go discrete and fold up.

For holsters at least carry wise Galco Leather inside the pants rocks for me. In shorts and shirt I could conceal a HK USP 45 Tac and G19 w/2 blackhawk mag carriers inside the pant as well and 1 USP mag in rear pocket, I was wearing dark colours like blue, but there was so very little printing. But really tight and uncomfortable. In a post Shtf scenario 2 concealed pistols wouldnt hurt. And say some 33 rnd G19 mags. For range on the G19 I use a blackhawk Serpa with 33's sometimes.
    + 1 on the Serpa I was reading the thread like wtf not one person is bringing up the serpa and saw this before i posted it. I love the male/female adapter you can put one on your vest and one on a paddle or belt and move the holster from thing to thing. And the retention and reholstring is great. I like the one I used. I carry with a bianchi belt behind the back middle finger retention thats close to the serpa but its nice leather and just as fast.

Well I never thought of a carry rig like the ones posted. I only have CCW holsters.. looks like I need a drop leg for my G20sf.

Quote Originally Posted by abpt1 View Post
    Well I never thought of a carry rig like the ones posted. I only have CCW holsters..
    I live in a heavily forested area populated with everything from bears to raccoons. I have a dorg who needs to go out. My CCW and web gear holsters are a pain. I bought a couple of Uncle Mike's "inside-the-pant" holsters. It quickly hooks over a belt or fits well in a back pocket.

I was tired of buying tons of holsters only to find that they were uncomfortable and didn't really provide me the custom fit I wanted in a holster for everyday wear. So I started shopping around for a custom kydex Holster. I ordered one for my Beretta Nano, from L.A.G. Tactical. Their customer service was exceptional and the order process was easy to complete. The holster i received was made exactly the way I wanted it. Im also left handed and find it extremely difficult to find good left handed holsters in stores. L.A.G. Tactical also sent me two sets of loops for both OWB and IWB carry, its like two holsters in one!!! Ive been wearing mine for about 3 months and have no complaints. If you are tired of having boxes of crappy holsters around, give L.A.G. Tactical a try, personally ill go no where else.

Moderator & Team Gunsnet Platinum 07/2011 O.S.O.K.'s Avatar

to the board. Good first post. Even if it is a two-year-old thread
    ~Nemo me impune lacessit~

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12