Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: To hell with the saiga...Check out this puppy!!!

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

To hell with the saiga...Check out this puppy!!!

Not a fan of Keltec, though I've never had one, but this would be about the perfect home defense weapon.

12 gauge, 14 rounds

http://www.keltecweapons.com/news/pr...ec-shotgun-ksg

Last edited by 1 Patriot-of-many; 01-24-2011 at 10:02 PM.

Moderator & Team Gunsnet SILVER 01/2011 AKTexas's Avatar

Very nice looking where can we find specs on it?
    NRA, TSRA, GUN OWNERS OF AMERICA
    BEING THE MODERATOR OF THE ROADHOUSE IS LIKE BEING THE JANITOR OF A PEEP SHOW.

There have been several threads on this if you search, I think it's a neat idea based off a South African design but IMO they got to get the discussed price down before I'd be interested.

http://www.gunsnet.net/showthread.ph...el-tec-Shotgun

Isn't that what they call 'Cloud Ware'? Kinda like the RFB: Hardly seen, and when you find them, you'll give an arm, a leg, a pint of blood, and your firstborn to own.
    How do you compromise with someone when their idea of compromise is to give them what THEY want?

Thunder River Home

NRA Lifer since Apr 2009

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Quote Originally Posted by hazmat View Post
    Isn't that what they call 'Cloud Ware'? Kinda like the RFB: Hardly seen, and when you find them, you'll give an arm, a leg, a pint of blood, and your firstborn to own.
    Ah nah it's not like that, it's just in development

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mriddick View Post
    Ah nah it's not like that, it's just in development
    So we have to wait at least a year before it gets like that.

Won't fit in my backpack so it is a no go for me.

If it weren't for Surly having an RFB, I'd swear they were just a rumor. I'd say at the rate things are going now, I might see one of them new-fangled Kel-Tec shotties sometime around 2024. But they'll keep telling me it's coming soon!
    How do you compromise with someone when their idea of compromise is to give them what THEY want?

Thunder River Home

NRA Lifer since Apr 2009

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Quote Originally Posted by AKTexas View Post
    Won't fit in my backpack so it is a no go for me.
    Why do you need a 12 gauge for your back pack?

My Draco fits in my back pack with a mag loaded.

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyPertwee View Post
    Why do you need a 12 gauge for your back pack?

My Draco fits in my back pack with a mag loaded.
    I'm looking for a backpack gun,I sold the PLR16 I owned because it was ammo picky.Looking to replace it.If the Kel-Tec shotgun was short enough I would have looked into it.But the OL is 26" too long for my backpack.So my next option is either a Sub2k or Draco and SBR it.

I'm looking for a backpack gun,I sold the PLR16 I owned because it was ammo picky.Looking to replace it.If the Kel-Tec shotgun was short enough I would have looked into it.But the OL is 26" too long for my backpack.So my next option is either a Sub2k or Draco and SBR it.
    Well 26" is the minimum for rifles as far as I know.

My Draco seems to be fine without a stock. I've got a single point sling, though. For people purposes I think its fine for within 100 yards. I wouldn't take it to Iraq though.

I've thought it would be good for a deer within appropriate range. Also, I bet putting a side rail on it and using the Kobra would open the range up a little.

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyPertwee View Post
    Well 26" is the minimum for rifles as far as I know.

My Draco seems to be fine without a stock. I've got a single point sling, though. For people purposes I think its fine for within 100 yards. I wouldn't take it to Iraq though.

I've thought it would be good for a deer within appropriate range. Also, I bet putting a side rail on it and using the Kobra would open the range up a little.
    My backpack is only 20" internally,I'm considering the Draco over the Sub2k.

I would.

I hesitated on a draco until I got a good deal on it, but after I got it I realized that not having the stock wasn't the big drawback I thought it was. The gun feels like a submachine gun no matter what, but making shots with the sights isn't bad, and with the muzzle brake I have on it there's little noticeable recoil. It's solid because its an AK and you know the round has plenty of power, unless your hunting something serious. Its really a small package to have the firepower of 30 7.62x39, and the weight difference between it and my similar folding stock SAR-1 is enough to counter the drawbacks of not having a stock.

If I were going to join the SWAT team I would obviously choose a different weapon, but I think it does fine for a light and handy package for civilians.

I am as of yet to even see an RFB in person.
    Doobie Doobie Doo..

If it weren't for Surly having an RFB, I'd swear they were just a rumor. I'd say at the rate things are going now, I might see one of them new-fangled Kel-Tec shotties sometime around 2024. But they'll keep telling me it's coming soon!
    LOL reminds me of the Masada/ACR.
    Doobie Doobie Doo..

This is the fifth thread on this keltec shotgun on gunsnet.

And its AWESOME.
    I want one.

Team GunsNet Silver 04/2014 El Jefe's Avatar

You know, I just checked my pack, and the best I could conceal in it is probably 24". I've never gave much thought to the idea but yeah, this shotgun wouldn't fit. But I'm sure a guy could find one it would fit in.
    Returns June 3rd.

it looks ok ! but i think ill keep my saiga .
    TREUE BIS IN DEN TOD

Quote Originally Posted by Jefferson View Post
    You know, I just checked my pack, and the best I could conceal in it is probably 24". I've never gave much thought to the idea but yeah, this shotgun wouldn't fit. But I'm sure a guy could find one it would fit in.
    I'm sure there are backpacks out there that would fit these but I do not want that backpack.Now I need to sell off a couple of guns to get me a couple of Dracos.

If they are on the market at the end of the year.....IT WILL BE MINE!

I dig it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast