Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: In your opinion, whats the worst firearm ever invented?

In your opinion, whats the worst firearm ever invented?

The hook is, you have to explain way you rank it as the worst.

It can be anything, shotgun, rifle, or anything that goes boom!

haskell pistols,,too many weight.......took hi-point to fugure out how to make it go multiple booms

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

French "sho-sho" machinegun, or however you say it. For always jamming and making the operator die.

I know of so many bad one's it's hard to pick just one...

Moderator & Team Gunsnet SILVER 01/2011 AKTexas's Avatar

The AK...Because it has killed so many womens and childrens in the world with heat seeking boolits that go around corners and hit you in the heart...

Well worst for me would the Lorcin pistols.
    NRA, TSRA, GUN OWNERS OF AMERICA
    BEING THE MODERATOR OF THE ROADHOUSE IS LIKE BEING THE JANITOR OF A PEEP SHOW.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Gyro Jets.

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyPertwee View Post
    French "sho-sho" machinegun, or however you say it. For always jamming and making the operator die.
    Beet me to it. +1
    US Constitution: Article 1 Section 8 Paragraph 4

The Congress shall have Power To establish an uniform Rule of Naturalization

The wost firearm ever invented is the Full Auto Assault Rifle... because she teases me with her awesomeness... and yet are financially out of reach for me... and so I hate her.... and love her...

Seriously... ^ This one.

I fucking hate the Tech 9 and I really hate the street thugs who find them to be the be-all end-all of badassery.
    "Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."
    -Nietzsche

"Accept the challenges, so that you may feel the exhilaration of victory."
    -George S. Patton

Quote Originally Posted by gpwasr10 View Post
    The wost firearm ever invented is the Full Auto Assault Rifle... because she teases me with her awesomeness... and yet are financially out of reach for me... and so I hate her.... and love her...

Seriously... ^ This one.

I fucking hate the Tech 9 and I really hate the street thugs who find them to be the be-all end-all of badassery.
    I've got one of those. Sorta inherited it back in the ban days. Only have one mag for it and never shoot it.

Although it did get shot a lot in the 90's and never failed. In fact it was the first "assault weapon" I had ever fired, and it was what got me hooked on evil looking weapons.

M16a1

O.k., not really, it's just that somebody had to say it... ;p

The one that did not work when you needed the thing. Jennings.
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

Early number 03's were dangerous, any of the zinc pistol that allow for one malfunction before cracking some part internally, the ross rifles that could be put together fatally missing one part (1905??), etc...

DeadPool
    Quote Originally Posted by l921428x View Post
    The one that did not work when you needed the thing. Jennings.
    Yep Jennings, you beat me to it. My Jennings pistol made me jealous of high point owners.

The Taurus Judge.

Not because it jams or doesn't functionally work, but because it endangers the lives of any one carrying one that expects a .410 Shotgun shell to be even remotely effective in a self defense situation out of that length of barrel.

Quote Originally Posted by Integratedj View Post
    The Taurus Judge.

Not because it jams or doesn't functionally work, but because it endangers the lives of any one carrying one that expects a .410 Shotgun shell to be even remotely effective in a self defense situation out of that length of barrel.
    As proven in another thread when Granpa blew off his daughter's boyfriend' pecker and he was still able to run.

Gabe would be proud.

Type 94 japanese pistol.

- butt-ugly
    - crappy grip
    - fired a seriously underpowered cartridge
    - totally unreliable
    - could go off just by touching it (see that exposed long zig-zag shaped piece of metal on the sencond pic? Was the lever that connected the trigger to the sear and released the firing pin. Just touch it and the gun goes "BANG")
    ====
    TEMET
    NOSCE
    ====

In war you play to win 100-0, not 51-49!

"Those who have forged their swords into ploughs, will plough for those who haven't."

fuckin jennings HATERS

Gunslinger for the win.

The Japanese Type 94 had it all.

It was a terrible design that would fire if you squeezed the sides.
    The disconnecter didn't always function and the gun would fire partially open and unlocked.
    It was made of substandard steel, possibly iron.
    The quality of build was about as bad as you could get. (Look at the smooth finish).
    It was awkward and clumsy and hard to hold onto under recoil.

American GI's in Europe got Walther's, Luger's, Mauser's, and Sauer's as souvenir pistols.
    GI's in the Pacific got this monstrosity.

PA, where the cold is only matched by the isolation
    One should not confuse bad design with poor manufacture. Any design can perform very poorly when it isn’t built right (Hesse AK’s anyone?). When considering a question like this you should consider the design itself rather than the guns that were actually made from it. The Tec-9 is a good example, there is nothing inherently wrong with the design, it was the quality of Intratec that makes it such a poor weapon. Had the Tec-9 been built by a company like Glock it would be a much more reliable piece. The Japanese type 94 and French Chaut Chaut are different stories, the design is flawed, no level of quality can make up for the engineering in either one.

Since the question is which firearms are the worst invented quality should be disregarded and only the design should be considered. Focusing just on design flaws I think the Ross straight pull, Type 94, and Chaut Chaut (mentioned above) are all top contenders.

When I first saw this question I pondered it for a good bit, really there aren’t that many bad designs out there, since the bad ones generally don’t come into production. Truly horrible designs are pretty rare.

Quote Originally Posted by gpwasr10 View Post

Seriously... ^ This one.

Actually I enjoy shooting mine. I double hand grip it and I hit everything I aim at. It's impractical, but fun and (cheap ... well it WAS) WAIT, DO YOU HAVE ONE? I'm curious. or do you just hate it because 'thugs' like it? Well thugs here like cheap pistols and (surprise) sawed off double barreled shotguns.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast