Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bulgarian AK-74

Have any links for how to install a triangle on a fixed stock gun? Wanting one for my Arsenal.

Quote Originally Posted by Solidus-snake View Post
    Have any links for how to install a triangle on a fixed stock gun? Wanting one for my Arsenal.

I still have the details for modifying a stock receiver. You need to get a stock complete with all of the trunnion goodies.

I can scan and email the stuff to you next week if you are interested. It took me about 4 hours of work with a drill and dremel and I have better fit than the NODAK receiver I just picked up for my AK-74M build.

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ATAK, Inc. View Post
    I still have the details for modifying a stock receiver. You need to get a stock complete with all of the trunnion goodies.

I can scan and email the stuff to you next week if you are interested. It took me about 4 hours of work with a drill and dremel and I have better fit than the NODAK receiver I just picked up for my AK-74M build.
    Do you think you could post it publicly on the board or would it be a copyright violation?

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyPertwee View Post
    Do you think you could post it publicly on the board or would it be a copyright violation?

I'll dig up the paper and see if there is any issue with posting it. It won't be till Monday, but if I Can post it, I'll start a new thread.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kalashnikovkitteh View Post
    That stock is the coolest looking one I've seen!
    It folds left side over the scope mount. Theyt do cheek well as do the polymer left folding stocks. The one you were talking about is either Romanian or East German wire folder. I put a Romy on my SAR-3 and it works ok and was easy to put on as it just fits up to the rear trunion and screws to the tangs like a wood stock.

Junior Member kalashnikovkitteh's Avatar

Actually, this stock is the coolest, and it folds to the right!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by kalashnikovkitteh View Post
    Actually, this stock is the coolest, and it folds to the right!
    So your getting a Galil? Nice rifles but heavy. And mounting a scope can be difficult if I remember correctly.

Guns Network Contributor 04/2013 El Laton Caliente's Avatar

For a budget priced .223 you could try the Golani Galil by Century. I have two (and one IMI .308), my two running buddys have 1 each and they perform well. The only draw backs are being milled they are heavy, but that also makes them rock solid and lessens recoil and the mags are now more pricey than a few years ago (but so are AK74 mags).

At $500 to $560 I think these are a real value in a .223 AK based rifle.

EDIT:
    Kalashnikvkitteh, I'd recommend you find a Galil to try before you buy. Depending on your size and strength, you might not like the weight or the rifle. Even if you don't you will be able to get all/most of your money out of it if you don't like it.

The scope issue is correct, the mounts are several times the price of a normal AK mount.
    Last edited by El Laton Caliente; 01-29-2011 at 02:29 PM.

Here is the budget answer to the Galil scope issue:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=213428301

$49 to $59 isn't bad although I haven't used one. The original Israeli IMI mounts run from $80 up to $200 or more for one with the 30mm optic. The original sniper scope is outragous...

Junior Member kalashnikovkitteh's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El Laton Caliente View Post
    For a budget priced .223 you could try the Golani Galil by Century. I have two (and one IMI .308), my two running buddys have 1 each and they perform well. The only draw backs are being milled they are heavy, but that also makes them rock solid and lessens recoil and the mags are now more pricey than a few years ago (but so are AK74 mags).

At $500 to $560 I think these are a real value in a .223 AK based rifle.

EDIT:
    Kalashnikvkitteh, I'd recommend you find a Galil to try before you buy. Depending on your size and strength, you might not like the weight or the rifle. Even if you don't you will be able to get all/most of your money out of it if you don't like it.

The scope issue is correct, the mounts are several times the price of a normal AK mount.
    Well, I'm 5'10" and weigh 150lbs. soaking wet, so...

I did handle a Galil at the gunstore a while ago and it's definitely too heavy for me. I really love the folding stock though. The guys at the gunstore said that the Ace folding stock is the way to go. Although the Tapco one is nicer on the budget.

Then you should stay away from milled AKs. The Chinese made a right side folder, but those are normally higher. The Bulgarian left side folder is likely the best bet for you, I have one, they are nice and in 5.45 they have very light recoil.

You could also get a SAR3 or WASR in .223 and swap in the Ace folder like they said.

The Ace is better materials/stronger than the Tapco.

Team Gunsnet Silver 02/14 - Moderator recon's Avatar

That seems like a great deal on that AK-74.

Unfortunately, I've always been turned down for a discount any time I have contacted Atlantic about a Rifle I'm interested in.

Did they say why?
    Buy It Cheap!
    Stack It Deep!

Original Member-July-1999!

Quote Originally Posted by recon View Post
    Did they say why?
    Last time it was "I thought gunsnet was gone".

I don't think they are current sponsors, so I don't know why they would anyway, even though I would never have even looked at their sight if I hadn't read good things about them on Gunsnet.

I shouldn't have said always. They offered me a $20 discount like three or four years ago.

Team Gunsnet Silver 02/14 - Moderator recon's Avatar

I thought this company was coming here but I haven't seen anything yet. I know they offer discounts on the other gun boards.
    Buy It Cheap!
    Stack It Deep!

Original Member-July-1999!

Folks we try to offer as many discounts as we can but do not offer them on all items due to the price already being marked down , on sale or reduced . We are not aware of any current policy to deny discounts to members of this board so wonder exactly how old mr funkypeewees inquiry was from , it is VERY doubtfull that every time we have turned you down .
    Atlantic Firearms.com
    sales@atlanticfirearms.com
    410 352 5183

Quote Originally Posted by Atlantic Firearms View Post
    Folks we try to offer as many discounts as we can but do not offer them on all items due to the price already being marked down , on sale or reduced . We are not aware of any current policy to deny discounts to members of this board so wonder exactly how old mr funkypeewees inquiry was from , it is VERY doubtfull that every time we have turned you down .
    That is very true. I have not been turned down every time. Two posts up you will see where I already corrected myself. You will also see where I defended your decision to deny me a discount because at the time you were not a sponsor to this sight, and on another occasion the sight was shut down.

When do you plan on becoming a sponsor again?

Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2012 videodon's Avatar

When do you plan on becoming a sponsor again?
    +1
    видеодон

Team GunsNet Gold 05/2011

They say you're screwed due to Obi-One-Nairobi's assumption.

http://www.aceltdusa.com/AKStampedNoMods.htm

They moved AND they've been overwhelmed by Hope and Change.
    Last edited by Bluntforce; 02-12-2011 at 01:32 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12