Thread: A.A.C. Evo-9 suppressor

Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2012 videodon's Avatar

A.A.C. Evo-9 suppressor

видеодон

Team GunsNet Platinum 07/2011 nfa1934's Avatar

Nice one!

I'm really starting to enjoy suppressors. I used to be more into machineguns, but I sold all but one a few years ago (couldn't justify sitting on that much money, shooting was expensive, and it's hard to find a place to shoot a rifle caliber full-auto). I have a Coastal can on my M11/9, a YHM Cobra .45 for my pistols (threaded barrels on my SIG 220 and ParaOrdnance SF-45-A), and a YHM Phantom 7.62 that I use on my 7.62 and 5.56 rifles (quick detach mounts on my LR-308T, my SIG 556, and my Bushmaster).

This is my next one (Thompson Machine Poseidon), for my XDM 3.8 (EFK Fire Dragon has announced threaded barrels for the 3.8 coming soon). For the first time, I'll have to do the transfer with a trust since I've relocated to a city where the douchebag CLEO won't sign.

I've looked at getting a Poseidon next...wipes & all.
    видеодон

Never used a suppressor with wipes. Are they that much of a hassle?

I also noticed on silencerresearch, a reviewer mentioned accuracy issues with the Poseidon. In one of the videos, the third shot in a string goes "four or five feet to the left." There is no elaboration on accuracy issues beyond that comment on one shot and no mention of the distance to the target. The Poseidon seems to get a good amount of praise on some of the suppressor forums. On guy mentions a malfunction where a piece of the rear wipe blows back through the barrel and ends up stuck in the ejection port though.

Maybe I should look at another full-size suppressor. What sold you on the Evo-9? I don't mind some tradeoffs for the size of the Poseidon and could probably live with the wipes. I could also live with some degradation in accuracy (I understand that point of impact can vary as much as 6 inches at 100 yards between 6 and 12 with my suppressed 7.62, that's okay but four or five feet at close range with a pistol is too much).

I've never used wipes.
    They're old school tech and will affect accuracy
    since the bullet actually touches on the way out.
    (at least the first time)
    Evo-9 is the best for the buck.
    You can also adjust for POI.
    видеодон

You lucky bastage.

I'll own a EVO9 one of these days when this fuckin state finally gets it's shit together.

Today I ordered the Poseidon anyway. I figured, what the hell, I'll give one of these tiny suppressors a try. Size-wise it suits my XDM 3.8 really well. Next, I'll be looking for an integrally suppressed 10/22 or Charger.

Quote Originally Posted by nfa1934 View Post
    Today I ordered the Poseidon anyway. I figured, what the hell, I'll give one of these tiny suppressors a try. Size-wise it suits my XDM 3.8 really well. Next, I'll be looking for an integrally suppressed 10/22 or Charger.
    Please report back after you use it.
    I had thought about one for a Makarov.
    (keel moose and squeerl)
    видеодон

Quote Originally Posted by videodon View Post
    Please report back after you use it.
    I had thought about one for a Makarov.
    (keel moose and squeerl)
    Definitely. I'll probably be a while though. I've heard transfers are taking forever again. There's no reason for it to take more than a couple of months, they've proven they can do it before. I guess it's one of the costs of having a hostile administration.

If it just makes things quiet enough to not need hearing protection, I'll be happy, especially for the size. It kinda' looks like a giant grey Tylenol stuck on your barrel.

My first (last fall) took a week shy of 90 days.
    The last one (this spring) took every bit of 90 days.
    видеодон